Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
angelgirln10 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
maybe you should try to use minions or level up and try to defeat him thats what i did and i am a myth :)
adam battleblade
now level 60 myth
zafaria

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
So I'm scanning through the Wysteria forums and I realize most people are complaining how hard Randolf is. Personally, I had no problem with him, but I realize others may be. So I'm putting together a little help-thingermajiggy for you all to read.

Randolf likes the spell Vampire, and the spell Shatter. Shatter takes off all your shields. He casts shatter every other round. So if he casts it one round, your next round you can shield. The big thing with him is having patience and waiting until he doesn't shatter.
If he goes first, you can have him shatter you first then put a shield on. Next turn, you can attack.
If you're going first, stack up with traps and blades. Do not use a wand spell on him! Let him shatter you, cast a shield, then use the free turn to attack. You should be able to one-hit him.
Remember, if you attack him without a shield he hits you with Vampire.
...I hope this helps some of you!

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
poseygirlolive wrote:
So I'm scanning through the Wysteria forums and I realize most people are complaining how hard Randolf is. Personally, I had no problem with him, but I realize others may be. So I'm putting together a little help-thingermajiggy for you all to read.

Randolf likes the spell Vampire, and the spell Shatter. Shatter takes off all your shields. He casts shatter every other round. So if he casts it one round, your next round you can shield. The big thing with him is having patience and waiting until he doesn't shatter.
If he goes first, you can have him shatter you first then put a shield on. Next turn, you can attack.
If you're going first, stack up with traps and blades. Do not use a wand spell on him! Let him shatter you, cast a shield, then use the free turn to attack. You should be able to one-hit him.
Remember, if you attack him without a shield he hits you with Vampire.
...I hope this helps some of you!

I read all of this and basically your saying to let him take your tower shield or something and attack then but what if he doesn't follow that and only did it for you that isn't his cheat i think so thats not helpfull just attack like crazy is what i say.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Snintyeight wrote:
If you summon a minion, he'll direct his shatters and vampires to it.
i think you should buy a skeletal pirate treasure card those can shatter him to defeated. hope my advice helped

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
I think the easiest way to defeat him is the skeletal pirate.you see,the skeletal pirate has a lot of attack for randolf. and also you will see that the spell can defeat him cause of its attack points are higher than his health. so that might work. and there is a chance of no fizzling. hope it helps! signing out james legendsword! :D

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
i think the best way to defeat Randolf is my favorite spell, skeletal pirate.you should buy one at the library before you duel him if you don't have the card.it has attack that will finish him in a flash of a eye.it also has a high chance of not fizzling,so i hope this will be helpful. James Legendsword

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
it took me six times to get rid of him all i did traps, hit, heal ,trap ,hit and heal

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
jason361611 wrote:
i think the best way to defeat Randolf is my favorite spell, skeletal pirate.you should buy one at the library before you duel him if you don't have the card.it has attack that will finish him in a flash of a eye.it also has a high chance of not fizzling,so i hope this will be helpful. James Legendsword
I think the easiest way to defeat him is the skeletal pirate.you see,the skeletal pirate has a lot of attack for randolf. and also you will see that the spell can defeat him cause of its attack points are higher than his health. so that might work. and there is a chance of no fizzling. hope it helps! signing out james legendsword! :D

So what your saying is that Death school can defeat him really easily? Great, my Death is nearly there!

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
jason361611 wrote:

lol this is gonna be easy for my lv 18 death cause death gets that at lv 22.
i can just spirit blade, death blade, and trap him and then BAM! no more randolf the obnoxious snob.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I had the same problem until I read these posts and got some ideas. I just did nothing until my pips reached 6, no shields they are useless, and since I am myth school my spells were useless. My secondary is death school so when I had 6 pips I threw feint at him which adds 70% to my next spell then used skeletal pirate and got him with one shot.

Defender
May 22, 2011
well after getting defeated a few times ( fine at least five times ) i finally decided to bring in a henchmen. it was borasco ( i wasted most of my crowns only have seven left :( ) you see, when you hit him he start using vampire so it has to be a one hit kill ( or two rounds bcuz that is what happened to me ) i saw borasco was using triton so i used locust swarm. but i fizzled so i used sand storm and killed him.

Alexandra DreamTalon
Magus Sorcerer

P.s that was this morning

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Randolf? oh yeah i am level 30 and he cheats like a crazy man!!! like oh my goodness what will i do??? i want help like maybe a minion that kills him in a second! like he cheats he heals, does three spells in each round, he skips your turn!

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
Not to brag or insult anyone but for a level 62 randolf was REALLY easy.
So was Wysteria in a whole.

Sloan Windthistle

Explorer
May 10, 2011
U can beat him by using powerful treasure cards like kraken centaur ra also ice wyvern.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
hey there i do not even try anymore he is way to hard! he cheats so much! like he does vampire every round. he gains more then one pip each round, he heals and does every cheat! he is the ultimate cheater!

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
The answer is pretty simple. All you have to do is use lots of blades on your self and use lots of traps on randolf (especially feint because he uses a spell that takes away traps and shields) then use your strongest attack.

Level 38 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Randolf was so easy all you have to do is stock all the shields that you can and hit him with one spell!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
nniihariikaa on Aug 25, 2011 wrote:
I finally beat him 2 days ago using an ice minion and it hurt him bad he keeps using buff vampire but unforunatly to get the minion i had to fight Nimah the wicked and i used both my dryad and stormzilla treaser cards (i no i spelled it wrong)

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 32
Whenever i use a minion, it's hard for me. I'm a level 29 myth, (30 after beating him :D) I noticed when he casted troll, or cyclops, it would say "You wouldn't last long without shields," I don't know what that MEANS!
So, can you tell me what to do? Pigwat academy (Spelt it wrong :3) He keeps using vampire on me!!!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2012
Randolf is Very Very Hard. He is hard because he cheats. Well everyone should know that by now. thats how kingsisle made randolf so he would be hard.

From Chase,

Wizard:Chase DeathBringer level: 28

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Oct 17, 2012
I defeated that...cheating pig at the first try,despite being hit by 2 vampires. Myth Shield, Lifeblade,Life Trap,Seraph,pass,pass,shield,pass,pass,skeletal pirate,Lifeblade, Life Trap,pass,Seraph.
BTW i defeated him at level 27
Michael WildHeart,Level 35 Magus Life

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
If its a one hit kill you do not need to attack with a shield, obviously.