Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion Panel

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
People are talking about Minion Control Panels. Personally, I think it is a good idea... It just needs some work.

Some people say that myth should be the only one to have it, I agree, but only partially.

Once you add a new world, and raise the level cap to 70, or whetever. You should have minion control rating/percentage. The better you are at taming your minion, the more likely you will tell it what to do for that turn.

This should be added on at about 1 per level. Just like power pips. (But you can't get it from clothes until you are at least level 60.)

And then you can also get some from clothes. Either for specific school or not, you decide. But if it isn't for specific school, then add it on under power pip chance instead of with resist attack and that other stuff.

Also, this should only be determined by your ring, wand, and athame from your clothes. Ex: 5% from wand (any). 17% from athame. 8% from ring. (Both school specific.)

Athame should give you most rating, and for myth people it will ofc be higher, I think about 1.5-2x more from clothes, and more often from level gains. (That is how I partially agree. Also, balance should also gain a little more, since they get 2 minions, more than any other school, other than myth.)

Myth at level 30: 20% rating
Balance at level 30: 15% rating
Other Schools at level 30: 12%
Myth level 60 (no boost from clothes still): 40%
Balance: 30%
Others: 25%
Myth 70 (best clothes): 85%
Balance: 70%
Others: 60-65%

For balance, spectral minion will count as balance, not fire/ice/storm.

This could also mean more money for you, there could be crowns clothes up until level 60 that give percentage, which people would like to buy.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
um hi am the one who had this idea is still posted but my point was for myth to have it so they can truly be the best solo of the game and too also help them or people if added to everyone to have an easier time with minions so nah i dont think after 70 would be good :/ but i see that your trying to make it better but is really not cool to take someones idea atleast if you are going to make it better mention my name k

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
XMX7 wrote:
um hi am the one who had this idea is still posted but my point was for myth to have it so they can truly be the best solo of the game and too also help them or people if added to everyone to have an easier time with minions so nah i dont think after 70 would be good :/ but i see that your trying to make it better but is really not cool to take someones idea atleast if you are going to make it better mention my name k

1. I didn't know, but i said it wasn't mine.
2. I DID make it better, it would be unfair for only myth.
3. Just like above, and that would be SO unfair to make myth way better than the others since that is your goal. Besides, in pvp, this is how it matches up, so this is pretty much how good your school is.

Fire/Myth - 1
Ice/Balance/Death - 2
Life/Storm - 3

Besides, with Talos at level 55 now, myth has a ridiculously unfair advantage. And Efreet, doing 895, and then giving a -90% is also part of what makes fire so unfair.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I think that would definitely make the game far to easy! That would be like having 2 wizards to control in a fight. Think! Someone with the life mastery amulet (or even w/out it!) could just buy sprite guardian treasure cards and have her heal them with satyrs. One good idea would be to at least be able to set your minions deck though.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Here we go again you know i really hate when someone comes and just says pvp again and again look pvp is a Part of the game is not the only thing and as i say in almost all my posts... Then make it for story only I: i really dont care i just want people to have an easier time with myth minions in low lvl cause as we all know myth is a challenge 8) my myth is now lvl52(Wolf DreamCould) and well is not my only wizard but since i experienced how it is to be myth and how minions don't do what we want them to do i got this idea so if your gonna say something to me ..read my post first so you actually know what your talking about and just because you said you made it better doesn't mean you did that's your opinion and well i repeat PVP is a PART of the game is not actually the storyline if you wanna know what i mean create a myth and experience how your minions work k

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
pvp is like 1/4 of the game, and where almost all the REAL challenges and times where you die are... its harder to do that. anyone can beat a boss solo, even ive beaten luska on my 3 grands, so, whats harder? pvp. so use pvp as baseline for best schools.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
pvp is like 1/4 of the game, and where almost all the REAL challenges and times where you die are... its harder to do that. anyone can beat a boss solo, even ive beaten luska on my 3 grands, so, whats harder? pvp. so use pvp as baseline for best schools.

PvP really isn't a baseline for schools. It's a baseline for the human-controlled wizards those schools belong too.

Computer AI is repetitive and therefore predictable. Humans are not. That's why PvP is more challenging.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I agree with the minion panel being applicable only to Myth.

Myth is the class that calls minions to do battle. The other classes simply have minions merely on a support basis.

If a minion panel is added for every single class that has a minion (which is every class) then there is really no point for a minion panel and things can stay the exact same as they are.

Besides, there is no real point for a minion panel anyway, since Myth (or any other class) can't summon minions in full groups or dungeons where rules and regulations end up killing everyone.

If Myth were able to summon a minion in full groups, which could bypass rules and regulations as an extension of Myth's real power, Myth would finally be allowed to play at their full potential. At that point, a minion panel would also not be needed.

If a minion panel was indeed created, to me it would then look something like this.

Myth: %'age boost to health, power, power pip, resist, critical, and/or block.
Life: %'age boost to incoming/outgoing healing.
Death: Nothing for them is needed.
Balance: %'age boost to outgoing healing and/or %'age boost to resist.
Ice: Nothing for them is needed. Their ice minion can cast Ice Shark.
Storm: Nothing for them is needed. Working as intented.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Guys, the point of the different schools is for them to all be equal in some way.