Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
i am a storm wizard so i thought random was pretty easy, however chester droors was impossible. I finally had to ask my brother for help since he is death.

-Destiny Thunderblade lvl. 32

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
You need to put a shield. Any. If you don't, he's
Just going to use the vampire.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
I feel your pain. he is hard (especially for life). Why do we have to solo it? Ask a question like that and people will say "Its a tornament". Even though he is hard, I know. I heard of a life that finished him at lvl 95. See ya in the spiral
if you wanna meet we can set up a place

Autumn Summerstone lvl 31

Honorable Bronze Archon

Be Cool, Stay Cool, That's The Way Life Goes...

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I didn't even notice him cheating. I went through Wysteria as a level 30 balance wizard. Randolf went down to my first attack, a judgement.

For all the repeated messages warning me "wysteria wizards cheat", the only cheating opponent I even noticed was Droors, probobly because of his constantly repeating "did you forget all your traps?" Droors had me down to maybe 20% of my hit points, but I still beat him first try.

Maybe its just the awesomeness of the judgement spell. Its a great spell, but makes balance rather boring, because it is so much more effective than anything else balance has for a long time. I rarely put any other attack in my deck.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I didn't even notice him cheating. I went through Wysteria as a level 30 balance wizard. Randolf went down to my first attack, a judgement.

For all the repeated messages warning me "wysteria wizards cheat", the only cheating opponent I even noticed was Droors, probobly because of his constantly repeating "did you forget all your traps?" Droors had me down to maybe 20% of my hit points, but I still beat him first try.

Maybe its just the awesomeness of the judgement spell. Its a great spell, but makes balance rather boring, because it is so much more effective than anything else balance has for a long time. I rarely put any other attack in my deck.
Storm is the same with tempest.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2013
just attack over and over again with your strongest spells after saving enough pips to attack round after round (this is good if you dont want to have to use treasure cards) I beat him pretty easily at level 25 or so. add me if you need help anywhere

~Ashley DarkRider

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I got him in one hit using centaur!

I used spiritual blade, life blade, and life trap and it's a one hit KO! I don't know about other schools, but good luck if you haven't gotten him already!

Christina Level 54

Taylor Level 14

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
it took me about 2 or 3 trys but in the end i healed myself 1 or 2 times and i just used strong moves so if he heals i just hit him with a another strong move again eventually he wont cheat for 1 or 2 rounds.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
For all fire wizards... If you are level 28 go to that place in kroksphinx which looks like that rank 3 balance spell thing. then go in talk to that old guy and learn immolate to beat randolf. if you have my stats which is the following... 22 fire resist and 11 fire damage. then you could use a fire bubble and regular fire blade and beat randolf. Angel Level 28

Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
And btw randolf was a breeze for me beat him first try I was level 28 at the time

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
I thought that R pig was too hard too but i'll tell whoever wonders how that the key to defeating him is to shield yourself that's right its all you got to do

Survivor
Feb 01, 2014
JeanBean325 on Oct 20, 2011 wrote:
If you are a high level myth and have trouble with this, heres my advice. Go to The Floating Land and grab a card of Cat Bandit Polymorph. Use it in the duel with Randolf and use tempest with trap and bade. Make sure you have a high critical rating, and have a ton of pips. Using tempest like this makes you invulnerable!
I am myth level 29 i can not beat him

Survivor
May 17, 2011
When I was doing Wysteria, I personally thought Randolf was easy. You have to use A LOT of traps and blades. Then your strongest spell.

-Good Luck!
Melissa Stardust
Storm Wizard
Lvl. 39

Explorer
May 10, 2011
This does annoy me too when I was finishing Wysteria, but are you doing it by yourself?
You should get high leveled friends like 30, 40 etc. to defeat Randolf.
His cheats are annoying too.
Just get some friends, you will probably beat him.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Wait, you cant do it with friends? If so you can get some treasure cards, and atleast try to defeat him.
Keep trying, dont give up.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
I finally beat him once I realized the pattern!!

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
Oran of Urz on Aug 24, 2011 wrote:
Try being a 26 Myth wizard against him!!! That's hard. However, after about 7 attempts I was able to defeat him (changing strategy a little bit each defeat).
i was like you i just bought a storm trap tc a triton tc and one hit kill boom!

Blaze FireSword lvl 67

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
nniihariikaa on Aug 23, 2011 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
You need to one shot him by buffing a lot of shields, every time you hit him he'll use vampire. But if you get him on super low health, you have a death resistance on, you can take it from there.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I was levle 26 at the time i defeated Randolf, for me, it was a breeze.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
I deleted my level 40 character,and I need to unlock wysteria,but for the bosses like this guy,ill use a death shield,then use some tc to buff my cards.it might take you some time to do it,but I managed to beat that guy one my second try.i am a level 24 guy. BLAZE DEATHHAMMER

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Personally, he wasn't that hard. Even back when ol' Marcus was 25 he still found Randolf Spellshine a turkey shot. I never really struggled with him so idk what to say.

Marcus crafter, lvl 74

Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
wow... I know what to do buy lots of storm tresaue cards then use them on him! ps. that's what i did and it worked! MaryDaisyHeart level 43 wizard

Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
He was so easy. I'm a level 33 balance and it was easy. The Earth school teacher however was harder, since he had 2 minions.

Survivor
May 27, 2014
Th key to Randolf is that he only attacks when you do. Even with the cheats, if you use a small deck filled only with very powerful spells and healing (no flashes, imps, scorpions or dark fairies), then pass each round that you are not either healing or throwing something powerful -- you will beat him in very short order, with few rounds. He will simply put up shields when you pass, even if you are healing. Then, your powerful spells overcome them.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I say to try to defeat him first try, bring a friend. I always bring my ice friend, because ice wizards have the highest natural health of all schools, with fairly powerful attacks and decent accuracy. I'm a life wizard, so what we do is she goes first (to the sun spot) so she takes most damage and I heal her if needed. We have never been defeated using this strategy. Plus, doing quests together levels us up like crazy! (She is a few levels below me and trying to catch up). Hope this helps!

-Molly EmeraldSong, Theurgist