Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
Hey i am life and when i have like 1 Pip and 2 power pips and use a death card that need only 3 pips It take all of my pip why don't it just take 1 pip and 1 power pip? When i use an life card that need 3 pip it take 1 pip and 1 power pip. Why don't the death card do the same?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Chanfletch wrote:
Hey i am life and when i have like 1 Pip and 2 power pips and use a death card that need only 3 pips It take all of my pip why don't it just take 1 pip and 1 power pip? When i use an life card that need 3 pip it take 1 pip and 1 power pip. Why don't the death card do the same?

Power Pips count towards your "primary" school (Life for you) as TWO pips.

For example, if you have one normal pip and one power pip, you can cast a spell that costs THREE pips in your "primary" school (Life).

But the power pips count as only "one" pip towards your "secondary" school. So with one normal pip and one power pip, you can cast a spell that costs TWO pips in your secondary school (Death for you).

Adherent
May 20, 2010
A power pip is treated as a single pip if you cast a spell from a school outside of your main school (e.g. anything but a Life school spell). They're treated as power pips only if you have equipped a Mastery Amulet from that school (i.e. the Death Mastery Amulet).

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
It is really quite easy to explain: The power pip bonus is only applied to spells from your primary school. Spells from any other school use a power pip as a single regular pip.
The only exception to this is if you have a school mastery amulet for another school; then you could also use power pips for that school.