Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plants that give mega pet snacks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I was wondering what, if any plants, give mega snacks for pets. It is very hard to level up pets without them and they are so expensive. Please let me know if anyone knows of any.

Thank you

Kiley Starblade
Legendary Theurigist

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
Prickly Bear Cactus - May give at elder
Malestrom Snap Dragon
Couch Potatoes - Crowns Shop
Evil Magma Peas - Crowns Shop

I have personally gotten them from the Couch Potatoes, and the Malestrom Snap Dragons. I just planted a Prickly Bear Garden, but they are supposed to be the seed to plant for Megas with out crowns.
If you have crowns to spend, the seed to plant currently is the Evil Magma Peas. They also give good reagents, from what I have been reading.
Good luck!
Jenna

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
There are user guides available at wizard101central.com and they have quite a bit of info about gardening, including a list of rewards you get from each type of plant.

Explorer
May 11, 2010
I got a mega pet snack from a bread fruit bush when I harvested it at elder.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The first thing that comes to mind is the Malestrom Snap Dragon. I might post later with more details.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay, time to unwind and relax with some good old fashion research. Now, assuming all Rank 9 pet snacks are considered Mega Snacks, this will be realitively easy.

Couch Potatoes give the Mega Snacks: Captain Canteloupe, Fancy Yougurt, and Golden Wheat Bread as well as other Rank 5, 6, and 7 snacks. You will get the Mega Snack at Elder Harvest, plus one Couch Potato seed, so you can always have one, but they will not multiply on their own. They can only be bought with 1500 Crowns.

Evil Magma Peas give the Mega Snacks: Cherry Tomato, Captain Canteloupe, Fancy Yogurt, Golden Wheat Bread and Mystic Dragon Fruit. You will get the Mega Snack at Elder Harvest. They can only be bought with 1250 Crowns.

Maelstrom Snap Dragons give the Mega Snack Mystic Dragon Fruit. These are dropped by many enemies in MooShu and Celestia, or can be bought from Ivaldi Silverpelt for 3,600 gold in Nordriland.

Bread Fruit Bush gives the Mega Snack Golden Wheat Bread. These can be bought from Charley in Krokotopia, and Groundskeeper Verne in Wysteria for 600 gold.

Cornbread Fruit Bush gives the Mega Snack Golden Wheat Bread. These can also be bought from Charley in Krokotopia for 1,800 gold, and are dropped by Grendel Snaggleclaws and Gurz.

Rye Bread Fruit Bush gives the Mega Snack Golden Wheat Bread. These also can be bought from Charley in Krokotopia for 1,200 gold, and are dropped by Coven Frostbeaks, and Coven Runeclaws.

The Giving Tree gives the Mega Snack Hambrosia. These were sold for 2500 gold from December 2010 to January 2011 and are no longer obtainable. It was sold as a charity item, as the proceeds went to the Austin Childern's Shelter in Austin Texas, and the Children's Medical Center at Legacy in Plano Texas.

Happy gardening and good luck!

Defender
May 21, 2011
prickely bear cactus at elder
evil maga peas at elder but when harvests gives treasure cards and reagents

Historian
May 01, 2010
the prickly beat cactus has a high chance of mega snacks, at any harvest, but all they really give is the rank 8, or sun fruit and crab apples (i planted 15, there may be more) whcih give a total of 25 points to your pet.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
It doesn't look like the Prickly Bear Cactus gives any Rank 9 pet snacks, though it does give Rank 8.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
MomJeanne39 wrote:
Prickly Bear Cactus - May give at elder
Malestrom Snap Dragon
Couch Potatoes - Crowns Shop
Evil Magma Peas - Crowns Shop

I have personally gotten them from the Couch Potatoes, and the Malestrom Snap Dragons. I just planted a Prickly Bear Garden, but they are supposed to be the seed to plant for Megas with out crowns.
If you have crowns to spend, the seed to plant currently is the Evil Magma Peas. They also give good reagents, from what I have been reading.
Good luck!
Jenna

all of these plus rye bread fruit bush sometimes gives mega snack at elder plus they grow fairly fast and i think deadly helephant ears

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
The White Tiger Lily. Extremely hard to find, costs 6000 gold at the bazaar, gives far too good to waste treasures ( I got an Ice hound treasure from it ) and maybe a mega snack. I got Fancy Yogurt ( 50+ to pet stats ). It was a rank 9. I only planted 1, so I have no idea what else it gives.
The Red Bell Pepper sort of gives a mega snack. Just a rank 10 ( 10+ to pet stats ).