Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wyvern Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
So I would first like to say, these Wyvern mounts are beautiful. On my 7th Wyvern's hoard pack I got a Night Wyvern. Now I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem, when I'm riding it it just seems to big. Not saying this is a bug, but it is sort of annoying. Every time I make a turn the wings flap, it is actually giving me a bit of motion sickness which is the best way I can explain it. Watching the wings and the whole thing move is making my eyes hurt, my head started hurting after about 10 minutes. I love this mount, but I think I will be going back to my ram :-(

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I love the snow rams more, but I'll take your Wyvern XD
Truth is, wyverns are baby dragons.. These are not..

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
They actually don't look anything like a classic wyvern from fantasy. They do resemble greatly several of the famous oriental dragons however.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
I totally agree. :)

When I bought the wyvern mounts I didn't think they would be that big. Try riding them in MB where there aren't any sidewalks, you'll get caught in a battle every minute. That's why I wear either seraph wings, fairy wings, or something like that.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
When I saw that Bone Dragon mount the first time, I thought "Cool!" but the next time around I'm thinking "Yeah, neat, but DANG is it big!". I'd rather have the Horned Rider broom or a pair of wings, as I'm not that much of a horse person. They're cool, and they're fun to ride, but not enough that I'd spend money on a virtual one. If I were to buy one I'd get a broom, they're speedy, they're cool, plus they go with virtually any outfit!

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
the wyvern is supposed to resmble the chinese dragon things cause we made connection in china i mean ki did that is why you can make a zen garden with all the house items and get better clothes for certain things

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
Tavi6233 wrote:
So I would first like to say, these Wyvern mounts are beautiful. On my 7th Wyvern's hoard pack I got a Night Wyvern. Now I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem, when I'm riding it it just seems to big. Not saying this is a bug, but it is sort of annoying. Every time I make a turn the wings flap, it is actually giving me a bit of motion sickness which is the best way I can explain it. Watching the wings and the whole thing move is making my eyes hurt, my head started hurting after about 10 minutes. I love this mount, but I think I will be going back to my ram :-(

You're serious? you're worried about your mount being too big at least you got a mount, i spent 30 dollars on wyvern packs alone and never got one wyvern mount :-(

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Yeah, how is it some people get the wyvern mount, and not just the fire, jade or gold, but the cloud and night wyvern in very few tries, and others spend $10, $20, $30 or more dollars on Wyvern Hoard packs and get nothing?.. That's honestly not fair if you ask me .. or any of the people like that, because i personally spent $20 on Wyvern hoard packs... The Wyverns are well made though, I have to say. The wizard101 people and Kings Isle did a good job on it, but I think maybe they should make the wyvern chance alittle not so hard to get since people aren't gonna keep trying at something that's hopeless.... :( Though, I'd only try again if i had a better chance at a wyvern ... Since I guess I'm not a very lucky person at anything ....

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Yes I have bought 35 wyvern packs with no luck on getting the wyvern mount , lo of trees and other stuff , 1 kind of armour , so im not buying anymore of those packs, even voted , I think it said you get a free wyvern pack but haven't gotten it if that was so.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
vashd1 wrote:
Yes I have bought 35 wyvern packs with no luck on getting the wyvern mount , lo of trees and other stuff , 1 kind of armour , so im not buying anymore of those packs, even voted , I think it said you get a free wyvern pack but haven't gotten it if that was so.

i have not gotten a mount yet either after many, many, tries...to many dang trees in those pacs!!! its just silly the amount of trees i have..but i believe you get the wyvern pack for voting when the results are in and the voting is over...still waiting for mine also

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
wyverns are a Draconian species in their own right.

dragons have 6 limbs
2 fore legs 2 hind legs and 2 wings.

wyverns on the other hand have 4 limbs
2 hind legs and 2 wings in which the forclaws
have been incorporated into them.

wyvern like species had existed on earth in the distant past,
during the age of the dinosaurs.

they were known as the pterodactyloids and their fossils have been found in North America, Europe, Africa, and Australia.
most well know of this group is the Pterodactyl.
to date no fossils of a six limbed spices have been found.
and the word dragon is used very loosely in describing dinosaurs
in the past as well as of late.

ok now you have a short lesson on draconian species.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It is unfortunate that any thread having anything to do with hoard packs, always degenerates into an rant session about the chances of getting a mount.

Tavi,

I truly believe the reason Wizard101 has so many mounts is that very reason. Not only appearance, but the motion (animation) choices. Since all mounts move at the same speed, there aren't very many other reasons to choose among mounts. The bad thing is that the Bone Dragon and Wyvern mounts do not have temporary versions to test, but then again I guess you aren't buying those mounts, but the card packs themselves.