Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Store Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
When will we be able to buy Wizard 101 spell cards through the store? We'd love to be able to play the game off-line, too.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
DUDE I'm sure that will never happen! thats pretty much cheating, treasure cards on the other hand are different. But seriously thats considered cheating

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
lol that is a great idea! my brother and i tried to do that with a regular deck of cards. maybe an administrator will see it

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Do you mean buying additional permanent in-game cards for crowns? That could be rather unbalancing.

Or do you mean buying some real-life cards that are equivalent to the in-game ones, so that you can play Wizard101 card battles the way you might play Uno, and not affect what happens in-game? The problem with that is that the computations could get messy enough to slow the game down a fair bit.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Guys, I'm pretty sure s/he is talking about playing the game like Magic: The Gathering. To friends at a table with a deck of cards.

Not a bad idea. 8)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
FireMan890 wrote:
DUDE I'm sure that will never happen! thats pretty much cheating, treasure cards on the other hand are different. But seriously thats considered cheating

How is it considered cheating? Praticing with your friends on a table is not considered cheating.

OK forget everything they say. They mean like club penguin card ge gitsu cards and stuff like pokemon . Gosh please keep it simple!

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
A trading card game at a table would necessarily either be greatly simplified from the game or else require you to do rather complicated calculations that would slow things down too much.

Suppose, for example, that you use helephant. You have a fireblade and weakness on you, with fireblade cast before weakness. You have +4% fire accuracy from gear, and +7% fire damage. Your opponent has 8% fire resistance. Your opponent has a fire trap, the fire part of an elemental trap, and the fire part of a volcanic shield, cast in that order. Name the five possible damage values that the helephant could do. See the problem?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Personally I don't think if they ever made cards they would do that. + It would be a simple not 700-800 damage it would simply be 800 damage. The blade should take of 25- damage which makes 775. It wouldn't be a lot easy if we forget this and just make ninja pig plush toys ! they would be so cool. I WOULD SO BUY ONE<3

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If blades, traps, and shields were additive rather than multiplicative, you'd lose most of the depth of the combat.

But that's kind of my point. In order to make the computations simple enough that you could do them by hand, they'd have to greatly simplify the combat system. That would likely kill what makes it interesting.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I was thinking about a Wizard101 card game, too! I made a topic about it and I didn't even look for this topic!