Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Almost there!!! :D

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I'm happy but sad at the same time. I'm almost in Dragonspyre but Mooshu is getting a litlle difficult for me. I mean like I can't really fight the bosses alone and I don't really like getting into the battles there. If I'm having trouble in Mooshu will I have a lot more trouble in Dragonspyre? I'm sure I will and I'm only lvl 36 should I be afraid of not being able to finish the game?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Dragonspyre is generally considered a bit harder than Mooshu. The best advice is to quest with other players so you have help.

There are ways to strengthen you wizard.
When you get to level 40 make sure you get the best gear you can find/afford. What to focus on will depend on your primary school but you always want a ring and athame with the highest health. Some rings at this level start to offer a good Power Pip bonus so look at those.
At level 40 you can buy/find a sword (Although rare) that gives a bonus power pip. You can farm the Jade Oni for one of these swords.

Buy and use extra damage cards (Tough, Strong, Giant, Monstrous) at the bazaar. You can buy Tough cards at the WC library if nothing else is available.
Use you Charms/buffs. Blades first and traps when necessary. The extra damage multiplier is better than multiple attacks.

Good luck.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It depends on where you are in Mooshu. If you're level 36 and almost done with Mooshu (meaning somewhere around the Village of Sorrow or Tree of Life)), then yes, you should be afraid of being able to finish the game, because you've skipped side quests and are about 5-6 levels too low.

If so, go back and do all of the side quests that you skipped in Mooshu, Marleybone, Krokotopia, and Wizard City, including Colossus Boulevard if you didn't do that street. The experience will get you levels, gold, and equipment that will help as you progress. Of course, you can struggle on without that, but you're going to be underpowered at every turn. It will go much faster in the long run if you go back and do the side quests now.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Busymk wrote:
I'm happy but sad at the same time. I'm almost in Dragonspyre but Mooshu is getting a litlle difficult for me. I mean like I can't really fight the bosses alone and I don't really like getting into the battles there. If I'm having trouble in Mooshu will I have a lot more trouble in Dragonspyre? I'm sure I will and I'm only lvl 36 should I be afraid of not being able to finish the game?
YES!! I am still scared of the jade oni and i am a legend

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Short answer: Go back, working from Wizard City forward, and do all of the side quests that you've skipped. You're going to have to do that eventually if you want to keep progressing, because if you skip side quests, you'll be finishing Dragonspyre at about level 44, and Celestia requires at least level 48. Since you'll have to do the side quests anyway, you might as well go back and do them now, so you get all the experience and levels to make things easier as you go forward.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
scotttttttttt wrote:
YES!! I am still scared of the jade oni and i am a legend
XD even though he is a pretty tough boss( harder than malistare considering the lvl you have to fight them)