Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side spells outside of the school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Ok I am lvl 36 balance school and I got a notice from Mr. lincoln that it was time for a new spell and I should go talk to Baldur Goldpaws in Grizzleheim, then i missed the rest of what Mr. Lincoln said. Some sugested that i go to Mirkholm Keep and shortly after I start that area i should go and talk to Mr. Goldpaws I went there and then tried to talk to him didn't get anything. I finished Mirkholm keep and still haven't gotten my new spell. If anyone could please help me I just want to know what the spell is and what I have to do to get it.
Thanks,
Scarlet

P.S
Thank you colagada for your help

Historian
May 01, 2010
fairypetal099 wrote:
Ok I am lvl 36 balance school and I got a notice from Mr. lincoln that it was time for a new spell and I should go talk to Baldur Goldpaws in Grizzleheim, then i missed the rest of what Mr. Lincoln said. Some sugested that i go to Mirkholm Keep and shortly after I start that area i should go and talk to Mr. Goldpaws I went there and then tried to talk to him didn't get anything. I finished Mirkholm keep and still haven't gotten my new spell. If anyone could please help me I just want to know what the spell is and what I have to do to get it.
Thanks,
Scarlet

P.S
Thank you colagada for your help

since you finished Mirkholm keep, you need to speak with Goldpaws in old town, not grizzlehiem. and i am pretty sure that you get spirit defuse and elemental defuse. spirit defuse puts a myth, life, and death dispell on you enemy, and elemental defuse it puts a storm fire and ice dispell on them, both for five pips

Adherent
May 20, 2010
A few others have complained about this, too.

Try these steps in the order they're given. Don't skip any of them:

1) Change realms to a "Perfect" realm. Sometimes things get stuck when you're in the same realm. From what I've seen in the past, changing realms causes the server to flush and/or reset some things, so going to another realm may fix it.

2) Go back to Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court and try to talk to him again, even if the question mark over his head is greyed out. He may reiterate what you need to do: see Baldur Goldpaws in Olde Town. This may reset things and make Mr. Goldpaws available to start the quest.

3) Go to Olde Towne (not Grizzleheim) and see Baldur Goldpaws, who will hopefull have something to say now.

If this doesn't work, then your player file may be bugged (it's on the server, so reinstalling won't help), and you'll need to send in a ticket to Support.

Balance gets two spells at Level 35: Spirit Defuse (dispel) and Elemental Defuse, as slammer111 mentioned. At Level 55, they get Availing Hands, which is a stronger version of Helping Hands.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
fairypetal099 wrote:
Ok I am lvl 36 balance school and I got a notice from Mr. lincoln that it was time for a new spell and I should go talk to Baldur Goldpaws in Grizzleheim, then i missed the rest of what Mr. Lincoln said. Some sugested that i go to Mirkholm Keep and shortly after I start that area i should go and talk to Mr. Goldpaws I went there and then tried to talk to him didn't get anything. I finished Mirkholm keep and still haven't gotten my new spell. If anyone could please help me I just want to know what the spell is and what I have to do to get it. Thanks, Scarlet P.S Thank you colagada for your help
The spells you get have already been mentioned. To get started on the quest, go to Al'hazred (the balance school teacher) in the balance school at the krokosphinx and he'll send you to Baldur Goldpaws for the quest. -Corwin Sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
thank you both for your help. I got one of my spells and currently working on the other.