Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spamming...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Spamming is not a gaming tactic.
spamming is the repeated posting of unwanted text in a chat system..

i.e.. i need a girl... over and over again.

strategy is the setting up of the course of event to occur in a match,
and the secondary and triciary courses in case the primary fails
at any point and can not be revived.

to use the same spell by a few of the members in a team IS NOT spamming
it is a tactical move.

the person screaming they cheat they cheat or they're spamming ... they're spamming IS spamming.

As well as the threat of reporting for cheating.
please remember that is false reporting and could get you into serious trouble .

PvP is the use of the ability to survive a bout and win.

Not to have a tantrum because some has a better strategy than you do.

This is most important in PvP with teams of 2 or more people. and i have seen some wonderful strategy in the ring. and i have seen some helter skelter playing as well.

so to those who know how to plan ahead before the match

I SALUTE YOU.

and crumbs to the rest ...

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Spamming is just a term we pvpers use to define the act of casting a spell over and over in a way that some people may find cheap.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Solstice64

using spamming in that way is the same as using spilled milk to describe a car wreck with fatalities.... it just dont work and is very irritating to hear it from the side lines as some incompetent player call out.

why not invent a new word for that action.

something small and simple to use and type...

like recasting... same spell being cast several times

in some games it called duping
meaning being duplicated

or maybe shamming
it has several meaning one is to copy or repeat

spamming already means to get unwanted emails or communications.

it is time to make a new word to use .

any ideas make and easy to type word for those who like to yell aot in PvP

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
The word spamming is similar to the word noob, they both are made-up meaning, but are used just as commonly as "lol" in pvp. You might as well try to stop people from saying different kinds of smile faces then the way we use spamming. Its just so popular.

-Solstice64

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Well said. But, who's saying that KI is going to add this new word to the chat system? And, besides, giving yet another tool to people who love yelling a lot in PvP wouldn't be such a great idea.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
ah yes lets be lazy and not use our mind in an inventive way.

fear of change is what keep people from accomplishing great feat of wonder.

this is why people who can not win or who lose in PvP become so disrupting, annoying or even bullying toward people who do use their minds and devise strategies for winning PvP.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hobi wrote:
ah yes lets be lazy and not use our mind in an inventive way.

fear of change is what keep people from accomplishing great feat of wonder.

this is why people who can not win or who lose in PvP become so disrupting, annoying or even bullying toward people who do use their minds and devise strategies for winning PvP.

Thank you for telling me how I cant use my mind in inventive ways. How do you suggest we stop people from saying "spamming?" Also, why do you care so much about that word. Why not noob which is used in mean ways, where as spamming is just referring to something.

-Solstice64

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
@hobi why must you care so much about literacy? Who cares if they use the word "spamming" in the wrong way? They can look like fools, you should let them. Besides you can't get people to stop saying what they want to say. Oh and by the way in a previous post where you said "... Amazing feat of wonder." rephrase that to where it makes sense like "... Amazing feats of wonder." or "... An amazing feat of wonder." yea i can play the literacy game too.