Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not Happy!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Dear Kingsisle and anyone else reading this,

I am not happy right now! I just worked through the majority of Big Ben. It took me two hours. I was on a very high floor, when I died. Now, normally this isn't an issue because there is a half an hour grace period in which I can heal and fill up mana. So I was returning to Big Ben. I got on the sigil, but someone else got on at the same time. I thought to myself, "Cool, now someone can help me with Meowiarty on the final level." When the countdown came to zero, we went in. Then I discovered that the dungeon had reset, even though it had only been about five minutes. I realized that it was because i had a partner, so I left right away. I went back into Big Ben alone, but it had reset. Now I need to redo the entire Big Ben, another two hours, maybe even more. Please fix this issue, as I am not happy that I need to spend more time playing this game.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Hunter ThunderDust Level 47 Fire
Chris DeathSword Level 32 Life
Patrick StarCatcher Level 28 Balance
Luke SkyWalker Level 23 Storm
Hunter Level 23 Myth

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That's how it works. If you're defeated, you have to go back in alone. If somebody else goes in with you, the instance will reset.

In many instances (dungeons), you can get around this by setting a teleport mark inside (some instances, such as Waterworks, won't let you set a teleport mark inside). Then if you're defeated, flee battle, or teleport out, you can teleport back in and continue.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Tough break. Yes, you have to reenter the dungeon alone or the instance will reset and be lost.
I would suggest that you get some help before trying it again. I don't know where you died the first time, but there are 15 floors in Big Ben. The final boss battle with Meowiarty is hard for a wizard at your level and you will have a much better chance of success if you have some help.

Good Luck and hang in there. :)

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Get a good team of 3 or 4 wizards, so that way if you are defeated you just teleport to your friend! Plus they may even be able to heal you before the battle is over so you can last until a room with health wisps.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Have you herd what the bad guys said? "If you leave the dunegon, it will be resetted" Just giving some advice

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
njboy9 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle and anyone else reading this,

I am not happy right now! I just worked through the majority of Big Ben. It took me two hours. I was on a very high floor, when I died. Now, normally this isn't an issue because there is a half an hour grace period in which I can heal and fill up mana. So I was returning to Big Ben. I got on the sigil, but someone else got on at the same time. I thought to myself, "Cool, now someone can help me with Meowiarty on the final level." When the countdown came to zero, we went in. Then I discovered that the dungeon had reset, even though it had only been about five minutes. I realized that it was because i had a partner, so I left right away. I went back into Big Ben alone, but it had reset. Now I need to redo the entire Big Ben, another two hours, maybe even more. Please fix this issue, as I am not happy that I need to spend more time playing this game.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Hunter ThunderDust Level 47 Fire
Chris DeathSword Level 32 Life
Patrick StarCatcher Level 28 Balance
Luke SkyWalker Level 23 Storm
Hunter Level 23 Myth

I never really experienced that with another dungeon, Kensington Park. When i dies, i would play a game, fill my potion, use it, and go back, But when a person got on the sigil with me, i went back into my previous dungeon, and he was nowhere to be found.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
ki seems to have patched it a bit so that if you have a current dugeon going you end up alone when some one tries to jump on in the last second