Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crtitcal and blocks info for confused people

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
for you wizards that are new to the critical and critical blocks and are slightly confused, read this and you might be less confused. First about critical and block ratings. the numbers are not percents here, they are ratings, and normally around 140 is close to about a 45% critical chance, but i can't say that is perfectly accurate. also i have noticed that the lower rank the spell is, the higher chance you have of getting a critical. when you get a critical, you get a 100% boost to the spell you casted, but not all spells can be criticaled. most attacks and heals can critical, but blades and other charms and wards can not. there are also some specialty spells that can not be criticaled.
blocks stop critcalls. if you block something it means that the spell casted at you criticalled, but you stopped the critical and the 100% boost is lost. healing critcals can not be stopped. when fighting monsters, it is a lot easier to get a block from what i have seen, in pvp the block is less effective so that criticals can get past in my opinion and make battles more interesting. also as you go along in the worlds some bosses DO have a perfect block and yes it is annoying, but it is supposed to be there. with monsters around a 35 block is almost perfect from what i have seen, and in pvp around a 70 is a 50% chance of block but i have not gotten much proof of that because i try to avoid pvp, too cheap with the crowns and the pvp only clothes. i only go for the tickets. i hope this has helped all the wizards that have read this and were confused about the criticals and blocks. feel free to comment :)

Ethan Lifebringer,
Legendary life

Champion
May 03, 2011
Thanks for that detailed explanation--the critical/block thing still mystifies me a lot. Oh, and I love the title of your post! :D

Tabitha (occasionally confused player)

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Thanks for that detailed explanation--the critical/block thing still mystifies me a lot. Oh, and I love the title of your post! :D

i was just as confused as you at one point so i decided to make this because i felt that it should be explained to new people better

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3cosmokitten wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

i was just as confused as you at one point so i decided to make this because i felt that it should be explained to new people better

Me too! I had no idea how criticals worked, except that I could cast them, block them, and occasionally heal with them. Now, my only question is, why do my heals critical more often than any of my attacks do? I mean, I could understand if I was Life, but I'm a legendary Balance, so it seems a little odd. Is there a reason for this, or do spells critical at random, regardless of whether they are attacks or heals? If anyone can answer this, it would be much-appreciated.

Happy travels,

L.S.
Master of Balance

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
3cosmokitten wrote:
tabby714 wrote:

Me too! I had no idea how criticals worked, except that I could cast them, block them, and occasionally heal with them. Now, my only question is, why do my heals critical more often than any of my attacks do? I mean, I could understand if I was Life, but I'm a legendary Balance, so it seems a little odd. Is there a reason for this, or do spells critical at random, regardless of whether they are attacks or heals? If anyone can answer this, it would be much-appreciated.

Happy travels,

L.S.
Master of Balance

well there can be to reasons for that.
this goes along with the lower the thank, the higher chance of critical if they are balance spells you are using, but if they are life it could be that your base critical is very high and again the lower the rank, the higher the chance,

i am sorry but i lose my subscription this morning and i can not respond to any more posts, but if anyone looks at these posts and know the answer to any question asked please try to help them, i would appreciative it. good luck with school everybody! maybe i can convince my mom i can put my subscription back on once i am stable in school...