Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pigswick Cheaters

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
In the Tournament Hall, there is a pig that says "Watch out wizard! Pigswick students are cheaters! They'll break the rules whenever they can get away with it!". I'm about to face Randolf Spellshine, does he cheat? If so, aren't the bosses not supposed to cheat until WinterTusk and Celestia? That and what's up with the qualification battle. The guy you have to face uses Star spells. What's up with that? He was easy to beat, and I bet Randolf is too for a level 32, but these bosses seem a hint advanced for level 25.

Defender
May 30, 2010
all of the people in tournment cheats the guy you said used the -90 shield just use the remove positive shield or the ice steal shield if you attack with a wand or another spell he put another -90 shield

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
eggywig wrote:
In the Tournament Hall, there is a pig that says "Watch out wizard! Pigswick students are cheaters! They'll break the rules whenever they can get away with it!". I'm about to face Randolf Spellshine, does he cheat? If so, aren't the bosses not supposed to cheat until WinterTusk and Celestia? That and what's up with the qualification battle. The guy you have to face uses Star spells. What's up with that? He was easy to beat, and I bet Randolf is too for a level 32, but these bosses seem a hint advanced for level 25.

Yes, all of the bosses in Wysteria cheat. It's not obvious cheating, like in Celestia or Wintertusk, though, so just be sure to buff yourself and Randolf; he is Myth, so Storm wizards will have it a bit easier here- what school are you? Depending on your answer, I can probably suggest a few strategies for you.

Also, Star spells are a form of Astral magic- they are aura spells, not attacks, so they don't cost pips or do any damage on their own. For example, Amplify adds 15% to all attacks, and Vengeance gives your critical strike rating a +20 boost, each for 4 rounds; nothing you can't handle, if you're well-prepared. :)

Good luck!

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Wysteria is and was created as just a little something to keep people from being bored while waiting for a new addition to the game that will offer new worlds and lvl cap increase. That however is still in develpoment, and we won't know when it will come out, till KI gives the official notice to all of us.

And please don't nag them to hurry, we all want it, butI don't want my friends list wiped out again, or heaven forbid something worse.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
I fought him level 27 YES he does cheat i used minion though (myth) it will be your turn and he will just skip you

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
ALL of them cheat? Wow, I guess I was just too good to notice. They are all easy for a level 32 Balance. Chester Droors is the real problem, I don't like fighting Life guys in the first place! Make a tough Life guy that cheats. Now that's just unbearable! Oh, and FleurDeMort, I know that, and I have a long way to go before I can complain about being bored.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
What got to me was his 3 spell a round (Damage/Buff Vampire Buff/Damage) spell use and near unlimited Vampire use. How many Vampire cards DOES he have?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
eggywig wrote:
ALL of them cheat? Wow, I guess I was just too good to notice. They are all easy for a level 32 Balance. Chester Droors is the real problem, I don't like fighting Life guys in the first place! Make a tough Life guy that cheats. Now that's just unbearable! Oh, and FleurDeMort, I know that, and I have a long way to go before I can complain about being bored.

Like I said, it's not the kind of cheating that Celestian bosses use, since there's no way that anyone less than a Grandmaster could ever stand a chance against those. Vampire Val (my now-level-35 necromancer) had quite an easy time in Wysteria, except for one unfortunate duel against Lord Bramble, during which he fizzled almost every turn... He beat the instance on the second try, and the only thing bruised at the end of it all was his ego. :P

I can totally relate to your dislike of Life bosses, since my Balance wiz (who is Legendary now) hated fighting them, too- mostly because the spirit schools get a boost on us, but we don't get one back. I'm getting flashbacks to a certain tomb in Dragonspyre now, of which I'd rather not be reminded.

Happy travels, everyone, and don't forget to prism!

L.S., Master of Balance
& Vampire Val.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
eggywig wrote:

I thought that he was cheating, because that he uses star magic, in addition to fire.

Historian
May 28, 2009
mollyisthebest wrote:
all of the people in tournment cheats

That's not true. Only the last wizard, Earth Teacher, and the last boss of the world (the tiki tree thing) can cheat. You can go on Wizard101 wiki to see how they cheats.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
What exactly is meant by "cheating"? A spell is a spell. They all have their advantages.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gavpav2002 wrote:
What exactly is meant by "cheating"? A spell is a spell. They all have their advantages.

Cheating is considered any action you as a player cannot do, but an NPC can. An example is interrupting. A boss can cast several spells in one turn, while us wizards can only cast one spell per turn.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
FleurDeMort wrote:
Wysteria is and was created as just a little something to keep people from being bored while waiting for a new addition to the game that will offer new worlds and lvl cap increase. That however is still in develpoment, and we won't know when it will come out, till KI gives the official notice to all of us.

And please don't nag them to hurry, we all want it, butI don't want my friends list wiped out again, or heaven forbid something worse.
Yah, i agree. I have a legendary life, and am woking on a storm who, on 9-20-11, is level 43. so i dont want them to rush with level 70 or a new world. take your time kingsle! :D a lot of us lower level people wont mind :D lol

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
eggywig wrote:

I love that persons voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its so cute idk why

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
wysteria bosses do cheat but it's not easy to find out.They do not cheat like celestia bosses do their critical hurts. Their triton does near 3000 damage.

blaze thunderblade
legendary wizard

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Straight from Wizard101 central: Randolf spellshine casts shatter every two rounds and if you dont attack him with a shield on, he will cast vampire on you.

The earth teacher boss needs to have a trap before the first 3 rounds pass or he will interrupt and cast a helping hands on himself for no pips

Thats all i know

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I had fought Randolf Spellshine exactly 7 times before I finally thought about buying a henchman in the crown shop. A level 60 storm henchman was perfect, killing him with the first spell he used. So, if you are a member and can't seem to fight him on your own, a henchmen might be your best bet. Good luck!!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
Sanity1998 wrote:
I had fought Randolf Spellshine exactly 7 times before I finally thought about buying a henchman in the crown shop. A level 60 storm henchman was perfect, killing him with the first spell he used. So, if you are a member and can't seem to fight him on your own, a henchmen might be your best bet. Good luck!!

then you might have a low level. randolf kept using his cheat on me but i was fine, he died after a while. the only thing that bugged me was the healing from the vampire

"without balance, hope would disappear"
-Quinn Ironsword, legendary sorcerer and soon to be owner of a celestial observatory

"if there was no life, there would be nothing"
-Valerian Liongem, initiate theurgist

"death and misery are things we dont want, but nothing can be changed forever"
-Luis Nightwalker, initiate necromancer

"the greatest inventions are made by fantasy"
-Duncan Anvilpants, adept conjurer

"frost is something we may not want, but it evens the heat out"
-David Silvercloud, adept thaumaturge

"lightning is maybe a fierce weather, but lightning is electricity, and with electricity comes technology"
-Dustin Frogpants, journeyman diviner

the first time i ever had qoutes for all my characters. hope you liked them

Explorer
Sep 05, 2011
eggywig wrote:

In Wysteria, 3 people cheat.
Bleys Flamerender: Casts a level 52 star spell.
Chester Droors: Heals himself if he doesn't have a trap.
Randolf Spellshine: Uses a vampire if you don't have a shield.

Patrick Star level 44 pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Hello there. I see you are having a hard time with Randolf Spellshine. Yes Randolf is a cheater but i just got done defeating him. It took me 2 days but i caught on to him. I would like to Point out something that might be helpful. Make sure now this is a must have card. You must have a vampire in you're deck. This will make him weak it will drop him to 600+HP. Now what you need to do is use shields so you can gain pips. After he steals you're shields pass and heal after he attacks you. He will not use vampire if you heal. After this use traps on him and use blades on you're self. Note make sure in you're deck you have high damage cards. After you activate you're highest damage card it will plus the damage with the trap and blade this should end him.

Note: If he uses Vampire when you try to attack use heal then pass and use shields so you can gain pips again for you're higher damage card.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
i went to ws right at level 25! I loved ws and had a lotta fun.
Randolf used vampire on me whenever i hit him but he still lost no prob ;P

Level 34 life
Sarah hawkhammer

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
i beat him REALLY easy!
just use your blade, trap, then use your best spell (4th or 5th rank)
once or twice and he is dead

i beat all of themm easyly.
but when you face the enemy of your school make sure you put alot of
-80% shields and
converts
:)ty

lvl 37 and 3/4 life

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
eggywig wrote:

I don't understand how they cheat. I think I beat them too quickly

Hunter DeathFlame Balance and Life Level 35

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Yes, Wysteria bosses, in fact, DO cheat. My wizard has been trying to face Chester Droors solo, and he always seems to get me (doesn't help that I'm a Life Wizard, either). I've heard that Randolf will, if you don't have any shields, use a Vampire spell on you, and I think he does some crazy attack or something like that if you DO have shields. I only know of one boss in Wysteria that doesn't cheat (or maybe he does, but I didn't see him cheat, but probably because I was level 44 at the time).

I do think that cheating bosses shouldn't really be in a world available to level 20's, but I guess it gets players ready when they have to fight Celestia bosses.

Hope this helped!

Courtney Starstone
Level 46
Master Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral