Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People that dont need help always ask for it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
Have you ever added a person that ALWAYS do that? Yesterday I had at least four people spamming my chat box with help. Two of them I KNOW that doesn't need help. One guy he always texted me for help but when I come down there he already have one or two people helping him. He always lies and say he has no one helping him (long story short I removed him yesterday). And my other friend that don't need help calls me for almost every single one of her battles (I know for a fact she can take them). Why do people like to do that? I mean I have quest to do on my own. You ever had friends that do that?

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Oh yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. I have several people that do that to my Legendary Myth all the time! Thank God for the "Mark As Away" feature! :D

I'm not trying to be mean when I do that but there are times when I want time to myself to do the things I want, to enjoy the game in my own way!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
randomspecks wrote:
Have you ever added a person that ALWAYS do that? Yesterday I had at least four people spamming my chat box with help. Two of them I KNOW that doesn't need help. One guy he always texted me for help but when I come down there he already have one or two people helping him. He always lies and say he has no one helping him (long story short I removed him yesterday). And my other friend that don't need help calls me for almost every single one of her battles (I know for a fact she can take them). Why do people like to do that? I mean I have quest to do on my own. You ever had friends that do that?
I have definitely had that happen a lot. I've ported to someone in a battle in mooshu and when i get there, there are 2 other legendaries in the battle already next to me helping the person! Those people don't last long on my lists, either. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
What I can't stand is when you walking by someone and they yell for help. You figure, "why not, lets be nice I have some time," you join their battle and then they stop playing! Or even worse they flee leaving you in three on one. That happened to me the other day.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I know how it feels to have countless people ask you for help when you're questing, farming, or helping another person. I have some really good friends who constantly ask for help. So, when they asks for help, I have to basically drop everything and port to them in a high level world. I love that I can get a little preview of the worlds and the difficulty of the street monsters and bosses, but I'm not really finishing quests and getting on with questing.

I don't mind helping anyone every once in a while, but it gets aggravating when it's every time I log on and try to finish Marleybone, and they give the lamest excuses when I need help with something! I'm really tempted to turn ports off.

Champion
May 03, 2011
Yes, this is a problem. In the last month, since I got my Myth to legend, she has been inundated with cries for help. Like all the time. These vary from help with street mobs to people standing outside the Labyrinth who expect me to spend 2 hours helping, with no notice. I certainly have helped people with dungeons, but I need some notice so I can clear the time needed. Some of the people truly do need help, and some just don't really know how to play (they heal themselves when their health drops 10%, for example), and some just want a higher-ranked player to do all the work for them. And yes, sometimes these players have like two other legends helping, which annoys the heck out of me, since I've dropped something I was doing to help them. I've come to help people in these situations and never even got to cast a spell, because some other "helper" killed everyone.

I have always been a helpful sort, so it's hard to say no or ignore these pleas (I'm learning). As it stands I end up being hidden a lot, which means that I can't interact with the people I like to see in game. :(

Of course I ask for help sometimes too. The ability to ask for and receive help is a great part of the game if some simple protocols are observed. Personally, I try to only ask for help with enemies in my own school, or bosses I can't do alone. I try to ask before the battle, not while in it if possible. If I am about to die, I just die and do it over, asking for help before I start again. I've come into many battles with people who have like 100 health left. There's not much I can do at that point, unless I get a lucky heal card. Oh, and I always, always say please and thank you. :-)

That said, I try to remember that a lot of these players are kids, dealing with their fear of losing, being independent, etc. So I try to keep that in mind, too.

Tabitha

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I think it's because people underestimate themselves. I know I did that a lot when I started the game. Now I solo for the most part and only ask for help in dire situations when I really can't do something without assistance. There's also the obvious fact that some people are just plain lazy. They wanna get to the top without putting in any work, so they constantly ask people for help. When a poor, unsuspecting friend comes and "helps" they end up doing all the work.