Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how does critical work?????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
I'm just wondering does critical work like is your crit% how many times out of 100 a crit able spell will crit, is this the increasment of damage or both because if it's the 1st or 3rd idea then my account is gliched because my crit rating is 120% and I don't crit on every damage spell
(p.s. how does damage increase work)

Ryan Griffinglade lv. 60 diviner

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The critical rating is a number, not a percentage. It's generally believed that it takes 4-5 critical points to achieve 1% increase in the chance of getting a critical attack. Some believe that it's also related to the relative level of the opponent/enemy. So if your critical rating is 120, you'll have roughly a 24-30% chance of getting a critical attack.

Damage boosts are in terms of percent. For equipment, they're all added together. For example, if your equipment has a damage boost of 30% for Storm, that means that your damage will increase by that amount. If Triton does 850 base damage, it will do 850 * 1.3, or 1105 damage with the equipment.

Damage boosts from spells are handled differently: they're multiplied by each other. For example, if you have a Stormblade (30%), a Storm Trap (25%), and a Feint (70%) on an enemy and then cast your Triton spell that does 1105 damage, you'll get 1105 * 1.3 * 1.25 * 1.7, or 3053 damage.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010