Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Master of Balance"?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Again, since all of the threads on this topic have been locked, I am making a new one.

So, I'm a legendary, and I've seen a ton of other people running around (in GH and Wintertusk, mostly) with "Master of Balance" under their names. I don't have this, and I checked the forums to see what was required; I already have everything mentioned on w101central, except for the clockwork spider... where do I find this item? Is it a drop, or is there a vendor/secret trainer that I need to see? There is no information on the site regarding this, so I'm hoping that a player who has earned this achievement can tell me where to look.

Speaking of secret trainers, who are they? I've already been to:

-the lady on Colossus Boulevard, near Mindy Pixiecrown.
-the dog beneath Mayor Pimsbury in Marleybone.
-the one on top of the secret teleporter in Krok.

I have:

-Reshuffle
-Unbalance
-Sap health (sacrifice minion for 500)
-All of the spells from Niles (the Balance tree).
-Hydra pet spell card
-Mighty Judgment
-a treasure version of Dragonblade (if there is a perm one, where is it?)
-the spectral minion
-Hydra and Judge.

I also visited the others mentioned in the forums (Mortis in Sunken City and Sabrina Greenstar), though neither had any Balance spells for me. Is this an error, or am I missing something? If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks for the help!

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorcerer, & hopefully-soon-to-be Master of Balance.

Historian
May 01, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
Again, since all of the threads on this topic have been locked, I am making a new one.

So, I'm a legendary, and I've seen a ton of other people running around (in GH and Wintertusk, mostly) with "Master of Balance" under their names. I don't have this, and I checked the forums to see what was required; I already have everything mentioned on w101central, except for the clockwork spider... where do I find this item? Is it a drop, or is there a vendor/secret trainer that I need to see? There is no information on the site regarding this, so I'm hoping that a player who has earned this achievement can tell me where to look.

I have:

-Reshuffle
-Unbalance
-Hydra pet spell card
-Mighty Judgment
-the spectral minion
-Hydra and Judge.

I also visited the others mentioned in the forums (Mortis in Sunken City and Sabrina Greenstar), though neither had any Balance spells for me. Is this an error, or am I missing something? If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks for the help!

Laura Shadowsong

did you ever get the quest for nova? if not, thats the spell, and if you already have, try checking with tupa tupa in the ploating land

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Don't forget Ra! When Celestia was released, the requirements for the "Master of ____" Badges changed, and all wizards who had not earned it prior to Celestia's release (when the level cap was still 50) would have to complete their level 58 spell quest as a prerequisite for the badge. As far as I know, there are no spell trainers in Celestia that offer Balance spells.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

I have:

-Reshuffle
-Unbalance
-Hydra pet spell card
-Mighty Judgment
-the spectral minion
-Hydra and Judge.

Thanks for the help!

Laura Shadowsong

did you ever get the quest for nova? if not, thats the spell, and if you already have, try checking with tupa tupa in the ploating land

Yes, I have Nova. And I talked to Tupa Taua, but he has nothing for me, either. O_O Now, I'm wondering whether or not the thread on w101central is accurate, as well as if there's some drop item that I'm supposed to get but haven't yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

Historian
May 01, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

I have:

-Reshuffle
-Unbalance
-Hydra pet spell card
-Mighty Judgment
-the spectral minion
-Hydra and Judge.

Thanks for the help!

Laura Shadowsong

Yes, I have Nova. And I talked to Tupa Taua, but he has nothing for me, either. O_O Now, I'm wondering whether or not the thread on w101central is accurate, as well as if there's some drop item that I'm supposed to get but haven't yet.

i ust thought of three more, do you have the elemental/ spirit defuse? or availing hands from torad wayfinder? they are the 35/ 55 spells if you didnt know

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

I have:

-Reshuffle
-Unbalance
-Hydra pet spell card
-Mighty Judgment
-the spectral minion
-Hydra and Judge.

Thanks for the help!

Laura Shadowsong

Do you have "Spirit Shield" (-50% to next Life, Death, Myth power)? It's one that showing on the attached list for all Balance spells.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=129701#post129701

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
From what I remember all "Mater of..." come from the lvl 58 spell quest. You should of recieved the badge after obtaining Ra. If you don't have him yet then there should be the answer ;) ;)

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
The 'master of' badges are for having all the spells of your school that are available through training and spell quests- they wouldn't have anything to do with owning a certain piece of equipment or anything. The only spells you haven't mentioned having are: Ra, spirit and elemental diffuse (i'm pretty sure those are the names of them) and availing hands. Do you have those? -Corwin Sandstalker, legendary sorcerer (i do have the master of balance badge and got it after celestia and wintertusk came out)

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I have Master of Balance as well, but I just did all the spell quests. You don't need a certain drop or item to get it. Not sure why you do not have it. It is on page 10 of my badges list, 2nd from the bottom.
I do have the clockwork spider (called spider golem) on another character though, so I can answer that one. I got mine as a drop from the Master Tower that appears in Ravenwood at Halloween. I got it in 2009, before KI let the boss in the tower use cheats. I also got Wraith statues and Greater Imp pets from him. In 2010, after they allowed him to cheat, I got no unique drops from him at all, so not sure if he will still drop the spider golem or not. If not, one of the bosses in Kensington Park is supposed to drop it, but I have not gotten it from there either. It is a nice pet and mine learned a nice 6% accuracy boost. Helpful since Balance has no accuracy boost on equipment that I have seen.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
strange, im pretty sure i got the master of balance title when getting power nova AFTER the lvl 58 spell update

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

I have:

-Reshuffle
-Unbalance
-Hydra pet spell card
-Mighty Judgment
-the spectral minion
-Hydra and Judge.

Thanks for the help!

Laura Shadowsong

I dont think so as the message stated under here u dont need RA u just need power nova past lvl 48 .... If u have that then u can check ur badges

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
etherchaos wrote:
The 'master of' badges are for having all the spells of your school that are available through training and spell quests- they wouldn't have anything to do with owning a certain piece of equipment or anything. The only spells you haven't mentioned having are: Ra, spirit and elemental diffuse (i'm pretty sure those are the names of them) and availing hands. Do you have those? -Corwin Sandstalker, legendary sorcerer (i do have the master of balance badge and got it after celestia and wintertusk came out)

Hello, everyone, and thank you for your suggestions!

I just logged on to see that I apparently do have the badge now- a little weird, since I didn't have it earlier today. Maybe there was a system-glitch that took it a bit longer to appear under my badges... who knows?

Anyway, thank you again to all who offered help- see you in the Spiral!

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance :)