Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

potion brewing.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
you know all those great potions and elixirs they gots in the crowns shop? and you know how most stories or movies with wizards in them or witches they are sometimes making potions i a big caldron for a spell or to make them more powerful? i was thinking why cant we do that in wizard101? it would be simple
you would have to buy SOME kind of cauldron or they could add in some new housing items that would be them that you would to use for different types of potion brews they could also add some new reagents since this is like crafting but with potions. there are so far 3 cauldron in the game the foul cauldron rough fire place and bubbling cauldron. you could buy any of them and then if you got near it you would hit x or click it then you can start brewing. a screen would come up and you are facing over the empty cauldron. there are 4 parts to making a potion. the base for making its start like to fill the cauldron up with something like water or something else. then there is the fuel to keep the fire going under the cauldron. there are are the reagents and other things found in the worlds of the spiral that need to be put into the potion. finally there is the wait time for it to boil then cool then its finished and you will have a potion from the crowns shop. the reason why this proses is so hard is because all the elixirs from the crowns shop cost so much.
here is how it would all work.
(base) you would start with ether normal water mud lava or other potions.
(fuel) ghost fire would last for 5 minutes mist wood lasts 15 minutes raw coal which is 5 coals crafted into a more burnable kind and it would last 30 minutes and fire blossoms would last an hour.
(ingredients and materials). you would first need to buy a bunch of potion flasks to keep in your new potion section of your back pack so you can save them and use them for later. gamma would sell them for 500 gold each. or 125 for small ones 250 for medium ones and 500 for large ones and 1000 for special ones. cauldrons could also be bought form gamma since he does noting but sit in that room on his perch looking at the spiral map. he also could be the teacher and teach you all of this stuff if they put it in the game. anyways all materials would be reagents or crafted items or items found in the worlds spiral. they could also add in some new reagents
finally waiting for it to finish. after all the ingredients are in the cauldron and are boiling it will say on your potion brewing tab how long they have to boil for. if the potion boils for to long or for not long enough it will ether completely ruin the potion or its effect would not be as strong. also you would get a reminder 5 minutes before the potion would be finished and at its peak of perfection. we could make ALL sorts of elixirs from the crown shop rite in are own castles. and we could also make transformations and new ones not available in the crowns shop and maybe some new potions also not available from the crown shop.
the teacher would be gamma he would sell you potion flasks, cauldrons, some reagents not like those same ones all reagent vendors have. and he would teach you and sell you the recipes for different potions.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
poinsdeth wrote:
you know all those great potions and elixirs they gots in the crowns shop? and you know how most stories or movies with wizards in them or witches they are sometimes making potions i a big caldron for a spell or to make them more powerful? i was thinking why cant we do that in wizard101? it would be simple
you would have to buy SOME kind of cauldron or they could add in some new housing items that would be them that you would to use for different types of potion brews they could also add some new reagents since this is like crafting but with potions. there are so far 3 cauldron in the game the foul cauldron rough fire place and bubbling cauldron. you could buy any of them and then if you got near it you would hit x or click it then you can start brewing. a screen would come up and you are facing over the empty cauldron. there are 4 parts to making a potion. the base for making its start like to fill the cauldron up with something like water or something else. then there is the fuel to keep the fire going under the cauldron. there are are the reagents and other things found in the worlds of the spiral that need to be put into the potion. finally there is the wait time for it to boil then cool then its finished and you will have a potion from the crowns shop. the reason why this proses is so hard is because all the elixirs from the crowns shop cost so much.
(fuel) ghost fire would last for 5 minutes mist wood lasts 15 minutes raw coal which is 5 coals crafted into a more burnable kind and it would last 30 minutes and fire blossoms would last an hour.
(ingredients and materials). you would first need to buy a bunch of potion flasks to keep in your new potion section of your back pack so you can save them and use them for later. gamma would sell them for 500 gold each. or 125 for small ones 250 for medium ones and 500 for large ones and 1000 for special ones. cauldrons could also be bought form gamma since he does noting but sit in that room on his perch looking at the spiral map. he also could be the teacher and teach you all of this stuff if they put it in the game. anyways all materials would be reagents or crafted items or items found in the worlds spiral. they could also add in some new reagents
finally waiting for it to finish. after all the ingredients are in the cauldron and are boiling it will say on your potion brewing tab how long they have to boil for. if the potion boils for to long or for not long enough it will ether completely ruin the potion or its effect would not be as strong. also you would get a reminder 5 minutes before the potion would be finished and at its peak of perfection. we could make ALL sorts of elixirs from the crown shop rite in are own castles. and we could also make transformations and new ones not available in the crowns shop and maybe some new potions also not available from the crown shop.
the teacher would be gamma he would sell you potion flasks, cauldrons, some reagents not like those same ones all reagent vendors have. and he would teach you and sell you the recipes for different potions.

read my reagent smoothie post its like yours but better

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I really like this Idea, because not only do i like the idea of potions, but you also made it really realistic with the fuel and such. Maybe you could even make new transformation potions with this, because ever since they made the transformation potions in the crown shop they have been the same and nothing new. But yes i like and agree with this idea xD

Historian
May 01, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
poinsdeth wrote:

read my reagent smoothie post its like yours but better

well that was kinda rude.

on topic: great ideas though i do have a couple question, you said that fire blossoms burn for an hour right? that leads me to think that there will be potions that require an hour, i am not sure how many people will focus on getting an hour for a potion, as in time wise. and that may be confusing, as its confusing me a bit, but anyway on to my question, will there be a notice, like a totorial tip or something along the lines of when you get an item? or would people have to watch the time and along that line, will there be an extra slot along with the pet slot and the possible three slot crafting slots, or will it go in with the crafting?