Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to use traps in Wysteria

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2011

Trying to beat the earth boss in wysteria Yes they do cheat lots and it is hard to beat them. The pop ups keep saying forget how to use traps? How do i do that I forgot or never used them before.
Nawlie aka Ellie Dragon Heart

On another note, I know this might be silly but how do you get points faster to get more cards, it seems I am still useing what I have in the begining with a few new cards. Looking for some better perminate cards to keep in my deck. (stronger and healing cards)

Historian
May 01, 2010
nawlie wrote:

Trying to beat the earth boss in wysteria Yes they do cheat lots and it is hard to beat them. The pop ups keep saying forget how to use traps? How do i do that I forgot or never used them before.

On another note, I know this might be silly but how do you get points faster to get more cards, it seems I am still useing what I have in the begining with a few new cards. Looking for some better perminate cards to keep in my deck. (stronger and healing cards)

me as a legend, just one hit killed him, but his cheat is i think i you dont trap when you attack, it triggers (as i said, i one hit killed him, not exactly sure how he cheats) and usually cheating bosses have a message at the beggining i.e. today's lesson: traps

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
This post has nothing to do with pets, but it talks about defeating Chester Droors. It should be in the Wysteria board.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
nawlie wrote:

i believe the boss wants you to trap him and if ya blade he cheats

also to get more exp focus on the storyline and remember to get quest that focus on fighting a certain enemy and combine it with a quest that needs ya to fight the same enemy

example getting the souls in vault of ice
and doing it for the main quest

and every once while do a side quest

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Administrator
Moved by Professor Greyrose - young Wizard I know that was your very first post, but from now on please make sure you ask the right question in the right location.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I read somewhere that if you don't trap him, he'll give himself health. As a legend, I killed him outright. I didn't take the time to try to figure out the traps lesson. It just didn't make much sense.

I could try it again and tease him. but I'm not sure one can redo that quest once completed.

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Yo, I think you should just ignore the bosses who say that. Especially the ones in WT. The last dungeon and the last 4 bosses. They keep saying something like "Tag you're it" or "Wrong Brother " or "I'm it!" Ignore them and keep playing.

As for me I haven't started Wysteria, since I couldn't get the quest. But I'll try to keep a lookout on it when I reach there.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
To use traps you first need to put them into your deck. Then when you draw one, click on it and then click on an enemy, then on your turn a spiked-shield will start circling around the guy (not to be confused with shields which don't have the spikes on them). Traps are used to increase the damage you do to the enemy you cast it on, so for this guy, place the trap on him each time before you attack him and he won't cheat. Most traps say trap in the name, like life trap, death trap, ice trap, etc... but balance's trap is called 'hex', and death has 2 more traps called 'curse' and 'feint'. If you are still confused, there may be more information in the player's guide to help you. -eli and crew