Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helephant Tower Quest=Waste of Life

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
So we've been doing the Helephant Tower for 4 hours... And we just could not complete it. We're all legendaries too. This is a direct message to Wizard101 to lower how long it takes, and the difficulty. Most people end up quitting after the first boss cause of how long it takes... Then after it are like 7 more floors, until a semi-boss, and then the real boss.. All in all, do not do this until Wizard101 lowers the standards. Right now it is nearly impossible unless you 'no-life' it. We have yet to complete it. I was so excited to do it, so I bought membership just for it.. Worst thing I EVER bought. I want my refund

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

Me and My Team Of Fire, Ice, Death (Me) and Life, died on the last boss, so we just entered again, and on the 3rd try, the life wizard couldn't enter, so it was just a team of Fire, Ice, and Death, all I would recommend for the last boss is, have a storm, or anyone strong, to take care of the minions, if not, just spam melt dispels for the boss's blizzards, I noticed they updated it from the test realm, now the blizzard has gargantuan placed on it, because it did 400-600 damage on us. Well, it took us 3 tries of dying, but we got it, :D Good Luck, and I am glad they made this tower, actually. This is the type of challenge me and my friends were looking for. Good Luck, Buddy!

-Mason D.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
The Tower of the Helephant is not for the impatient. It may take more than a few tries. I am not a legendary, but have been playing long enough to know that patience is the key to defeating bosses. Some people go right at a boss without even thinking about it. Others plan out their entire attack before even going into the tower. Most people usually use their strongest spells first before going for their smaller spells, but sometimes a small spell is the most important. It's also best to have lots of blades and traps, and even better to have friends with blades and traps that also apply-- say you are Ice and have an ice trap and blade, and your friend is Balance and has Hex and Balanceblade. Here you can do double the damage and get more experiance when the battle is over. But the only way to be able to do things like this, you must first have patience, and that is the most important thing in the whole Spiral.

:-D Thank you for reading :-D

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I really cant say anything cause I am only level 51 but what I do know is since ur a legend u obviously did big ben so that means u should have some experience with this type of stuff. And since u said it was really hard just keep doing big ben as practice and try equipping new spells, just because someones a high lvl doesnt mean other spells cant be used. Try prisms also if u need help with someone who resists and if they put -80 on that school buy a different wand. But most importantly get gear that gives u lots of critical and health. Good Luck!!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Tower of Helephant is very difficult if you don't know what you're doing.
My tips would be have a life with full life boost. A storm/myth and the other two schools doesn't matter. Because having a life is a big deal when your at the end, since the blizzard will be cast every time there are full three minions. And plus the minion does earthquake so no need for blade nor traps. The first bosses is not that hard than the last one. I would recommend having unstoppable in your treasure deck, cause the Minotaur boss will cast smokescreen every three rounds. So if you fizzle, even without the smokescreen you will get skeletal dragon only. My plan would be to take out those two ninja quickly, cause they use sandstorm a lot. And then the Minotaur Boss. And last but not least the Death Boss. So after you kill the Minotaur Boss, the death boss will cast Leviathan every two round to his intent target which will most likely be the one he's targeting before until you die. And then moving on to the next person. So GET STORM SHIELD. heal, keep on attacking, and REMEMBER, you can always get back in AS LONG as you do not switch realms, quit, nor let anyone in with you. But you can learn more about Tower of Helephant by just google Wizard101 Guide to Tower of Helephant. Good luck and PLAY SMART. Do not go in with people who you do not TRUST and will slow you down or worse, kill you. Go with a trusted, inform, well coordinated team and get it done. Do not want to go back to the first boss again cause you lose to the last boss. Good Luck.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
You know, this Tower is Optional!

People always whine and complain and get things made too easy... Form a strategy, just because you are legendary, does not mean you have earned it, or that you know what you are doing...

This dungeon is a good challenge and takes a good team with a strategy to defeat it easily... It is truly a fun dungeon...

And it can only take an hour to defeat, if you have a plan and know what you are doing...

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Really now!
Why do people complain about this so much? I just finished it and it was difficult, but not nearly as hard as people said it would be. And it is a SIDE QUEST. IF it was a main, i could understand, but SIDE? really.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
Talon Battleblade Legendary Theurgist
8)

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
I really love the tower just the way it is. I personally love challenges thats what makes this game fun. The way you get back in I do not like though. I was at the last boss on my myth and I had 3 friends with me another myth a storm and a fire. I went first so ya know who died first :). Anyways, I tried to get back in fast and couldn't. So now I could not complete the tower. All my beef would be about is that when your with a team and you die then the tower should let you back in to finish. Oh yea I am a legendary all mine are. I have played 3 yrs now and love Wizard101. Please take into consideration about this Wizard. TY!

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
i have done the first boss 3 times! First time was a total fail.
Second time was done, but i had to go and only too people were left
Third i beat the tower! ITS EASY!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
I agree that we should be able to enter with no problem after we get defeated. This has happened to me every time which is why I didn't pass the tower. The tower is is pretty challenging and i only know two friends who have gotten to the last boss and lost because of this. I wish kingsisle would try to fix this problem, and maybe make the tower easier :D

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Do you still have to use dispels to keep from having your blades stolen and placed on the death boss? But, getting hit with a bone dragon because you or your pet fizzle is where it seems to have gone too far. Is the gear even worth it?

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
random1self wrote:
Do you still have to use dispels to keep from having your blades stolen and placed on the death boss? But, getting hit with a bone dragon because you or your pet fizzle is where it seems to have gone too far. Is the gear even worth it?

For the final battle, my team didn't use dispels because the pips were too precious. Your health didn't last long. In the end, we just blasted away as quickly and powerfully as we could using a lot of area spells to get rid of the minions as we were weakening the boss. Then flee, get healthy, and run back as fast as you can, going through multiple empty levels down to the final battle, hoping at least one of your teammates has survived long enough for you to rejoin so they can get healthy, too.

I ran out of potions before we even got to the final battle. So I just played a game of Potion Motion as quickly as I could to return as fast as I can.

Bear in mind, you can't teleport into the tower. You have to use the rope each time and then scurry through the rooms. There is a room with red health balls, but that got empty fast. They don't regenerate.

The final boss has over 21,000 health.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
ok hi this may sound fake but i enetred the tower when it came out to live and we had fire balance ice and me storm so we all went in then on 3rd floor balance left then on 5th floor fire left it was me and icewe both made it out alive just the 2 of us a ice and storm the ice died about 6 times i died about 10 you dont need to be good wit anything just dont waste anything use everything you got shields heals traps blades whatever you can do it right when i was about to die the ice came back and we were good so yea just try and have people that wont leave ask them then go in
hope this helps
-David RedBlade

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Try checking wizard101central as they have a pair of companion guides that explain exactly how to survive this dungeon. To all you who complain it is to hard. This is a completely optional dungeon for those of us who love that extra challenge. For those of you who won't read the guides dispels are you friend in here.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
i have beat the tower without re trying the last boss are life had to leave so it was just me a fire a storm and a death we did pretty good then storm left but me and the death finished it i only had to walk back once the storm only had to walk back twice and death zero times but sadly i didnt get a good drop that time i have beat this dungeon 7 times on test and so far 2 on live i will help anyone if they need it if you have a good team it can actually be fun it was fun on the second try for me :)

if anyone would like my help give me a time realm and date i know all the rules and some tricks for getting it done faster

blaze legendary pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
its not difficult to me its just the getting back in part.i love the challenge of it.i just want the bug fixed so when i pot backed to my marked spot and go in alone i can get back to my other teammates....thats all

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
This tower is a joke and it is absolutely no fun what so ever. The folks at KI know that we like to fight cheating bosses, which is a challenge and fun to do, but this has taken cheating to a whole new level. I can not see the reasoning behind the last boss. He completely wipes you out in no time with his constant hits back to back, that's not a challenge KI that's insanity.
No wonder no one wants to do this tower. I won't do it again, it's just not worth the aggrivation nor the time. My skills at playing the game are great, with six legendary wizards I know how to play the game quite well, but fighting that last boss can't be called playing. What's the skill?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
how do you get this quest i have beaten wysteria and i am level 58 is the quest a side quest or something please reply soon by the way what is the new area in grizilhiam my name is kane

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
Castorez wrote:
So we've been doing the Helephant Tower for 4 hours... And we just could not complete it. We're all legendaries too. This is a direct message to Wizard101 to lower how long it takes, and the difficulty. Most people end up quitting after the first boss cause of how long it takes... Then after it are like 7 more floors, until a semi-boss, and then the real boss.. All in all, do not do this until Wizard101 lowers the standards. Right now it is nearly impossible unless you 'no-life' it. We have yet to complete it. I was so excited to do it, so I bought membership just for it.. Worst thing I EVER bought. I want my refund

I am really mad about the helephant tower i'm life and when the myth guy uses myth imp on me i fizzle and then i get a skeleton dragon ok KI i'm not saying this to be rude but this tower is too hard and i cant complete it
Chelsea Dreamsong
Legend 60 Life

Survivor
May 30, 2009
- Everyone

The Tower of the Helephant was to test your abilities.

You don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
gooster1234 wrote:
This tower is a joke and it is absolutely no fun what so ever. The folks at KI know that we like to fight cheating bosses, which is a challenge and fun to do, but this has taken cheating to a whole new level. I can not see the reasoning behind the last boss. He completely wipes you out in no time with his constant hits back to back, that's not a challenge KI that's insanity.
No wonder no one wants to do this tower. I won't do it again, it's just not worth the aggrivation nor the time. My skills at playing the game are great, with six legendary wizards I know how to play the game quite well, but fighting that last boss can't be called playing. What's the skill?

I beat the last boss easy. Please dont complain about this. There have been a bajillion posts about the helephant tower. All the posts say bad things, all the replies say good things. And noone wants to do this tower?!
There are so many people who want to do the tower that they have actually tried to intrude on other wizards battles! EVERYONE wants to do this tower. Dont do it again if you dont want to, but dont tell us about it! We dont wanna hear it!!!!!
William Crowthistle Annoyed Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Grimely wrote:
Patience ... yes. Fun ... no.
point of complaint please? It was fun for others! Like me!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
theman117957 wrote:
I agree that we should be able to enter with no problem after we get defeated. This has happened to me every time which is why I didn't pass the tower. The tower is is pretty challenging and i only know two friends who have gotten to the last boss and lost because of this. I wish kingsisle would try to fix this problem, and maybe make the tower easier :D
sigh. OK this is a happier complaint than some of the others. but it comes down to the same thing. IF it is challenging, look for new ways to defeat it! I had just as much trouble as anyone else when i took on the warehouse! But 15 tries later, i beat it! Instead of asking for the tower to be easier, ask for help! or directions on how to defeat Lyon or any of the other bosses! Dont just say "it is too hard, make it easier" and leave it at that!
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)