Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The cat in previewing houses.....

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
The cat annoys me so much. I can't keep walking without that cat stopping me to tell me something and it is quite annoying. and if you go BACK to that area she says it AGAIN. Please make the cat optional. She drives me insane lol.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
That's not a bad idea, but programming a toggle for that would probably be a pain.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:
The cat annoys me so much. I can't keep walking without that cat stopping me to tell me something and it is quite annoying. and if you go BACK to that area she says it AGAIN. Please make the cat optional. She drives me insane lol.
How much time do you spend previewing houses that she gets to you this badly? -eli and crew

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:

omg ikr

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:

the cat drives me insane to were not buying a house for real dont give us ideas on what this and that is for and blo blo blo

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Mastermind
May 02, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
come on I find her funny.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
Oh my gosh! I have the exact same problem. Did they not change it recently that if you go back to the same spot she says it again? Because i've never really noticed that

Lindsey ThunderHorn Level 52 Necromancer

Administrator
NightWa1ker wrote:
You know that 'cat' is actually a KI admin

That is false - she is a computer controlled character just like all the shopkeepers and creatures in the Spiral.

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
So I'm curious, what exactly is it about her you do not like?
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Would you prefer the 'tour' be optional and she only gives you the tour if you talk to her at the beginning of the house?

Let us know!

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Would you prefer the 'tour' be optional and she only gives you the tour if you talk to her at the beginning of the house?

Let us know!

I don't mind her manner or voice. She has actually made me chuckle a time or two. What bothers me is the interruptions as you go from room to room. I would appreciate the "tour" being optional. Megan

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!

I like the idea of only having her speak if we speak to her, although she usually has some great insights on the houses, so I don't mind listening to her. However, I agree with the above posters, she should not repeat a comment that she has already said, just because you went back into a room again.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I think what the problem is that she STOPS you. You are then bothered by the test prompt to continue. I also believe that a number of people don't realize that they can press the spacebar to continue, they do not have to click on [continue] with the mouse.

I would suggest have her talk as you move throughout the house like she does, however do not have the ability to move be blocked by these STOPS.

Just my 2 cents.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
How much time do you spend previewing houses that she gets to you this badly? -eli and crew

I was in the test realm when I previewed the 2 new houses. That's when it started to get on my nerves haha

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!

Her interruptions. Please do not think of this as a complaint though! I'm just giving my thoughts . But yeah, if you guys could do that, it would be great! Thanks Professor for asking. Your team is great for caring on player's thoughts!!!

~James Skullwielder
Legendary Necromancer

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!

Hi Professor! I'd love if at the beginning, you could talk to her, and she'd say something along the lines of, "Would you like a tour of this house?". There could be accept and decline buttons, like if accepting or declining a quest. I love her voice. It's not like yelling, it just a softspoken voice. :D Thanks for asking, I love how you read and ask about players' thoughts!

Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 35 Therugist♣

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
The cat is annoying, but so are realtors in reality, so I think she should be kept as is, or as previously suggested, have her at least not make you stop when she comments.
Also, is there any way to preview housing items in the homes? It is frustrating to save up for a house only to find that large areas of the outside can not have anything placed there once you buy it.

Community Leader
I adore the NPC . :) I have to agree with the rest of this group there should be a way to turn her off from interrupting. I do know If you go through the house once time you can stay in the house without her stopping you as you look around.

I read her thoughts on rooms the first time I view a house. She gives some good thoughts on rooms for the first time buyer.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!

It would be awesome if you could keep walking while she talked. Instead of having to stop. Also the tour being optional at the beginning would be nice too.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!

i dont mind her, but for the others, why not have something like a totorial tip, that doesnt stop you, and you can choose to bring it up or not?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!
I like the idea of it being optional and she only gives you the tour if you talk to her at the beginning. Its just i hate how she kinda ruins the house for you. Like when there's a cave or something and she says something like "Oh, there's a shocking surprise downthere!" and it kinda ruins it for you. I'm not saying that it always happens but its annoying when it does. :|

Lindsey Thunderhorn Level 52 Necromancer

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
chinababy wrote:
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!
I like the idea of it being optional and she only gives you the tour if you talk to her at the beginning. Its just i hate how she kinda ruins the house for you. Like when there's a cave or something and she says something like "Oh, there's a shocking surprise downthere!" and it kinda ruins it for you. I'm not saying that it always happens but its annoying when it does. :|

Lindsey Thunderhorn Level 52 Necromancer

Agreed

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
Her voice?
Her manner?
Her interruptions?

Let us know!

The only thing I don't like about her, is that she likes to repeat herself when you go back to one spot, like everybody else is saying.

Emma IceBlossom
Legendary Ice :)

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I kinda' like here. She does get annoying from time to time but she does give great ideas