Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your school is actually unhidable

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You can try to hide your school, but people can probably still know what school you are in matches even if you do try to hide it. How? Because there's a menu chat option that says "Battle orders" and people can easily see what school you are. So if you want to try to not even say hi, dye your clothes, cast different school spells, you can try, but people will probably figure out your school eventually.

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist
Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
When I PvP I have 4000 health, yet people still mistake me for a fire almost all the time, and i don't even get where they get the fire from because all my clothes are black and gold lol. To be honest knowing what your opponent's school is, is not as valuable as your opponent thinking they know what your school is. I love seeing people spam death shields when i'm really ice. But you make a good point, and to me it has never been a big deal, everyone has towershield so no matter what school you are they will find ways to defend against you.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
thorvon65 wrote:
When I PvP I have 4000 health, yet people still mistake me for a fire almost all the time, and i don't even get where they get the fire from because all my clothes are black and gold lol. To be honest knowing what your opponent's school is, is not as valuable as your opponent thinking they know what your school is. I love seeing people spam death shields when i'm really ice. But you make a good point, and to me it has never been a big deal, everyone has towershield so no matter what school you are they will find ways to defend against you.

Sometimes when my balance wiz, Nicole Jadesword would do 2v2 with another person people would life dispel me and set up shields. They thought I was life . But they could have just looked at battle orders in menu chat and saw I was balance :D

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Sometimes when my balance wiz, Nicole Jadesword would do 2v2 with another person people would life dispel me and set up shields. They thought I was life . But they could have just looked at battle orders in menu chat and saw I was balance :D

I think they life dispeled you because they didnt want you to use life to heal, i get life dispeled all the time and i am death.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
lol that is how my pvp team does it we go into private chat and my storm friend right off the bat tells us what position and school they are it so easy to own them

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Man, I've kept quite about this for quite some time. Now KI is gonna remove my trick lol.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Dillon7265 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

I think they life dispeled you because they didnt want you to use life to heal, i get life dispeled all the time and i am death.

Only they were using life shields too XD