Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wyvern's Hoard and Dragon's Hoard question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
Since the new Wyvern's Hoard has 8 different permanent mounts and the Dragon's Hoard only has 2 permanent mounts, does this mean your chances of getting a permanent mount is higher by purchasing a Wyvern's Hoard? Or the odds are still the same for both packs?

Thanks! :-)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
From my understanding your chances are greater, however, certain colors are more rarer than others.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
kingurz wrote:
From my understanding your chances are greater, however, certain colors are more rarer than others.

I might have to agree, Chances are greater, But. Idk if you can choose your color. Anyways I have to agree

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I wish I could tell you the chances are greater, but in my experience, they aren't. I've spent a bunch of crowns for both decks. Almost all my legendary wizards have the skeletal dragon. Only three have gotten the wyvern mount.

Lots of butterfly wings, both permenent and for a day. And tons and tons and tons of trees! I'm running out of room for the trees! All the houses look like they're surrounded by forests. lol

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I have not seen a single Wyvern drop yet. My daughter now has 2 additional permanent fairy wings, several 1 hour fairy wings, a boatload of seeds and housing items, and misc. other stuff, but not a single Wyvern mount for her, my nephews, or myself yet. Rotten luck!

Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
I have seen a lot of new Wyvern mounts in a very short time compared to the bone dragon mounts, which leaves me wondering, which Wyvern is the most rare? Could the Wizard101 staff please tell me? I have seen so many gold ones, four reds (including my own), no greens, maybe two whites, and three blacks. I guess it would be the white ones, but the term "gold wyvern" leads me to believe that it is the most valuable because it uses the word gold. Please respond. :)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the only thing i got out of the wyvrn hoard pack was those purple pixie wings.

and i have spend almost $30 to date

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
drachir345 wrote:
Since the new Wyvern's Hoard has 8 different permanent mounts and the Dragon's Hoard only has 2 permanent mounts, does this mean your chances of getting a permanent mount is higher by purchasing a Wyvern's Hoard?

nope.

I've gotten quite a few skeletal dragons out of the dragon horde packs.

I've gotten only one wyvern mount. I've gotten lots of fairy wings but none permanent

I've spent around $300.00 all told between the packs.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

On the third pack (on my second account) one of my wizards got the yellow wyvern mount. This little wizard is still in Unicorn Way!

But its taken several attempts for my other wizards to get theirs. So far, only three of them received one.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
drachir345 wrote:
Since the new Wyvern's Hoard has 8 different permanent mounts and the Dragon's Hoard only has 2 permanent mounts, does this mean your chances of getting a permanent mount is higher by purchasing a Wyvern's Hoard? Or the odds are still the same for both packs?

from my experience the chances are the same. none of my characters have the skeletal dragon or any of the wyverns.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
drachir345 wrote:

i have spent over $40 dollars on both packs and i have not recieved wyvern or bone dragon only blue fairy wings, 2 earthwalkers, armor, and cheap pets like imps and unicorns so i'm really mad because it took me a while to get $40 . so the odds of getting one in my experince are bad of even getting one at all. but in the test realm i got one gold wyvern after spending all the fake crowns