Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

thank you so much for this new wyvern pack

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
if ya havent seen it get online there is a brand new wyvern pack in the crown shop

best of all unlike the bone dragon, that i have to of, the wyvern will have som rare colors and some common

and the gear ya can get have different purposes

like a pvp one
a gardening or pet training one
and likely others that i dont really at all know about

so get those crowns and look for those wyverns

because this pack is gonna be cool

also thank you lindia greyrose ya listened to those post for new mount and packs and now look at this a new pack

thank you ever so much

p.s. for those people that think the dragon hoard is a gamble and didnt get there mount try this pack because there is more of the epic mounts so ya might get one from this pack

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
if ya havent seen it get online there is a brand new wyvern pack in the crown shop

best of all unlike the bone dragon, that i have to of, the wyvern will have som rare colors and some common

like a pvp one

also thank you lindia greyrose ya listened to those post for new mount and packs and now look at this a new pack

thank you ever so much

p.s. for those people that think the dragon hoard is a gamble and didnt get there mount try this pack because there is more of the epic mounts so ya might get one from this pack

I agree and disagree with you. I did buy a series of Dragon's Hoard packs, and got a ton of epic stuff, though I didn't see the mount until I'd already gone through about 50 packs; I gave it to my necromancer, though, since he looked a little silly in seraph wings. :-P Overall, though, it wasn't a bad deal- the stuff I didn't want or need, I just sold for gold.

Today, I found out about the wyvern pack when I saw a friend of mine on the mount, and I had to try for one, too. I did get one eventually (a golden one, to be specific), though it took me over 40,000 crowns' worth of packs before I got anything worth keeping. Most of the stuff in there is pretty worthless (trees and stuff), but I did get some neat gear, one each of the green, red, blue, orange, and yellow teleporters, the golden wyvern mount, fairy wings (both temp and perm), some decent treasure cards, a cool gardening item, and more pumpkins/bowls of tomatoes than I could shake my sword at. I also added several Life pets (imps, earthwalkers, and treants) to my ever-expanding collection, so it wasn't a total loss. :-P The fact that there are a ton of common items makes it all the more special when you do get the mount, or some awesome rare gem.

Happy gambling!

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
grvy123 wrote:

like a pvp one

thank you ever so much

Sorry "grvy123", but I have taken chance after chance on the dragon hoard pack in getting the mount from that set, with still no result of success. I even tried three times so far with the new wyvern pack, with no success. I just dont have the extra cash to waste on a chance for just "one" mount. Dont get me wrong..... I love this game very much, but "gambling" chances I have been taking, are just not affordable any more for me at this moment. (and to think I am an AVID dragon lover ;) )

Congratz to everyone who gets theirs though!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
GreyOak wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

like a pvp one

thank you ever so much

Sorry "grvy123", but I have taken chance after chance on the dragon hoard pack in getting the mount from that set, with still no result of success. I even tried three times so far with the new wyvern pack, with no success. I just dont have the extra cash to waste on a chance for just "one" mount. Dont get me wrong..... I love this game very much, but "gambling" chances I have been taking, are just not affordable any more for me at this moment. (and to think I am an AVID dragon lover ;) )

Congratz to everyone who gets theirs though!

i never said 3 packs in will get you it i said that the chance is better

the last part was because i hear complainers saying that the dragon hoard is gambling when it was so easy for me to get 2 of them and not alot of packs in

Survivor
May 24, 2009
These packs are basically slot machines for children. So much for family friendly.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Firestarter75 wrote:
These packs are basically slot machines for children. So much for family friendly.

thats pretty much saying trading card packs are gambling

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Firestarter75 wrote:

They are no different than any other card game or collectible packs on the market today. There is nothing about them that erodes "family friendly" as you suggest.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I'm thinking of buying it for a wizard on my second account. Now the only thing we're going to have to watch out for is people begging for it (lol)

Caroline Sunbright level 60 life
Emily Spiritriver level 60 death

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Firestarter75 wrote:

There is nothing inherently wrong with "gambling" or taking a chance at something. The problem comes when people become obsessed with taking that "chance" at winning to the exclusion of all else and ignoring responsible practices like being fiscally responsible. The trick is to not let something become all important to you.

This is something that is just as important to teach our kids as it is to teach them math and spelling. I took these packs as a perfect "teaching moment" for my kids. Both my kids had some crowns available to spend, so they went on a spending spree with the Dragon Hoard packs. My daughter got lucky and got the bone dragon mount within a dozen packs or so. My son, on the other hand, spent his crowns, bought another 10,000 crowns and sunk all of that into Dragon Hoard packs and still did not get the mount. He was so disappointed mostly due to jealousy and letting the need for the mount consume him. After some discussion on "chance" and the realities of statistics he began to understand. The next time he got a gift card and got 10,000 crowns, he spent his money much more wisely. He took a chance on a few packs, based on what he could afford to lose. The rest he spent purchasing evil magma peas, something that will continue to give back to him throughout the game. He was also happy with a lucky win of a sea dragon pet, and a set of permanent dragon wings, something he also wanted. But he is no longer consumed with the need for the bone dragon mount.

Take the time to teach your kids about the rights and wrongs of "gambling" rather than condeming it and the game itself. KI has given us many opportunities to teach our kids, as Queenlybluebean noted elsewhere.