Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ice is too over powering!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
hello, i just wanted to say that when you get to celestia and wintertusk, ice becomes too over powering! the reason ice is over powering is because they use mutate spells from the storm school which gives them more power which isn't fair at all, like really ice should have moderate damage not using mutates from the storm school to give them more damage then they should have. then when they do all that damage you have too heal and can't attack much. some spells that are mutates from the storm school are ice shark, ice kraken, and icezilla. kingsisle should really change this so ice can't use mutates of storm spells.

- john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 23 adept necromancer

Delver
Sep 22, 2010

forgive me for this comment..........

AWWW Is Someone Getting there butt kicked....

i get by just fine the way things are they can't make the game so easy that you finish it in a day...Keep chugging along you'll get the key to beating them...
Good Luck in your adventures....

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
avhop567 wrote:
hello, i just wanted to say that when you get to celestia and wintertusk, ice becomes too over powering! the reason ice is over powering is because they use mutate spells from the storm school which gives them more power which isn't fair at all, like really ice should have moderate damage not using mutates from the storm school to give them more damage then they should have. then when they do all that damage you have too heal and can't attack much. some spells that are mutates from the storm school are ice shark, ice kraken, and icezilla. kingsisle should really change this so ice can't use mutates of storm spells.

I am a legendary Ice, and I don't see what the problem is. Each scool has their advantages. Storm has theirs, they get high critical rating and damage. All schools are pretty much equal.

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Ice

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
dragonpower333 wrote:

i get by just fine the way things are they can't make the game so easy that you finish it in a day...Keep chugging along you'll get the key to beating them...

if ice didn't have mutates from the storm school to give it more power, it would be easier to do. my point is that the ice school should only use spells from their school, not using storm school mutates to give them more power.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011

...my point is that the ice school should only use spells from their school, not using storm school mutates to give them more power.

By your logic then, only the life school would have healing spells.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
avhop567 wrote:
dragonpower333 wrote:

if ice didn't have mutates from the storm school to give it more power, it would be easier to do. my point is that the ice school should only use spells from their school, not using storm school mutates to give them more power.

We use these because some of our attacks are fairly LOW. And every wizard has a right to choose what cards they want, and don't want. Ice is fine how it is. :/

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Ice

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
ICEisBROKENXD wrote:
avhop567 wrote:

I am a legendary Ice, and I don't see what the problem is. Each scool has their advantages. Storm has theirs, they get high critical rating and damage. All schools are pretty much equal.

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Ice

you don't get it. i'm not talking about the storm school being too powerful i meant the mutates that ice uses from the the storm school to make it more powerful and also what i mean is that ice shouldn't use mutates of spells from the storm school and should only use ice school spells.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
ICEisBROKENXD wrote:
avhop567 wrote:
dragonpower333 wrote:

We use these because some of our attacks are fairly LOW. And every wizard has a right to choose what cards they want, and don't want. Ice is fine how it is. :/

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Ice

ice wizards don't get to use mutates for there spells only creatures use mutates.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
HooVooLoo wrote:

...my point is that the ice school should only use spells from their school, not using storm school mutates to give them more power.

omg how many times do i say this, the ice school should only use spells from the ice school because it's already hard when ice creatures get critical and also they have tower shields( which are also annoying). also this has nothing to with the life school.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
avhop567 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

omg how many times do i say this, the ice school should only use spells from the ice school because it's already hard when ice creatures get critical and also they have tower shields( which are also annoying). also this has nothing to with the life school.

its just those "smart" peoples fail attempt on comparison. dont be annoyed by them

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Trust me Avhop567, narrow-minded obliviousness seems to prevent those certain people from understanding what you are talking about.

And trust me on this as well. I already brought up the subject of mutates. You are wasting your breath and your finger muscles. KingsIsle will not do anything about it.

I agree with you, nevertheless. Each school should only be using spells from that school.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
avhop567 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

I see his logic you said ice should only use ice spells by that logic you're saying that ice shouldn't use any life healing spells because that also makes them harder to kill which only leaves the healing spells to the life school exclusively

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
alright every one i just wanted to say ice can have spells from other schools but really, once the ice creatures have an ice blade and a trap they could use colossus instead of ice zillia or ice kraken. the fire school also has a problem of using mutates from the storm school as well and fire is already a powerful school of magic. anyway, ice creatures half of the time use ice zilla and ice kraken instead colossus which i think is unfair. if ice needs more power, then use the oppsite school of them and in this case it's fire. do you get what i'm saying now?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
"Ice is advanced and powerful, learn hard and you can master it!"
-Quote by Lydia Greyrose, Ice professor.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
avhop567 wrote:

Wow, you are fire and you are complaining about ice being overpowered?? Well, I dont really blame you, I used to think the same thing. It is hard to beat a decent ice if you dont know the correct strategy to use. I mean, ice can do pretty good damage now, and they still have their massive resist, plus with a life amulet, ice is basically a tank!...hmm...NOT REALLY.

First, let me say that I am a legendary fire wizard with rank 1203, and I can tell you that it is close to IMPOSSIBLE for ANY ice to beat me if they go second. I can even afford to tell them my strategy and there is NOTHING they can do about it. But then again, YOU need to know how to beat them. I think fire has the most chance of beating an ice, I dont really have other legends from other school, so I dont know what strategy they use, but ice is really the easiest school for a decent fire to beat.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
No. They're just using their cards as an advantage, that's what mutate cards do.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
marolin23 wrote:
avhop567 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

its just those "smart" peoples fail attempt on comparison. dont be annoyed by them

thanks for telling me that

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Trust me Avhop567, narrow-minded obliviousness seems to prevent those certain people from understanding what you are talking about.

And trust me on this as well. I already brought up the subject of mutates. You are wasting your breath and your finger muscles. KingsIsle will not do anything about it.

I agree with you, nevertheless. Each school should only be using spells from that school.
\
you have been one of the first people to agree with me.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
arkansas99 wrote:
avhop567 wrote:
HooVooLoo wrote:

I see his logic you said ice should only use ice spells by that logic you're saying that ice shouldn't use any life healing spells because that also makes them harder to kill which only leaves the healing spells to the life school exclusively

i don't care if they use healing spells i just mean it's unfair that they use mutates of storm school spells

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Well there is a lot of fire in the worlds there are a lot in krok and wc not a lot in wt almost every boss in wt is snow. In celestia i think minions resist a little too much too.

Michael Darkfinder - Lvl 60 pyromancer

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I think most people that posted on here has missed the point of the OP. They are not saying the Ice School is overpowered. They are not talking about Ice in PvP. They are talking about Ice enemies in PvE.

I would say yes, KI went a little overboard on them. I can understand them wanting to make ice have stronger attacks for the challenge, but what they did was give them STORM style attacks along with ICE health and ICE shielding. All three combined is a little too much. The could lessen the amounts of mutates, tower shield spamming, or health, and still have a challenge there.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
avhop567 wrote:

lol... obviously you aren't aware that once ice mutates their resistances vanish making them very vulnerable to attack... being able to mutate as a low to mid level player may give huge advantages but mutating as a high level player simply makes me think the person hasn't a clue how to play, lol

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
That is a huge contradiction name one person that is a strong legendary or just a good player that hasn't been trained in tower shield.

I honestly can't stand reading these kind of messages, I am Ice and I made a balance strictly because i learned the hard way how bad ice is lol. Our resistance has been cut due to complaints like this and just drag the ice school down even more. They always use the excuse "well you guys get the most health" Health doesn't do much anymore, if a storm criticals a leviathan that does like 6k damage, i'm still KOed either way, just being ice is good because you get the warm feeling inside that it wasn't as bad as an over kill as it could have been.

Consider this ice used to be cool because it was the only school that had unviersal resistance in it's school gear, do you see that anymore, nope. Every school now has the ability to get what used to be the reason people played ice, Ice is the sad story on how complaint messages of people who do not prepare themsevles can completely ruin a whole school for the people that play it, I'm afraid ice has lost its uniqueness as a school, but I still hope that maybe one patch they might cut the ice school some slack.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Are you kidding me?! Whatever school you are, you most likely have mutate spells as well. Is it fair to let the other schools use those and not ice?! And when I made my ice character, I constantly needed help, and my STORM character soloed almost all of everything!! Don't pick on ice! And don't fire people mutate phoenixes to storm phoenix?

Diana BlurThorn, level 60 ICE wizard

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
That is a huge contradiction name one person that is a strong legendary or just a good player that hasn't been trained in tower shield.

I honestly can't stand reading these kind of messages, I am Ice and I made a balance strictly because i learned the hard way how bad ice is lol. Our resistance has been cut due to complaints like this and just drag the ice school down even more. They always use the excuse "well you guys get the most health" Health doesn't do much anymore, if a storm criticals a leviathan that does like 6k damage, i'm still KOed either way, just being ice is good because you get the warm feeling inside that it wasn't as bad as an over kill as it could have been.

Consider this ice used to be cool because it was the only school that had unviersal resistance in it's school gear, do you see that anymore, nope. Every school now has the ability to get what used to be the reason people played ice, Ice is the sad story on how complaint messages of people who do not prepare themsevles can completely ruin a whole school for the people that play it, I'm afraid ice has lost its uniqueness as a school, but I still hope that maybe one patch they might cut the ice school some slack.

alright for the HUNDRETH time i'm not saying ice wizards and ice creatures can't have spells from other schools i'm saying creatures the storm school's powers by using mutates from the storm school. if the ice school needs more power use opposite school of ice which in this case it's fire to give the ice school more power.