Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Hi, I am a student of death, and I think that the storm spell Wild Bolt should be looked at again. Now you might say, "But you're a death wizard! You shouldn't care about their spells!" Well, I think that if it was changed to something that the majority of the wizards here in the spiral could accept, storm will get a decent spell and the other schools can not lose sleep over it. So, what do I have in mind? This is my idea:

Wild Bolt
Accuracy: 30%
Damage: 800-1000 storm damage
Ability: The user of this spell will be stunned for one round without stun shield ( Cannot get Critical hit)

Does this sound fair? It can be changed to something else, but I just think that the current Wild Bolt isn't the best.... I'd love to hear all of your comments and ideas!

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Defender
Oct 24, 2009
I don't have a problem with your idea but I think it should just go back how it was in the first place.

Wild Bolt:
10% Accuracy
1000 Damage

I think it's better off like it was. 10% Accuracy for 1000 Damage sounds very fair to me alright. I just got a storm wizard who completed MB and had learned Wild Bolt.

Wild Bolt:
70% Accuracy
10, 100, 1000 Damage (Chosen at random)

Once my Wild Bolt had got an solo attack with a hit 1400, the rest were at 10 damage. I don't think its fair at all!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Well, if it was how it was in the first place, we would be back in the same situation as we were in before. If storm went first in PvP, you basically had to storm shield the whole entire battle and heal. Due to the new Wintertusk and Celestia gear, storm's accuracy is not hard to manage anymore. The only problem I had with wild bolt was when it was in PvP. Maybe if that spell wasn't allowed, that would make many people happy. But i'm not 100% sure..... I'm sure the professors have their reasoning.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
... 10%, grand storm wizard has 34% max storm accuracy... 44%, 30% treasure card for accuracy. 74%

3/4 of the time a storm wizard cold get around 2k/4k. not fair, although, they do lose the most in pvp's... (look on wizard101central.com) they are at the very bottom in how much they usually win... maybe, you should make it, 10%, (no enchantments), meaning, elixirs and cards will not effect its accuracy... except the ones that take a turn to cast

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Even if KI changed it again, I hope it still requires only 2 pips or less if possible. Even though I've spoken out against the newer version of Wild Bolt, it does make a useful Storm shield destroyer. That is the only reason it's in my deck.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Even if KI changed it again, I hope it still requires only 2 pips or less if possible. Even though I've spoken out against the newer version of Wild Bolt, it does make a useful Storm shield destroyer. That is the only reason it's in my deck.

You could just use wand, or do what I do. (For pvp this is what I do.)

Myth wand equipped, and storm converts on...

People always storm shield, ALWAYS, don't really see that many myth shields. So, go around storm shield, and break myth shield always works better for me.

And since cl/winter... They don't really shield, so I am assuming that you are talking about pvp.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
You could just use wand, or do what I do. (For pvp this is what I do.)

Myth wand equipped, and storm converts on...

People always storm shield, ALWAYS, don't really see that many myth shields. So, go around storm shield, and break myth shield always works better for me.

And since cl/winter... They don't really shield, so I am assuming that you are talking about pvp.

I have a Myth wand which I use to destroy Tower Shields, Black Mantles, Smokescreens, and Weaknesses when I can't find my Cleanse Charm spells. I'd rather not get a Storm wand since...it's Storm. What if I have a ton of blades and traps in play? Plus, I'm lazy! Why would I wanna do all that when I can just use Wild Bolt? Lastly, my Diviner was in MooShu when I made that comment and now he's in Dragonspyre. Also none of my wizards have done PvP in a while, so you assumed wrong, and we all know what they say about people who assume...