Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sidewalks safe...... except for when they arent?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
Mostly self explanatory. Sometimes, mainly in teh nightside instance, you can be all the way up against a building and be pulled off into a street fight. Once I was not only pulled off the sidewalk there but I traveled 3 combat areas up the road. This has happened in Firecat ally but not to those extremes. Is this a bug or are sidewalks not as safe as we are led to believe?

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
LOL Nightshade is just the beginning. Wait til you travel to Marleybone and there are no sidewalks! Then Mooshu where the monsters walk on the safe areas in odd places (like when you are rounding a curve in the road.)

Consider it training.

Hint: you don't have to complete Nightshade to move up so save it until you are a little stronger.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
No, sidewalks aren't safe. Places that mobs don't go are safe. That places that mobs don't go are correlated with sidewalks is not a coincidence, but look where the mobs are, not just where the sidewalks are.

When you get to Marleybone, much of the time you're on rooftops. In that case, where are you safer on a roof: in the middle or at the edge?

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
That's one of the novelties of Nightside. It was meant to be that way so you have to be extra careful when walking the sidewalks. Just makes it a little more challenging.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
kordach wrote:
Mostly self explanatory. Sometimes, mainly in teh nightside instance, you can be all the way up against a building and be pulled off into a street fight. Once I was not only pulled off the sidewalk there but I traveled 3 combat areas up the road. This has happened in Firecat ally but not to those extremes. Is this a bug or are sidewalks not as safe as we are led to believe?

Usually this issue is caused by your computer or internet lagging. You think your one place but your really somewhere else.

Nightside is a special circumstance. You will get pulled off the sidewalk there in a couple of spots or if you dont just creep behind a monster. It takes alot of practice to get around nightside without being pulled in more then twice. The good part to nightside is that the monsters DONT respawn. Once you kill them, they are gone... They do not come back.

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Defender
Dec 09, 2008
I was on a tower in Tower Archives and a guy battled me and pulled me onto another tower

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
If your talking about Sunken City, then in the first battle, it doesn't matter where you are, you get pulled out, just like the big MB (MarleyBone)

:D

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
ashbaer wrote:
kordach wrote:

Usually this issue is caused by your computer or internet lagging. You think your one place but your really somewhere else.

Nightside is a special circumstance. You will get pulled off the sidewalk there in a couple of spots or if you dont just creep behind a monster. It takes alot of practice to get around nightside without being pulled in more then twice. The good part to nightside is that the monsters DONT respawn. Once you kill them, they are gone... They do not come back.

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

yeah but theres like 150 of them try beating that much with a max of three potions