Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Try being a 26 Myth wizard against him!!! That's hard. However, after about 7 attempts I was able to defeat him (changing strategy a little bit each defeat).

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Throw a death shield on his plate. THAT should dent his fork. If you don't have a spell that gives a death shield trained they are very cheap at the bazaar.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
I finally beat him 2 days ago using an ice minion and it hurt him bad he keeps using buff vampire but unforunatly to get the minion i had to fight Nimah the wicked and i used both my dryad and stormzilla treaser cards (i no i spelled it wrong)

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 32

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
hard for you heres a tip tip attack once and make it as big as you can

blaze legendary pyromancer

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
angelgirln10 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
prepare to stock up on storm attack treasure cards, even though i beat him without them.

-Blaze Duskstone legendary conjurer

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Hmm, was easy for level 50 Balance wizard... Maybe this says something? Maybe your level is just not high enough, what with the cheating and stuff. I'm sure you'll get it eventually, just don't use shields. (the good thing about his remove ward thing is that it also removes traps that he puts down) and buffed vampire shouldn't be too bad if you use weakness, maybe go buy some death dispels?

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
Ok heres how. get a talos minion Treasure Card (I know its a pain this is optional) Buff You And trap him. then attack with your biggest attack. Amber Nightblossom, Level 29 Storm. Aka Immortal Gal

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
He was easy for my Ice. I was only level 38 at the time. Yes, he was kind of hard, but I had high resistance. I think I knew what to do because I was starting Dragonspyre at the time, and did it on my fire wizard in the Test Realm. angelgirln10, did you have gear with resistance? Also, what's your second school? My Ice wizard's second school was Storm (even though they fizzle like crazy) I beat him without dying in the battles (I only did 1 battle). You can try buying some treasure cards from the bazaar, put them in your deck, and using them. I hope this works!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
It took me three tries to beat him, but I figured out a strategy. It worked for me... you can try it.
1. Launch your minion, if you have one. esp if your school's minion likes to throw shields--like balance. :)
2. Shield and heal. Don't have more than one round of shields at a time as Randolph will take them all at the same time.
3. Don't attack (yet). The vampire only shows up when Randolf's life is not full.
4. Save your pips as much as possible. Then after you have a lot, hit him with the hardest thing you have. A per-pip attack works well here.

Hope it helps
Katie Daywraith level 30-something balance

Defender
May 17, 2011
to beat him even if you level twenty (i beat him at that level lol) first, you will need the stormzilla treasure card. then some storm accuracy boosting clothes (and spells if you can find them) then go beat him. use your accuracy spells first, then cast the card at the terrible pig dude . if it fizzles flee, then get better accuracy clothes and spells and go try again. the storm lord spell is ok too, but i dont recomend it cuz it to high in pips

Survivor
May 09, 2011
buff yourself up as much as you can with blades and him with traps and then hit him hard

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Really? Storm bats? He is gonna cheat if you dont one hit kill. And plus that guys has like 800 health and there is only one person. I can make my wand hit more than his health!!!

Digby RainBowTail Legendary Thuergist

Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
angelgirln10 wrote:

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone

Not to brag or anything but I killed him on my 49 balance he was easy as pie. 8)

Life rules you can hate but i know your gonna need me sometimes
Amber DawnCloud Legendary Life
Michael HexStone Grandmaster Death
Amy Dust 49 Almost Grandmaster Balance
Kimberly Rainbowmaker Novice Storm

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
starlight99 wrote:

Not to brag or anything but I killed him on my 49 balance he was easy as pie. 8)

Not bragging here either, but I thought he was quite easy for a level 35 Storm Wizard. The fight was maybe 4-5 rounds.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
angelgirln10 wrote:

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone

Angel,

If you are an Ice wizard, you should be able to beat Randolf easily. Yes, he cheats, but it is possible to school him.

One of my fellow wizards was being trapped by Randolf and casting Vampire with one pip, but Randolf also cast the remove trap spell. In between the castings of trap-Vampire-remove trap is your time to strike.

Some wizards hate using their wands, but remember that Randolf uses Vampire when he is desparate.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice

P.S. If that fails, buy some Storm cards that have shark and others, since he is a Myth wizard, and Storm adds additional damage. Use treasure cards whenever you have the chance and don't like the ones you have.

Defender
May 01, 2011
he is sort of hard when i did it i was surprised i won the first time when i defeated him i had only about 50 health left because he kept using vampire like every turn.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
It's quite simple, there is no need to purchase death shields and your level has nothing to do with it.
Just tack on as many traps to Randolf as possible, plus blades on yourself. Then unleash your most powerful attackon;; you pretty much just have to defeat him with a one hit kill. If you don't, he'll just heal again with a vampire. :)

.Alexis Crow - Level 37 Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
Hint: His shield remover removes traps too. I have experienced it because I have defeated him and earned the A+ Student badge.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
angelgirln10 wrote:

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone

Randolf is hard? He only has like 1000 health! I just defeated him with normal strategy.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
It was too easy for me. But I am not complaining. I am glad I am a level 60 wizard it makes worlds like Wysteria go fast for me.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Ok dude i know what your going through.
Me too!
I just beat him like
Um
Three days ago.
First,
Have lots of health.
Seacond
Be prepared
Third