Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
I agree, he's a nightmare. My sorcerer (who was legendary when Wysteria was released) and necromancer had no issues with him, but my poor Life wiz had to try twice to complete the instance. I guess what I don't understand is that he steals any shields we put up, and then we're penalized for not having them. He even stole my spirit armour, and I was steamed.

If you want advice on how to beat him, let me know what school you are and we'll go from there.

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Tavia
archmage sorceress/magus theurgist
I need to defeat him and my school is Life.

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer level 42 Life Wizard

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Puppylove1021 wrote:
I need to defeat him and my school is Life.

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer level 42 Life Wizard
I can help if you want, he shouldn't be too hard. Do you have centaur yet? If so, Shield (Legend shield works well) then trap, Lifeblade, and cast your most powerful spell, centaur if you can. This worked for me, but I was too high a level because I had so much trouble with Chester Droors. Hope this helps! Good luck!

If you want help, ask.

-- Vanessa OwlBreeze, level 55

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
At first I didn't understand it all my blades and Shields where like - poof and the dial for who's turn it was was like going back in forth so fast I was like um isn't it my turn? Then I saw randolf so some spell thing then it would twist around and sure enough it was his turn. Being a storm is good for beating him ~ strong blades good shields strong attacks and so on I just put his candle out with a simple kraken spell with one storm blade and storm trap kinda thing on him then bam - 900 damage clean he was out like a light so if your heading in at a lower level such as 26-27-28 -lower for me lvl 31- just simply grab some blades traps and strong attacks and your set ^_^ ~ scarlet stormblossem lvl 31 Hyde park

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
Oran of Urz on Aug 24, 2011 wrote:
Try being a 26 Myth wizard against him!!! That's hard. However, after about 7 attempts I was able to defeat him (changing strategy a little bit each defeat).
I was lvl 26 also and killed him in one spell it was hilarious, just buy storm traps and stormblades, or just use myth prisms, and your sure to win.

Tavia WyrmPyre Magus

Survivor
May 05, 2012
You can't use shields. One of his cheats is to shatter shields.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Ok guys. Yes, Randolf Spellshine cheats and isn't very easy. But you don't need to spend money for dumb treasure cards. I figured out a good plan for every school. Here are my plans.

All schools: Put a shield on before attacking. Remember, if you can beat the pagoda's ninja pig, Randolf is a little easier to beat because they both use the same tricks.

: Ok. I think if you are myth, Randolf is a joke. By now, you should have myth prism spell. Cast it on him and use traps, blades, etc. then attack with a strong myth spell. Then, it will turn into storm.

: Randolf is easy for storm, but bring accuracy spells like keen eyes, etc.

: You might know ice armor spell by now. Use it and use tower as well and attack with ice wyvern and if you have some good blades and traps, he is gone.

: Fire is ok because it has decent attack spells. Put on shields and then use fire elf on him. Then when you can, use something like phoniex and helephant.

: My plan for life, shield, trap, blade, attack, heal. Repeat this until he is gone or you lose. The spell seraph is good for this.

: Death does good. Many will belive pirate works good. Use this once you have traps and blades.

: As for balance, use traps and blades and then use something like sandstorm or locust swarm.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
starlight99 wrote:
Not to brag or anything but I killed him on my 49 balance he was easy as pie. 8)

Life rules you can hate but i know your gonna need me sometimes
Amber DawnCloud Legendary Life
Michael HexStone Grandmaster Death
Amy Dust 49 Almost Grandmaster Balance
Kimberly Rainbowmaker Novice Storm
you did him on lvl forty nine? he was easy as pie on lvl twenty six, that is when I did him

Balance rules there is no balance shield we attack with pride
Keira Breeze 77 transcendent balance

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Guys I have a tip. Just buy treasure card strangles (Death Dispels), and with 2 or 3 strangles you can attack 2 (If you can do 500 damage each hit) or 3 (Advised for life wizards but I would blade up for 1 or 2 hits) times and kill him.
Cole CrowWrath, Master Sorcerer (I did this at level 25 or 26)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
wow really he was too easy for me I beat him with my first try. I didn't even use shields WOW

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
i pwned him with an ice trap, an ice wyvern and an 85 point wand spell

Hailey Mistriver level 27

Survivor
Jan 14, 2013
laulenak on Sep 7, 2011 wrote:
to beat him even if you level twenty (i beat him at that level lol) first, you will need the stormzilla treasure card. then some storm accuracy boosting clothes (and spells if you can find them) then go beat him. use your accuracy spells first, then cast the card at the terrible pig dude . if it fizzles flee, then get better accuracy clothes and spells and go try again. the storm lord spell is ok too, but i dont recomend it cuz it to high in pips
The only problem with that is if you are not in the storm school you will not be able to wear storm clothing. I agree he is very hard to beat. My card deck just plain sucks and I don't know how everyone else has such great deck of cards. I have great cards just can't use them when I need them. I either don't have enough pips or fizzle out.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2013
mawilee on Jun 16, 2012 wrote:
I agree with what the others said; You should just defeat him in one hit. I recommend the storm card Insane Bolt, which does 1100+ damage to the target you're trying to defeat on. It also just costs 2 pips; If you have any equipment that gets you an extra pip at the start of the battle, all you need to do is to draw the card, use it on Randolf, and you're done with the battle in just one round. The card costs 2000 gold in the bazaar though, so make sure you have the required gold to buy it.
Thank you so much for the information. I got the card and it took awhile till I was able to draw the card but it worked. For anyone who wants to defeat Randolf easy just listen to Sheildacube.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
i defeated him on a balance that was my cousins. he is easy! i just did either kraken or spectral blast. that killed him easily and i killed him first try.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
get henchmen thats what i did and it was a breeze hoped this helped

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
he beat me until level 41. embarrassing, right? yeah, that kind of face embarrassing. level 43 Roslyn night coin. :) I can't delete her she is level 43 right now! how can you change the night coin part without having to start all over??!!?

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
randolf was EASY! sure he did vampire and ( at the time) some star spell that took me by surprise but come on. o btw he did vampire when i didnt attack yet so ha. i just survived and followed the words on the screen
" you wont last long without shields" anyway ya that was it
tyler earthsword level 56

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
nniihariikaa on Aug 23, 2011 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
Funny you say this... On my fire wizard (first one) it took me FOREVER to defeat him, but on my life wizard (second one) I killed him the 1st time xD, he is too easy in my opinion as he is introducing you to the cheating bosses later in the game

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
Really? I've never lost to him...
Just blade up & put traps on him. Use a spell that's powerful enough, so considering your ice I'd strongly suggest the Ice Wyvern. (or something like that, never played an ice wizard in all honesty).

He's super easy.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
yea, you have no idea about later bosses. there is one tower in wc I still can't beat solo and no friends can help but enough said, just wait and hope for luck

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I beat him as a level 26 fire. I used Wyldfire, a fire blade, and immolate. I then quickly took him down with link and my wand attacks. And of course, I used pixie a few times to heal. So basically, hit him hard, heal when you know you need it, and after the big attack use low-pip spells to defeat him. If it still does t work, try bringing a friend.

- Isaac Goldenriver, level 26

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
You guys are not seeing whats in front of you. You see, the people you are facing are also students, so you have to remember that they can heal, just like you! But the only thing that Randolf will cheat at is either one of these.
-skipping your turn, to break your shield, or waste a "-25%"
-Skipping your turn to heal himself
-and using a trap, and then using a strong spell in one turn.
But what I meant was, the only way you can defeat him is to use shields, which is what he'll say about every time he uses a spell. His most usage spell is the Vampire, so now you know to use a death shield. I hope this advice helped! Remember, you can get a death shield from either school, or school.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
laulenak on Sep 7, 2011 wrote:
to beat him even if you level twenty (i beat him at that level lol) first, you will need the stormzilla treasure card. then some storm accuracy boosting clothes (and spells if you can find them) then go beat him. use your accuracy spells first, then cast the card at the terrible pig dude . if it fizzles flee, then get better accuracy clothes and spells and go try again. the storm lord spell is ok too, but i dont recomend it cuz it to high in pips
liar. it is impossible to beat him at level twenty, because you do not get access to wysteria until 25. if you ported to a friend, it does not count.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I beat him on my first try with over 1,000 health left. SUPER easy.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
nniihariikaa on Aug 23, 2011 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
i fought him with 2 different wizards, with my fire wizard i had trouble. but with my myth wizard, it was very easy! (makes no sense)

I was able to defeat him easily with stormzilla. (my myth's secondary school is storm) just shield yourself heavily and when you have gained enough pips, hit him.

His cheat is if you don't have any shields, he will vamp you. If you do have shields, he will remove them every two rounds. (then depending on if he goes before you get shields, he still vamps you. so pray you get to go first)

if you don't have stormzilla or any spells that can get him in one hit, go to the bazaar. they have plenty of cool spells no one else wants.

Also, make sure you have healing, it helps.