Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chester Droors, A Boss Too Hard To Face Alone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
So far I've really been loving Wysteria. Not too hard, but not too easy. That is, until I came across this boss. At first I thought the problem was the fact that he cheats, but after chatting with other players I think it's something else.

1. The 3 on 1 battle is too outmatched, particularly when the rules are being bended and the bosses are so strong. This wouldn't be too bad, I've fought over-powered bosses before, but I think the next point is the real problem.

2. You can only battle him by yourself. Again, with the bosses being so strong and the rules being broken, I'm very surprised that you're only permitted to bring yourself in the fight.

I'd like to hear what other people have to say, but I would really like the people in charge to at least consider changing it so you can bring other people into the fight. Considering that this world is meant for wizards at lvl25 and I had trouble at lvl34, I really think this is something worth considering.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
i haven't got to this part of wysteria yet but i can tell this battle is a breeze for me, because i can probably take out the guy with helephant or fire dragon. plus i have a 21 resist to every school except fire where i have a 39 resist to fire and i also have critical.
unless your school is life or death then you shouldn't have any problems. also kingsisle will not change there mind about the chester droors battle because then higher level wizards like me will be complaing it's too easy.

but i have a tip for you if you are having problems fighting chestor droors then you should use multi attack spells from the fire school or buy metoer strike treasure cards.

hope my tip helps,

john firemancer level 60 legendary pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 20 adept necromancer

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I died my first time on level 49! I'm level fifty now but I doubt it'll make much of a difference. He is a very difficult boss. :( The second time I went in with a better strategy-- kill the minions first because they will keep attacking relentlessly. It's almost impossible to kill chester in one hit without, like, crazy critical, blades, and traps. Just keep trying, young wizard.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 50 Balance

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
I easily beat him when i was level 26 maybe i just got lucky

26 myth and balance wizard

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
First of all, what level are you? IF you are below level 30 he could be difficult. I'm Legendary and i beat him easy. Second, you can go in with two people. all you do is teleport to a friend(In fact, that is how I found him in the first place, by teleporting to a friend) Easy! But I don't remember him cheating...
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
Talon Battleblade Master Theurgist
8)

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
I absolutly agree because i tried almost a million times! i almost broke my computer because of it (srry i have temper problems) KI please fix it to atleast let us bring other to help

Sophia Dawnbreeze
magus ice
level 30

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I thought it was hard too
(Level 34-35 life (i dont remember what I was when I battled him))
I bought a life minion because I almost died and then I finished it

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I just now soloed him. he's pretty easy if you know how to fight right. I healed myself every once in awhile to be on the safe side, and all of that. THough it may have been easier considering I am death. Well, still, if you fight right, you shall make it.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Took me five times to get him on test, with my lvl 26 Storm at the time. Finally got that the lesson on traps - had to do with his cheat. Took the minions first while setting him up, healed, and used shields to get the pips up to attack him. Pulled my hair the whole time! Thankfully my cards came in the right order, sometimes they don't, then it's a whole other strategy.
It is tough, but like all things taught at ravenwood, perseverance and hard work will pay off.
Remember that defeating Cyrus to get to dragonspyre is the same way.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Im the school of life and I still got through it easily
i didn't use hechman or minions
but yet again i am a legendary wizard :)

Kevin Bluesword Legendary Thergist

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
If someone teleports to you, they can help. I teleported to someone fighting him and so did someone else and we helped him.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My Legendary got through this easily (d'uh), but I'm interested to see how my lower-level characters fare. Next up is my necromancer, who is level 30-odd, and a level 14 Storm after that (it's a a bit far-off for her yet)- he might have it a bit easier, being Death and all, but I can't wait to see how they do.

I also wasn't aware that this was a solo dungeon- tried to help someone yesterday, only to find out that I couldn't, and spent the next few minutes apologizing for it. It's not hard, though, if you know the strategy and can stack your spells/buff yourself and him; stack up on treasure card traps and take the minions out first. Here are some suggestions, if you are:

DEATH: You have it easier than the rest of us. :P Use your hex/curse/feint traps, protect yourself with Dream Shields, and buff your vamps (since this can also be used for healing); spirit blade (it's a Balance spell) treasure cards and Life dispels can help here, too.

LIFE: Load up on prisms. Keep a few bigger heals in your hand and buff Seraph (see "load up on prisms"); don't forget to stock up on some Death treasure cards, to make things a little easier on yourself. Pack a few spirit blades and, if you have a secondary school, now is the time to use it. The upside? You have higher resistance than most of us to any attacks he throws at you.

BALANCE: Spirit shield is your best friend. Also, use your spirit traps/blades, grab some Life (since you probably don't have Helping Hands yet) and Death (ie Dream Shield) TCs, if you can get them, and buff Sandstorm; you should keep a few each of Balanceblade and Bladestorm handy, too.

FIRE: Use your DoT spells (like Fire Elf), while buffing Sunbird and Meteor Strike. Keeping some Power Link treasure cards for healing will also help, and keep your Fire Traps handy- grab some elemental blade (balance spell) treasure cards as well. NOTE: In Celestia, Fire gets a boost on Life, so you may want to pay attention to whether or not that's the case here as well.

STORM: Use Precision to boost your accuracy , and buff Storm Shark or Tempest. See above comment on elemental blades and, if you can't heal, grab some Life TCs.

ICE: Buff your Blizzard, use your frost traps, and pad your deck with tower shields. Elemental blade TCs are probably a good idea, too.

MYTH: Use your golem or troll minions to do some extra damage. Pack your traps and life/death shield, get some spirit blades to go with your Myth ones, and buff Cyclops/Humungofrog. You can also buff your minions with treasure cards, and sacrifice them for health if you need to heal- Croaky (the frog beneath Mayor Pimsbury in Marleybone) has the actual spell, though you can pick up TC versions from the Bazaar and various other places.

EVERYONE: You should keep at least one of each of these in your decks- treasure Feints (only +20 to yourself), heals, Life dispels, sap health (sacrifices your minion for health or pips; again, Croaky has these), balanceblade, dragonblade, Life shield, and a couple of Death spells (like Vamp or Wraith).

I'm aware that I probably missed a few things, but that's all I can think of right now. If anyone else can add to this, by all means do. :)

Good luck, everyone, and happy travels!

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
Not too hard for a legendary death mage. Very difficult for my 50 level life mage, but I finally beat him. As someone mentioned earlier, it is possible for friends to port to you rather than staying in their own "dungeon." but they must also have the quest. BTW if you think this is hard, try the helephantes tower. Good gaming everyone

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
I fought him like 20 times but still lost . At first I thought it was because I'm not the best fighter, but it seems I'm not the only one!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Since I am Ice I will put blades and traps. But before I used regular attacks then I knew I had to use traps so he won't heal. I snow angel them all and realize he healed. So of course I did not have traps on all of them. So he healed and his minions were defeated the following round. So I bladed up and use colossus and it poof he is gone. Looks like now that lower level players are now getting a taste in enemy cheats. First time I had to understand cheats was Waterworks. Good thing they know now!

Aaron WinterRiver
Level 60 Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
well when I fight him it is like so hard to fight him and the tree and the green man because i'm life so i can hire some but i don't have any more crowns what was I going to do i'm 34 lvl. :(

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Pretty sure the trick is to simply lay a trap on the boss. This stops him from casting heal over time on himself. Then you can take them out like any other triple-threat.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
I had no problem with him, probably cause i am legendary :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
11soccer121 wrote:
well when I fight him it is like so hard to fight him and the tree and the green man because i'm life so i can hire some but i don't have any more crowns what was I going to do i'm 34 lvl. :(

You don't need to hire a henchman- try this:

1. Put your +25% Life traps on them, to keep them from healing. For some extra damage, pick up a treasure version of the Balance school's Spirit Trap- it will boost Life, Death, and Myth attacks by 35%.

2. Blade and shield yourself; use your Lifeblade, as well as Spirit Blade treasure cards (same as Spirit Trap)/ Balance/Dragonblade treasure cards from the Bazaar.

3. Heal yourself with pixie or Satyr. Unlike the other schools, you can use power pips on heals, so take advantage of it.

4. Place a Life Prism on each boss.

5. Take out the first minion with a buffed Seraph- combined with your many blades, it will be a big hit. Thanks to your prisms, it will also do Death damage instead of Life damage and set off both your Life and Spirit traps, which gives you a sweet boost.

6. Repeat as required, until they all die/you run out of cards and/or patience. :P

Good luck!

L.S.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
And, if you think Droors is hard for your level, then wait until the creature you have to fight that stole the spiral cup :? and the final pigswick student you fight cheats a lot. But I am legendary so yeah....

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
cookiejar42 wrote:
I died my first time on level 49! I'm level fifty now but I doubt it'll make much of a difference. He is a very difficult boss. :( The second time I went in with a better strategy-- kill the minions first because they will keep attacking relentlessly. It's almost impossible to kill chester in one hit without, like, crazy critical, blades, and traps. Just keep trying, young wizard.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 50 Balance

Actually, you want to kill Chester Droors first. I found that a LOT easier.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You don't have to do this fight solo. Another wizard can help.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ecramer wrote:
cookiejar42 wrote:

Sophia AshHeart
Level 50 Balance

Actually, you want to kill Chester Droors first. I found that a LOT easier.

My level 30 Death wiz just finished this, and he got through it pretty easily- took out the minion first, then Professor Droors (yes, I giggled like a schoolgirl :P ), and the green man was in last place. It's amazing how overpowered the Death school is- my necromancer deals damage that my legendary Balance wiz can't, even when she criticals and is fully bladed; I can't wait to see what he will be able to do at that level with an unbladed scarecrow. ;)

Whoever suggested that we save trees has obviously never been to Wysteria- let's chop them all down, and make a chest of drawers out of Chester Droors!

Happy travels,

Valerian "Vampire Val" Deathwhisper
Magus Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I found it to be a piece of cake, the more you know your school the easier it is. i beat it in 5 rounds