Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP new spell suggestion: Switch Position

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2011
Hello! I'm Valkoor EarthHammer lvl 60 balance. I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think it would be much fairer with an addition of a spell which may I call it "switch position".

I'm suggesting that you can cast a spell where in you can switch the position you are into(offense to defense/ defense to offense). I've been playing PVP and I reached commander level, but, as I ranked up I notice, that if I go second or on the defensive side, It is much harder to be on that position especially if your opponent can cast over time damage spells and dispels leaving you with not much options.

To make this more fair, I think the option to switch the position while dueling would be a great addition and make PvP more brain challenging and increases fairness to all, but for 1v1 only.

Say make the switch spell a sun spell that costs 4 pips to cast, and once you cast it, both players will not receive pip for that round and like start over again with the current pips they have. And of course you can switch it back too but only in a couple of rounds.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
People have talking about doing this before, but everyone would just spam that spell to get to be first or "offensive" and because of this i doubt anyone would give up, and PvPs would just be a battle of who gets first turn. I think KI understands if you have first turn you have an advantage, but it evens itself out because eventually you will get to go first and you may win because of that. So I think it is pretty fair, well as much as it can be.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
For who goes first or second, I think it should affect points too. If you win from going first, you earn points but like only 10 perhaps because you were first and you had an advantage. If you went from going second, that shows you have skill. So, I think you should get more points from winning if you go second because of skill you used. But luck will also affect this solution. If you win just by a lucky insane bolt or such, it would then mess up points and position and some matter. But to fix this issue of going first, points could be determined a by how a wizard battles.
Making a spell for it, would just make people who go second spam the spell and keep going first. It would make pvp into a position war.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
PvP Warlord
Liberator of the Helephant

Survivor
May 09, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
People have talking about doing this before, but everyone would just spam that spell to get to be first or "offensive" and because of this i doubt anyone would give up, and PvPs would just be a battle of who gets first turn. I think KI understands if you have first turn you have an advantage, but it evens itself out because eventually you will get to go first and you may win because of that. So I think it is pretty fair, well as much as it can be.

How can you spam a spell that costs 4 normal pips? I suggest this to be a sun school spell so there would no advantage on using power pips for all schools. You might think twice before you want to cast this if ever this is granted. Or even make this new spell 5 pips to cast.

And I say this would be much fairer if this spell is granted. I'm not saying its unfair. I've been winning duels too if I go second. I'm just suggesting to add up a challenge.