Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new "world" a let down?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
any one esle find this new "world" a let down or not?

___the bad side_____
i did the world on only one of my toons and the only reason i did so was cuz of the new tower. im not even sure you should call this place a "new world" all it was, was a quest chain and thats it, they have you run back and forth talking to the same ppl only to make the "world" look bigger then it realy is.

____the good side____
i got a new out fit from it and a free pet so its not too bad, there was some jokes in there that made me lol and the city did looking nice as well as the teachers in all it was well made and could prove to be a challage for lower lvls

but knowing wiz101 im sure there is more to this world then what we know, all im saying is that the headmisstress is shady is all.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I would think that Wisteria, which is a letdown for many wizards, (personally I think its great!) is the opening for the next generation of schools and spells we will need for the next couple of worlds.
This world was an introduction for the next generation of schools/spells.
Give them time, I think you will have feathers in your mouth LOL!

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I thought this world was awesome!It wasen't a 'let down' and it does count as a world.It is on the spiral door map.That counts.The Pigswick acdemy outfit is awesome!I'm just saying I didn't think that this world was a let down.

MeganGriffinSword
Grandmaster Sorcerer
Level 52

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
I'm convinced that the Headmistress is Morganthe... but I can't prove it. :D

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
sagehyuuga wrote:

___the bad side_____
i did the world on only one of my toons and the only reason i did so was cuz of the new tower. im not even sure you should call this place a "new world" all it was, was a quest chain and thats it, they have you run back and forth talking to the same ppl only to make the "world" look bigger then it realy is.

____the good side____
i got a new out fit from it and a free pet so its not too bad, there was some jokes in there that made me lol and the city did looking nice as well as the teachers in all it was well made and could prove to be a challage for lower lvls

but knowing wiz101 im sure there is more to this world then what we know, all im saying is that the headmisstress is shady is all.
I beat it in two days... it was a little to easy for my taste, but it was fun. I enjoyed getting the spiral cup and putting it my house! :) I also enjoyed getting my little golden piggle. But i really want a Weirwood world, like where beatrice wildwing lives in! That would be really fun!

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
glencom wrote:
Hahahahaha! That would be awesome if she was Morganthe! She is mean enough to be her. LOL!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
glencom wrote:

huh why

anyways i like this world i got a new pet and outfit although i hate the hat
and it gave me a golden piggle named cleo

right now cleo is gonna be with me for a long time on my fire

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
sagehyuuga wrote:

___the bad side_____

____the good side____

Ugh.... It's a side world for lower levels but to also keep higher levels busy with farming Helephant tower, and doing some of the quests. In November/December is when the real update comes. Wysteria is to keep us pre-occupied until the new world.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
More than a let down:( really unhappy with it, there is beautiful furniture and other things in here that I would love to have. When you go to where furniture is supposed to be sold, all that is there are reagents????? Why is none of this for sale . Also Helephant tower is ridiculous how is any one supposed to win this by themselves. I usually don't whine in games I am old and play a lot of games I am not a child or even teenager more of the gray old type . Please Fix this so it is not so useless to play.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
hannalizzybeth wrote:
sagehyuuga wrote:

___the bad side_____

____the good side____

I beat it in two days... it was a little to easy for my taste, but it was fun. I enjoyed getting the spiral cup and putting it my house! :-) I also enjoyed getting my little golden piggle. But i really want a Weirwood world, like where beatrice wildwing lives in! That would be really fun!
I think this world was a let down as well. I beat this easy thing in 1 day when it first came out on the test realm, and i also beat it in 1 day when it came to live. I agree with people that this place isnt great right now because they'll update it later on...but for lower levels, they think this a challenging thing for them which is great. I myself am a Legendary fire wizard, and i am really ticked off bout this right now. i remember that in the shopping area, another world was like this. I agree with alara13, i havent seen the wizards watchtower or sunken palace in live yet, and i tried checking the housing shop seeing if they were there. of course, they werent, and other stores like the pet shop and wand shop, they didnt have pets or wands, just pet snacks and athames and decks!!!! So i really think Kingsisle should read the forums so they can know that people think this world should be updated. I also think The Tower of The Helephant is not the best tower for legendaries. They updated this in the test realm, so everything but Lyon Lorestriker was different. Now, Lyon uses a 600+ damage blizzard everytime he gets his 3rd minion, and and 2 times if you didnt kill them on the first round of them all being there. I died at least 15 times from this in the test, and once in the live and gave up saying: "This is too hard! Why does Kingsisle do this?!! Waterworks is easier then this!!" And when i walk up with my fire friend Kymma DragonFriend to do this, we couldnt find a good enough team who had done the tower already in test or live, and could at least survive first battle of the tower!!! I was so ticked, i just told kymma i was gonna give up for now until kingsisle fixes this. So again, I think this world WAS a let down. Sorry Kingsisle, i know you want lower levels to have fun in a new world, but this is annoying for Legendaries to even finish the Helephant tower, so i'm not occupied with this. :-( -Sean Flame, Lvl 60 Pyromancer Youtube account: Blazingpyromancer

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
im not bashing them i know its a door way for whats to come but i mean come on, even GH was a side world to keep us busy but it had more lore then this "world",
as for the helepaht tower i hope they dont make it easy i mean the first battle drags on a bit but its easy when you have a full team a healer and maybe a ice to taunt and spam shields.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
glencom wrote:

I see what you're going at, but i personally don't believe its morganthe because its a side world and not needed in order to complete the game and it also is more for wizards in the malistare arc.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
sagehyuuga wrote:

___the bad side_____

____the good side____

Ugh.... It's a side world for lower levels but to also keep higher levels busy with farming Helephant tower, and doing some of the quests. In November/December is when the real update comes. Wysteria is to keep us pre-occupied until the new world.

Wysteria IS the new world.
They bring ONE new world every SUMMER. The big updates (Dragonspyre, Celestia) come every 2 years.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I personally think it was a letdown for me, but I always thought it was just something to keep Legendaries busy. It was extremely easy, and I would prefer more health on the cheating bosses. But I do know KI worked hard on this, and I thank them for that.

Jordan FireBringer, lvl 36 Fire
Elijah Deathbringer, lvl 7 Death
Patrick Star, lvl 1 Storm

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
sagehyuuga wrote:

___the bad side_____

____the good side____

Wysteiria in my opinion is an awesomesauce place. I loved defeating the bosses and I had practice for Marleybone, which is the world I'm currently working on.
~ Brittany DeathBringer, level 25 Necromancer.

P.S. quote the registar lady (Frogot her name O.o)- "I'd give you a cookie if I had one!" **Noms on cookie** wha?

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
No. No, I don't. Because it's an easy world where we can learn about Weirwood and Mirage, where we get a cool pet (Finally, a piggle species NOT from a card), and an awesome furniture item. What is there possibly to complain about?

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
I thought it was a huge letdown. I was hoping for SOME fun out of it, but all the jokes made me feel like they were directed more towards kids my brother's age. The headmistress, in my opinion, is a stuck-up snob who needs better professors. I was bored the whole time I was there. Sorry if this goes against what you think, but it is my opinion. I could rant awhile longer, but I'm not going to. Again, I apologize if this goes against your personal opinion.

Donna
Lvl 52 Necromancer

Survivor
May 25, 2011
hannalizzybeth wrote:
glencom wrote:
Hahahahaha! That would be awesome if she was Morganthe! She is mean enough to be her. LOL!

I Know she is mean and she sort of i said sort of has that look. Also she is mean. :x

Your Friend,
Fiona Ravenblood.
Lvl 43ish

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
There is no need really for you to bash on Wysteria;; I took a break from Marleybone and soloed all of it except for Chester Droors. It wasn't too easy, or too difficult, it was just right and extremly relaxing and fun. :)

It's a pity you feel it's a let down.

.Alexis Crow - Level 41 Necromancer

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
You guys are not appriciating KI's hard work to make these new worlds. I love every single world. Also, if you don't like Wysteria, just don't do it! After all, it is a side world.