Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Proud crafter complaint

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
First let me say, I usually don't complain. I support Wiz101 fully, however I do have a complaint today. When I logged on today (I haven't been on for about a week), I noticed that some of the things I proudly crafted could be bought from the bazaar. The aquairum, cookoo clock, and the bamboo fountain in particular. I spent weeks gathering reagents and time working on crafting cards from other characters to help out so I could craft these. Now anyone can "have" them without crafting?

I think if just anyone can buy something that I took the time to craft then maybe some more recipes would be nice to try out, so I went in search of new recipes. Did I find any? Nope. I was wrong.

As a crafter, I take pride in taking the time and effort to gather reagents, cards, and waiting patiently for a slot to open so I can craft. I find it a bit of an insult to crafters who, like myself, have done this as well. I always thought crafting was a patience thing and have discovered the only patience I really needed was to wait for the item to be sold at the bazaar.

I showed people the great thing about crafting when they said it was a waste of time. I had them come to my house and see everything I crafted. Now what can I say? I guess I'll just tell them they're right it's a waste of time because what you craft this week will be out next week at a shop.

I know that just because crafted things are coming out to be easily sold doesn't stop me from crafting on my own, but wow what a blow to someone like me. I guess too many people just wanted things "handed" to them instead of having to work for it. It makes me sad that Wizard has given in to the instant gratification society that seems to exist today. I so wish crafting would be put back to the way it was...a true test of patience and pride on work earned.

Anyway, that is my complaint. I'm sure many will see this and say I'm wrong and they're glad they don't have to WORK for an item they really want in their house. GRRRR....

Jenna Soulcatcher

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I may be wrong but I believe that the crafted items for sale at the bazaar were sold to the bazaar by someone who crafted them.
So in essence nothing has changed other than you can now sell items you craft at the bazaar.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I think those items you mentioned are from the new Wyvern's Pack. I think wizards are selling the extras in the bazaar. Maybe they should have been NO AUCTION so they are sold at regular merchants, so the only way to get these crafted only pieces is by luck and crowns.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
dude i trully agree with you it is pathetic that they did that use grand master and master crafters works so hard and spend so much time to have some thing special and now any one can go buy it witch makes it less special especially gear i took me so long to craft hammer of the stone sky and my ring and athame and here i see my friend trolling with it and i asked how you craft so fast he says i no craft me buy from bazzar and sure enough there were plenty to go around bassically wizard101 troll faced every crafter who spent countless hours crafting special items and now any one can bye

Jack Dragonbreath lvl 60 pyro Grandmaster crafter

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
I wonder if they would put crafted houses in the crowns shop next.... :?

Community Leader
I am still a proud grand-master artisan. I have a full house crafted pieces and very proud of it. I am proud of it because I took the time to craft all these pieces. That all being said I do not mind items are being sold in bazaar, I have even sold items to my other account.

Not all wizards are high levels and really want cool crafted items Its okay I have crafted some and sold them in bazaar for anyone to have. Crafting is also not for everyone just like housing isn't.

Don't get me wrong at first I was upset looking at the coco-clock in the bazaar then I bought 3 of them. So its all good. If they made items no auction they might as well make them no trade .

Just my thoughts.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I wouldn't mind "as much" if the items at the bazaar said they were crafted. They don't say that at all. Second, no auction would be fine to me. You can still sell it if you want, but not just anyone can have it. Also, having it no trade is silly. You are the one on the account, no one else is on it with you. The trading would still be fine because you are the one making it.

I know crafting isn't for everyone, but even with that statement you need to remember that people who do craft take the time to reap the benefits. I don't garden, so I don't get the benefits like gardeners do. Do I mind, no because I know that is what I chose not to do. I don't expect benefits from something I didn't do or put work into. Even my 11 year old loves to craft. It has taught him patience and the benefit of getting something HE EARNED. That's the whole point of this topic.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:
I am still a proud grand-master artisan. I have a full house crafted pieces and very proud of it. I am proud of it because I took the time to craft all these pieces. That all being said I do not mind items are being sold in bazaar, I have even sold items to my other account.

Not all wizards are high levels and really want cool crafted items Its okay I have crafted some and sold them in bazaar for anyone to have. Crafting is also not for everyone just like housing isn't.

Don't get me wrong at first I was upset looking at the coco-clock in the bazaar then I bought 3 of them. So its all good. If they made items no auction they might as well make them no trade .

Just my thoughts.

i know how you guys feel, i spent around 120000 dollars on creating an everlasting staff and i find it at the bazaar while looking for my last sunstone for 10000, i don't usually complain, but could KI make it so that all items that are extremely hard to craft no auction? it would make me feel better about spending the time to craft these hard to make items. btw, the level 55 craft only staffs look awesome :)
Ethan Lifebringer level 60 life

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
They should've made it so anything crafted you could sell only at the shops with the no Auction thing.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
darthadden wrote:
Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I wouldn't mind "as much" if the items at the bazaar said they were crafted. They don't say that at all. Second, no auction would be fine to me. You can still sell it if you want, but not just anyone can have it. Also, having it no trade is silly. You are the one on the account, no one else is on it with you. The trading would still be fine because you are the one making it.

I know crafting isn't for everyone, but even with that statement you need to remember that people who do craft take the time to reap the benefits. I don't garden, so I don't get the benefits like gardeners do. Do I mind, no because I know that is what I chose not to do. I don't expect benefits from something I didn't do or put work into. Even my 11 year old loves to craft. It has taught him patience and the benefit of getting something HE EARNED. That's the whole point of this topic.

I garden and craft, if you buy snacks in the Bazaar you just might be benefiting from my gardening. I sell tons of extra snacks at the Bazaar.

I crafted some clothes for my Life from Wintertusk and an aquarium. Nothing will take away the sense of accomplishment I have from those items. I had to get my Fire up to the right level to make the Treasure Cards needed, too. My Life then made the Aquarium. I will proudly say I made that. I just plain don't understand how this changes anything as far as one's sense of accomplishment. Now I will find some other cool not in packs things to make. I love crafting nothing is going to change that. I still plan on getting all 6 of my gals to Grandmaster Master Crfater and beyond.

I was tickled to see some neat craftable housing items in the new pack. I hope it will make a few people decide to try crafting. I don't have a problem with it.

I love you idea for new recipes. That would be great.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
I hear what you're saying. I craft my snacks too...I don't buy them. I'm very proud of my crafts. I just wish it would say in the bazaar that what has been crafted has the crafting sign next to it if it's going to be available there.

I just a bit upset because I went to someone's house and I had said I was happy to see that someone else had crafted the aquarium too. The reply was that they didn't craft it, they wouldn't waste their time doing that. They said they got it at the bazaar. If only the crafting icon was there so they know it was crafted and took a lot of time and effort by someone. That would make it better.

I still love crafting and do feel accomplished with it as do my kids. It's just that when we cater to the "I want it now" part of society are we really helping people understand the "big pay off" and a sense of pride? So many posts on this board are about how things are too hard, or such and such school is too powerful, finding my gear takes too much time, I had to fight this boss a zillion times and still nothing. People don't understand patience and with the crafting it's understood that patience is exactly what's needed.

That's all I'm really saying. People need to realize how much time and effort went into what you have made. I think it would be a great lesson for most of society out there to learn this virtue.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
FluffyCrickett wrote:
I hear what you're saying. I craft my snacks too...I don't buy them. I'm very proud of my crafts. I just wish it would say in the bazaar that what has been crafted has the crafting sign next to it if it's going to be available there.

I just a bit upset because I went to someone's house and I had said I was happy to see that someone else had crafted the aquarium too. The reply was that they didn't craft it, they wouldn't waste their time doing that. They said they got it at the bazaar. If only the crafting icon was there so they know it was crafted and took a lot of time and effort by someone. That would make it better.

I still love crafting and do feel accomplished with it as do my kids. It's just that when we cater to the "I want it now" part of society are we really helping people understand the "big pay off" and a sense of pride? So many posts on this board are about how things are too hard, or such and such school is too powerful, finding my gear takes too much time, I had to fight this boss a zillion times and still nothing. People don't understand patience and with the crafting it's understood that patience is exactly what's needed.

That's all I'm really saying. People need to realize how much time and effort went into what you have made. I think it would be a great lesson for most of society out there to learn this virtue.

Crafted items do have a symbol by them. Chances are the Aquarium you saw came from the new Pack. They contain items that were formerly just craftable.

Megan

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
i am not sure if this hurst or helps.

I honestly think they should have a place to sell that will not kill us on the purchase hence i am not opposed to sell crafted items. And because they are still crafted they will remain rare. But couldnt KI provide all new housing drops? I can think of a million things like a fridge or a bathtub (what we dont wash?) there are lots and lots of things like maybe a chalk board. The kind that marks itself (ala classrooms).

But the coo coo clock (sp?) really i crafted that and it wasnt easy, so i am miffed now that i have had more than a few drops. Also can you add new crafts? Its time.