Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chester Droors, A Boss Too Hard To Face Alone

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 12, 2011
avhop567 wrote:
i haven't got to this part of wysteria yet but i can tell this battle is a breeze for me, because i can probably take out the guy with helephant or fire dragon. plus i have a 21 resist to every school and i also have critical.
unless your school is life or death then you shouldn't have any problems. also kingsisle will not change there mind about the chester droors battle because then higher level wizards like me will be complaing it's too easy.

but i have a tip for you if you are having problems fighting chestor droors then you should use multi attack spells from the fire school or buy metoer strike treasure cards.

hope my tip helps,

john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 20 adept necromancer

i am already complaining everything in world is easy to me accept helephant tower i say wysteria waste of time give us something for us legendaries KI we want a new high lvl world at least i do

blaze legendary pyromancer

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Its seems that everyone forgets about the level 60 henchmen you can buy. There are no excuses good enough to NOT buy at least one, as they only cost 60 crowns or less.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
I've beat him 4 times on the first try - twice on my legendary fire (once in test realm), once on my lvl 40 Balance, and once on my lvl 27 Myth. I did a one hit defeat on him all 4 times so I don't even know how his cheat was supposed to work. So that may be the key, blade up and knock him out.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
blaze552563 wrote:
avhop567 wrote:
i haven't got to this part of wysteria yet but i can tell this battle is a breeze for me, because i can probably take out the guy with helephant or fire dragon. plus i have a 21 resist to every school and i also have critical.
unless your school is life or death then you shouldn't have any problems. also kingsisle will not change there mind about the chester droors battle because then higher level wizards like me will be complaing it's too easy.

but i have a tip for you if you are having problems fighting chestor droors then you should use multi attack spells from the fire school or buy metoer strike treasure cards.

hope my tip helps,

john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 20 adept necromancer

i am already complaining everything in world is easy to me accept helephant tower i say wysteria waste of time give us something for us legendaries KI we want a new high lvl world at least i do

blaze legendary pyromancer

Patience young wizard, the time will come. If they released level 60 content now, well, it wouldn't be finished. The time for our legendaries is coming November/December. THis world is just a little break to keep us pre-occupid until the BIG content is released like last year's Celestia. It will most likely be released in November since Celestia was in November 2010. Hope this helped and it gives you plenty difficulty if you go on a lower level wizard of yours.

~James Skullwielder
Legendary Necromancer

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
i did the battle and it was really even though he cheats a bit. i've seen tougher guys in kensington park and it's 3 on 1 and they have like two thousand health , but they were really easy too.

- john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 21 adept necromancer

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
ok skullweilder its brittany

brittany, legend wizzy

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Yea,i had trouble with him too! He defeated me 5 times before i figured out a plan. I'm a storm wizard, so i had the capability to summon the water elemental minion. I also used the lvl 30 death henchman (i bought him with the crowns i got for becoming a member(yes, i still hadn't used them yet)).
I have to say that with that combo, i defeated them easily.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
isabelgahm wrote:
ok skullweilder its brittany

brittany, legend wizzy

Sorry, what? lol. Idk you you who are you again?

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I beat Chester Droors at lvl 37. I went to the libary and bought lots of life sheilds.(-85%). Also my amulet gave me -75% to all healing spells. I also used summoning(sorry if spelled wrong).

In all I did think it was a little unfair. Becuase my summon would attack and do damage then someone wold buff and do a rank three spell and kill him. Although my minon is only rank 1 with 400 health. He can do a ton of damage. :D

Well I hope my stratigies help you out. I also don't think the KI will do anything witch I say is good idea! :)

Iridian RoseHeart
Level 40
Master Theumaturge :D

(P.S it took me two times to beat him. The first time I didn't summon,sheild, and do the -75% healing)

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
You guys stink if you think he's hard hes pretty easy he wont shield if your life convert and then add your life traps simple

Finnigan Darkflame lvl 58 life wizard

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Floweramon wrote:
So far I've really been loving Wysteria. Not too hard, but not too easy. That is, until I came across this boss. At first I thought the problem was the fact that he cheats, but after chatting with other players I think it's something else.

1. The 3 on 1 battle is too outmatched, particularly when the rules are being bended and the bosses are so strong. This wouldn't be too bad, I've fought over-powered bosses before, but I think the next point is the real problem.

2. You can only battle him by yourself. Again, with the bosses being so strong and the rules being broken, I'm very surprised that you're only permitted to bring yourself in the fight.

I'd like to hear what other people have to say, but I would really like the people in charge to at least consider changing it so you can bring other people into the fight. Considering that this world is meant for wizards at lvl25 and I had trouble at lvl34, I really think this is something worth considering.
Not true actually you can get someone to help you it just to hard for lower lvled people to face a person who cheats and your matched out hope ya read this :-)

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Better then on test, his health was more than doubled what it is now. So, as a storm-balance-life combo, not exactly fun. No crowns items except dragon rider blade. Basically, as life, get another school. Water Elemental is worth it from whatever you get, although Animate should also work. Droors had 2000 health in test, beaten by a level 27 storm. Also balance helped, blades, traps, etc. (Water elemental can also do storm trap, so if you're not using storm, it's a good bet! Also, if it's taunts work and you get sprites often, better. Elemental Shield isn't good until Lord Bramble, because no elemental schools really came at me except a very occasional sunbird.) At any rate, treasures are usually worth the money.
R.O.N.A.N

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
coophol wrote:
You guys stink if you think he's hard hes pretty easy he wont shield if your life convert and then add your life traps simple

Finnigan Darkflame lvl 58 life wizard

Rude much. Not all people fighting him are grandmasters and legendaries.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
i tried alone till i almost died lucky i had some crowns i bought two one life one fire and we took them out easily enough hope this helps for those haven't done him yet all 3 are life so if you buy crowns use something to counter attack them like fire ice or storm i am ice that is why i used fire i used life to heal me not to help defeat them good luck everyone

Dakota Jade petal legendary Thaumturge

Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
If you have 120 crowns on you, I'd suggest summoning a level 60 death henchmen. The other 60 crowns is just in case you die. If you don't have 120 crowns or more, get a friend to port in to help you. You're gonna need the help.

Kyle Storybreath Magus Theurgist

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
i beat him in one hit with frost giant ice wizards of the spiral listen for tips by alot of gargantun treaser cards use it on gaint use ice blade elimntel blade and ice trap elimanl trap then use it and watch him drop say bye bye and finish the quest simple right

noah wildrunner lvl 60 ice

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I was able to beat him alone on my first try. But then again, I'm level 51. I do agree that he can be a little tricky, so can some other bosses in Wysteria (like the one in the Crystal Tower), but you need to just find the right strategy.

As you might know already, there are some serious legendaries in the game. They are really serious about this game, and especially about their duels. For dungeons like the Waterworks and the Tower of the Helephant, they plan out all of their attacks, each and every spell they are going to cast, when they are going to cast it, and on who. They make sort of "battle plans". They do their homework to. Let's say they are doing the Waterworks, they'll search online and on every Wizard101 site and fansite for information about the Waterworks, its bosses, it's characters, and anything else. Then they'll plan their attacks around that.

Some of the bosses/dungeons in this game teach you how to strategize. Many wizards just walk right into battle without a thought. Try planning what you are going to do. Learn as much as you can about the boss. Battle him , and see how him and his minions fight. Then if you lose, you can use that to your advantage. Do they cast a ton of shields? Do they heal often (and when do they heal)? How are their attacks? Ask yourself questions like that, and you can plan next time.

Good luck!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
hes was easy i just powered up than 1 hit koed him with dragon but he was a little annoying

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
Bieng a Balance Wizard, my attacks aren't too strong. My secondary school was life for the healing, but in a boss with 3 life foes? I can't get past it!! I can't wait to get this boss over with and i sure hope Randolf isn't as hard.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2011
I fought him alone and beat him the first time. He's harder than the other Wysteria opponents, but not at all unbeatable. Take out the little guys first. Then use your biggest spells on Chester.

Katie Daywraithe Level 30-something (I don't remember) Balance

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
I don't know about you, though my level 37 Death Wizard beat the professor in a breeze. Chester Droors kept on using healing spells on himself even with full health ( for reasons unknown) . So it was like fighting 2 Green Men, then Chester Droors.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I totally agree with you lol! My friend killed him on the first try and she said to me: Chester Droors is evil! At the moment I couldnt think of who Chester was and I got really confused. When I got the quest to defeat Chester Droors, I was all excited and really couldn't wait to finish Wysteria! When I got in there and started fighting, it was so hard. I would keep having to heal my self and whenever I made Chester weaker, he would just heal again! I dont understand how my friend killed him on the first try
:(!!! But I will pull myself together, Get some treasure cards, be strong, and use the helpful tips people have posted here. But most of all, thank you Lauren ShadowSong!

Hope others will be able to handle Chester!
<3 Devin Soulrunner (the girl) :D

Lol smiley C:

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I could not agree more. I was a level 45 ice when I battled him, and I went into the battle thinking oh this will be a breeze. I was so wrong. I died the first time, along with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th. And finally beat Him the fifth time. I was so angry that I couldn't defeat a boss created for level 28s (or around there). But then I took a break and did some side quests, then went and battled him and defeated him. The thing that made me so mad was the way he constantly had healing over time spells up.

Courtney Greenthistle (ice) level 46

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
I put him up a 3v1, and won. he is fairly hard, only cuz he cheats! but, i am level 56. I was 53 at the time, so i had my fair chances

Historian
May 28, 2009
I just got here, I'm level 54 I'm not sure if I can either.