Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hack or luck?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
Me and a few of my friends were doing pvp the other day and one of my friends uses ra. But a guy on the other team uses beguile and the ra hits us. So i am like ok that guy just got a lucky pick. So a few rounds later my friend uses another ra... beguile on him and the ra hits us. So now i am getting frustrated. Then my other friend uses forest lord. Beguile on him now! So now i am really ticked off. I use a fire dragon... beguile on me! And the dragon killed me and my team, and then they all hated me. So you decide was it a hack kingsisle don't know about or was it just luck?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I really don't like people that spam the beguile card because I just don't think it is that balanced. However this is not a hack, most people know when to use beguile because hardcore beguile users will always use a beguile the minute you have 4 power pips or a total of 8 pips, it is not they are hacking, or that they are lucky, it is just a standard procedure in their eyes, and the way you fight someone who beguiles, is either wait a few turns before you attack when you have 8 pips, or you can just use attacks that only target one person as those won't be affected by the beguile. That is really all that happened.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If I were to use Beguile, I would pick the person with the highest amount of pips.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
i am guessing the other team was just lucky. they were probably keeping watch on how many pips your attackers had and took an educated guess. i do that so i can guess when to use dispells sometimes on bosses

Tiffany Pixigem

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
vader1004 wrote:
Me and a few of my friends were doing pvp the other day and one of my friends uses ra. But a guy on the other team uses beguile and the ra hits us. So i am like ok that guy just got a lucky pick. So a few rounds later my friend uses another ra... beguile on him and the ra hits us. So now i am getting frustrated. Then my other friend uses forest lord. Beguile on him now! So now i am really ticked off. I use a fire dragon... beguile on me! And the dragon killed me and my team, and then they all hated me. So you decide was it a hack kingsisle don't know about or was it just luck?

perfect timing thats what happened

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
The opponent but be all death students that have learned the spell Beguile. Honestly, they just search for the person with the most pips. There won't be any hacks. It's not luck or hack, it's called strategy.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for replying guys. I usually don't do pvp so i wasn't sure. I used to just doing quests and fighting bad guys that aren't too smart. Well thanks guys! :D