Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is it so weird?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Doesn't it feel like MarleyBone totally detroys the Wizard101 trend? Everything is relatively modern, if I wanted to see that I'd go outside. Also, the dogs are really, really lame. "Barkingham" and "Sherlock Bones" made me laugh up a storm though. I just can't stomach this world. Who agrees? Marleybone is totally out of place.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Every world has a different theme.

Marleybone is based on the real area of Marylebone, which if I remember correctly is in northwest London, and the names of various places and characters are often spoofed on real-life names.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
CalebGreenHeart wrote:
Doesn't it feel like MarleyBone totally detroys the Wizard101 trend? Everything is relatively modern, if I wanted to see that I'd go outside. Also, the dogs are really, really lame. "Barkingham" and "Sherlock Bones" made me laugh up a storm though. I just can't stomach this world. Who agrees? Marleybone is totally out of place.
I suppose if i somehow spent my entire life between living in egypt and attending renaissance fairs, going to old-school london would seem like an odd transition. However, Since none of this is commonplace for me, i don't personally find marleybone to be out of place. -etherchaos