Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting for nothing.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
FireDragonXX wrote:
I'm confused is reporting people for taking your treasure cards false reporting? And I am wondering what happens to the people who don't false report but aren't really reporting Something bad like not geetting out of their house or something

no. because both parties agreed to the trade

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
yeah my friend got reported for nothing and its for like 10 years O.o :?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
something happened well i was walking and these two girls were cursing at this lower level who apperently had four other grands so i told her to stop cursing and she got me into the fight. so after a while of her cursing i reported her then she was like i was gonna regret reporting her when it is her fault she got reported. if she hadn't been cursing at me and the other person she wouldn't have been reported.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
I find it funny: I reported someone on test for a fake bad word ( real bad ones are sort of possible with open, however it isn't with normal text chat),
and I found him again on live today. Acctually, I was the one reported :?. But still, I can play on live alright. This was from two test realms ago, So if I would still be suspended suspend me. I find it annoying test won't let you
report to live ( now THAT should carry across )

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
graymon97 wrote:
yeah my friend got reported for nothing and its for like 10 years O.o :?

same thing with my friend, saffron mist.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I just got reported today. I really think it was for nothing. I did not use bad words, or say really mean things ( i think!). Here is the story.
I was doing a pvp battle at my friends house( he has the huge castle house, and you can do pvp there) There were 3 people on each team. When we first started, I said'' this is going to be fun, i love doing pvp battles'' Then the next thing I said that I remember was '' hehehe( like i was laughing) this is so much fun!'' Then I said ''yay'' a few times because we were winning. Then I said '' WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE'' witch might of been too mean or too loud but if it was, I did not know!!!!!!!!!! Then a few minutes later, a message appeared on the screen, saying '' You have just been reported ( then there was something like'' remember, you cant use bad words on wizard101)''!!! My dad looked at it and told me not to worry. I still am a little worried. I have no idea who reported me but it prouble was someone in the pvp battle. So can someone help me because I don't want to lose my acount!!!

Administrator
If you honestly did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Here's what is posted in our FAQ:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

melcookie925 wrote:
I just got reported today. I really think it was for nothing. I did not use bad words, or say really mean things ( i think!). Here is the story.
I was doing a pvp battle at my friends house( he has the huge castle house, and you can do pvp there) There were 3 people on each team. When we first started, I said'' this is going to be fun, i love doing pvp battles'' Then the next thing I said that I remember was '' hehehe( like i was laughing) this is so much fun!'' Then I said ''yay'' a few times because we were winning. Then I said '' WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE'' witch might of been too mean or too loud but if it was, I did not know!!!!!!!!!! Then a few minutes later, a message appeared on the screen, saying '' You have just been reported ( then there was something like'' remember, you cant use bad words on wizard101)''!!! My dad looked at it and told me not to worry. I still am a little worried. I have no idea who reported me but it prouble was someone in the pvp battle. So can someone help me because I don't want to lose my acount!!!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
people here, one time with a friend, he reported me for BEING A LOWER LVL! now, the right thing is to report him for false reporting which i did, and removed him, if the person who reported you reported for no reason, report them back for false reporting, if you dont know who it was, i dunno, sry

MDH lvl 47