Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
If you are a high level myth and have trouble with this, heres my advice. Go to The Floating Land and grab a card of Cat Bandit Polymorph. Use it in the duel with Randolf and use tempest with trap and bade. Make sure you have a high critical rating, and have a ton of pips. Using tempest like this makes you invulnerable!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
i beat him and i see how you can be frustrated because i am a lvl 31 storm now but then i was lvl 30 it was hard when he cheated but you have to learn to heal yourself when ever possible.............. well thats how i beat him though so it shouldnt take you much longer to defeat him. :D :D :D :D

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
well i'm a level 60 storm and it was easy for me anyways. i used bladed my self right off the bat and then used triton on him and it was over. guess if you mess around it would be hard.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Here is a Small Heads up

Cheats:

1.Casts Shatter at the start of every second round as an interrupt.

2.Says, "You won't last long without Shields!" and casts a Vampire on you if you attack him without having a shield on.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
moogirl45 wrote:
Just get him in one spell.

I noticed that whenever you thought you were going to kill him, he threw a buffed vampire and a weakness at you. I eventually caught onto this (like the third of fourth time) and put a stop to it. Just throw one, fairly strong attack at him. He doesn't have much health. If vampire is giving you trouble, just get some death resist gear. He won't be healing as much.

But just try hitting him hard. As a level 29 life wizard, it wasn't that hard. "moogirl45" has got it right.

Seraph with spirit blade, life blade, and life trap did the trick. :-)

Ian Ravencaller/Ian Frostbreeze
Lvl. 54 Theurgist/Lvl. 68 Thaumaturge
Dragonspyre Master/Waterworks Warrior (6 times :x - gotta dislike the chances for gear...)
Wintertusk/Zafaria

P.S. If it doesn't cost you too much, (you should have at least the 3000 gold) but you're school's 7, 8, or 9 pip spell as a treasure card. Even your 6 pip might work.

P.S.S. Ice wyvern should do it for you. With an ice blade and ward. I don't remember what level you get ice wyvern on ice though... Haven't played mine in awhile.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
im a life and defeated it cuz storm my secondary school. maybe u might be able to defeat it if u got storm tresure cards and level up a bit and get better gear

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
try using a treasure card kraken since it does boost when fighting myth mobs

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
angelgirln10 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
a good kraken and storm trap shoud do it

Survivor
Nov 13, 2011
randolf is a cheater, there is a way to do it, stun him. he relies on cheaating so if you stun him he cant do it. then hammer him with a kraken or a storm shark with a trap

Survivor
Dec 13, 2011
Randolf is a myth school pig. Randolf is hard to beat! What I did is used my minions. I am fire school, if you are fire, make sure you use heaps of fireblades and cast phoenix. If your death, easy use beguile. I think that what its called. You can't really defeat him that easily. if you have leveled enough to get the Helephant spell, use that. Also use lots of zero pip spells, and you can earn or ask your friends for powerful treasure cards from other schools. :D Happy fighting! :D

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I beat Wysteria a long time ago, so I'm having a difficult time remembering how long it took me to beat Randolf. I'm honestly not trying to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I recall it took me one try. Even though I am Myth, defeating him was still pretty easy. Although I do recall barely surviving. Maybe I got lucky?

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
Dear Sophia DawnBreeze,
I also had the same problem. He's a cheater, for sure! But I put a couple of blades on me (my school's blade, the balance blade, +20% blade) and lots of traps (my school's trap, hex, curse) and then I used the strongest spell in my deck. It was Vampire. I wanted to give him a taste of my fury. Anyways, he died with all the blades and traps. So I suggest you should try putting a million traps on him, then a million blades on you. Use a good, strong, spell and he'll be gone in no time. :D

~Emily IceBlood Level 41 Death

Explorer
May 10, 2011
i had that before to i had to keep doing it but i uses tirton treause card and it worked so you can try that * oliva rainbowleaf 33 magus life wizard *

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
I'm having the same problem with Randolph. I have been trying for weeks to defeat him but he always defeats me. I've been going back and forth between worlds just for a break from trying to beat him. Please let me know an easy way to defeat him. I'm level 37.
BlackPanther1648

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
no he isn't, especially for a storm wizard

Mason Deathwalker
Level 45 Master Diviner

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
BlackPanther1648 wrote:
I'm having the same problem with Randolph. I have been trying for weeks to defeat him but he always defeats me. I've been going back and forth between worlds just for a break from trying to beat him. Please let me know an easy way to defeat him. I'm level 37.
BlackPanther1648

I agree, he's a nightmare. My sorcerer (who was legendary when Wysteria was released) and necromancer had no issues with him, but my poor Life wiz had to try twice to complete the instance. I guess what I don't understand is that he steals any shields we put up, and then we're penalized for not having them. He even stole my spirit armour, and I was steamed.

If you want advice on how to beat him, let me know what school you are and we'll go from there.

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Tavia
archmage sorceress/magus theurgist

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
He wasn't easy, but I did beat him in two lows. One blow from a Storm card that does 80 damage. (From Storm Blade) I also used Kraken.

I recommend getting 2 treasure cards, Kraken and Storm Blade. Use these against him and you could potentially come out alive.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
angelgirln10 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone

I tottaly have the same prob iv tryed to defete him 12 times and he just keeps on using the vampire!
once i got the most powerful treasure card i could and just before i did it he cast a storm shield and it did nothing! :(

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I agree with what the others said; You should just defeat him in one hit. I recommend the storm card Insane Bolt, which does 1100+ damage to the target you're trying to defeat on. It also just costs 2 pips; If you have any equipment that gets you an extra pip at the start of the battle, all you need to do is to draw the card, use it on Randolf, and you're done with the battle in just one round. The card costs 2000 gold in the bazaar though, so make sure you have the required gold to buy it.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
dude randolph cheats SO much! he just uses a spell that lets him go again
( gains one pip) and when he uses vampire he doesn't use his pips!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
I think Randolf Spellshine is totally unfair because he casts 2 spells every round and he does vampire when he doesn't have 3 pips!!! At first, I thought I would beat him really fast until he casts 2 spells in one round. Luckily, I beat him in two battles. :D :D :D

Luke IceBreaker
Level 33 Thamaturge (Ice)

Survivor
May 17, 2012
This forum really helped. Thanks. I had a real problem getting past Randolf but stocking up on blades, traps, and storm cards really worked awesome.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Try being a 26 Myth wizard against him!!! That's hard. However, after about 7 attempts I was able to defeat him (changing strategy a little bit each defeat).

I am a lvl 40 myth wizard and I just beat him. It was so hard, but on my other ice wizard I beat him right away. Strange right?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
hey peeps! ive been trying to defeat randolph forever but my draw button wont work! i have all my cards eqiuipped but i cant draw! help me!

level 29 life wizard
Destiny Hawkcatcher