Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trading Houses

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Why are houses no-trade? My daughter plays a character on my account and when I went to buy her a house using my character it appears that I cannot. I cannot transfer her gold OR buy her a house. These are between characters on the same account. Am I missing something? or must I buy crowns for this.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i think you can only trade items between your characters and not houses or gold

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
You cannot trade houses between wizards. You cannot transfer gold between wizards.
Your best option is to trade your treasure through the shared bank.
Your daughter should have her own account; if she did you could gift her a crown house.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
You cannot give other wizards your home, even on the same account. You also cannot give other wizards your gold, even on the same account. What you can do is give her some of your useless stuff (stuff you don't need, stuff you don't want, stuff that is only for a certain school that is not yours) to sell at the Bazaar, and she can do the same with her unwanted stuff. It will take a while, but between the two of you, she will get that house. Eventually.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
KI really needs to let you gift houses though. My children play and so do I. I would love to be able to gift them things like a house from the crowns shop.
I know i can send their account the crowns and then buy it, but come on they are kids and they love little gifts, who doesn't??

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The theory behind houses being NO TRADE is because of exploitations. You could theoratically put NO TRADE/NO AUCTION items in your house, trade them, then the other wizard would receive them undeservingly. I could be wrong, but I think it is a exploitation prevention method until a better way is solved.

Until then and like others have said, the best way is to trade gear between wizards, sell them, then buy the houses.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
You cannot trade houses because a while ago in Wizard101 people used to put non-tradable items on mannequins, and place them in their house then they would trade the houses between characters and they would get the non-tradable clothes. But I dont know why they just made a sign like thise: "Houses cannot be trade when items are in it" :)