Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

efreet, where are your powers?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I have noticed that compared to the other level 58 spells, Efreet sucks. I mean it is probably because of the -90% weakness, which doesn't even make any sense! Since when does fire magic deal with weaknesses? I first thought this spell was awesome, but when I dueled my necromancer friend, the weakness just helped him! he used sacrifice and it took away my weakness! And the Skeletal Dragon, Since when does Death do more damage than Fire? And medusa! 770 damage and stun for 2 rounds! Now that would be useful in PvP! And dont give me that stuff about Efreet saving alot of lives in the waterworks because that is just one place! And Fire mostly deals with damage over time, which brings me to my next subject, the Fire Dragon. The biggest hit is on the first attack, which sucks because that is when most of the shields are activated. I may hit big on a usual fire dragon, but just use a shield, and it does as much as Power link, only without the healing. Why are you spending our potential damage points in all of the wrong places? And with the stormhound spell being equal to the Heckhound? it almost seems as though KI is practically trying to make the other schools so much better!

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer, not too happy about that any more.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Phoenixtail wrote:
I have noticed that compared to the other level 58 spells, Efreet sucks. I mean it is probably because of the -90% weakness, which doesn't even make any sense! Since when does fire magic deal with weaknesses? I first thought this spell was awesome, but when I dueled my necromancer friend, the weakness just helped him! he used sacrifice and it took away my weakness! And the Skeletal Dragon, Since when does Death do more damage than Fire? And medusa! 770 damage and stun for 2 rounds! Now that would be useful in PvP! And dont give me that stuff about Efreet saving alot of lives in the waterworks because that is just one place! And Fire mostly deals with damage over time, which brings me to my next subject, the Fire Dragon. The biggest hit is on the first attack, which sucks because that is when most of the shields are activated. I may hit big on a usual fire dragon, but just use a shield, and it does as much as Power link, only without the healing. Why are you spending our potential damage points in all of the wrong places? And with the stormhound spell being equal to the Heckhound? it almost seems as though KI is practically trying to make the other schools so much better!

its not a bad a spell that -90% weakness can stop a incoming judge full on
and it saves ya in many places including cl

also some are saying this spell is overpowered not under powered like your saying

also your death friend just did what anybody in pvp whould do in case of efreet, counter it with a wand or in some cases sacrifice

this spell shouldnt be changed

also i have a fire wizard so i know what i am talking about
and i have a ice wizard as well

this spell is fine and can save you from a incoming judgement

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Uh? Seriously? I am not doing this math again, but Efreet's damage is exactly where it should be for an 8 pip spell with no weakness. They need to lower the damage of Efreet to 665 to compensate for the weakness. Go to some other thread where I did the math if you wanna know why.

I wouldn't mind making fire dragon more of a DoT spell.
Skeletal dragon is a DoT spell, and DoT spells do more damage then single hit spells, Medusa is right where it should be though they cheated the spell an extra 10% damage so it deals more then Orthrus.

Storm hound should deal more damage then heck hound as storm has higher base damage.

-Solstice64

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Well lets start off by saying you are wrong in so many ways. Right now fire is at the top of pvp with myth and the point of the -90% is if you get to use it before your opponent attacks it could fool them and make it do so much less damage. it is kinda awkward that you would face your death friend and he knows you so he would know what you do and everything about you by looking at your stats located at his friends list. And then Dragon, Have you ever thought harder about that? REALLY harder? You make no sense. The point of the whole spell is to hit on the first hit and hurt them over rounds to counteract with the heals they might try to pull. and also use power link to kill, break off shields, and heal. Do you even pvp? cause if you did then you would know the power of efreet and dragon.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Phoenixtail wrote:

I've never seen someone less appreciative of one of the most effective spells in the game...

First of all, when you put a Gargantuan on an Efreet, it can do catastrophic damage to any Wizard, and any monster. If your opponent is even standing after yo leave them in half, that Weakness will make sure they stay down for at least one more turn.

You said that Efreet 'helps' Necromancers, which it can, in a way, but what about every other school? Or Death mobs who don't USE Sacrifice? Would it 'help' them, too?

Skeletal Dragon may do more damage, but if you didn't notice, there's nothing special about Skeletal Dragon, other than that its damage is drawn out over the course of three turns. Efreet does its damage all at once. Which would you prefer?

And dont give me that stuff about Efreet saving alot of lives in the waterworks because that is just one place!

Are you trying to say that Efreet's Weakness only works in the Waterworks? Efreet has saved my butt MANY, MANY, MANY times in Celestia and Wintertusk. Point refuted.

Then you trail off and start ranting about Fire Dragon... You say that USUALLY, it does awesome damage, but if you put up a shield, it's suddenly a problem. What's your point?

Next time you think about complaining about something on the boards, be sure to think it ALL the way through, so you're sure that what you're saying is right, because almost NOTHING in your post is correct. -_-

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Oh, please, make it stop.
Please don't post posts about how one school is stronger or weaker than another and how it is unfair. It makes everyone angry, and I don't think KI is going to do much to change the spells we have because of a post like this. I can understand how you feel, but there are plenty of strategies out there that can defeat wizards. Find some and use them. And if you still cant win, IT'S JUST A GAME! It's supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun, STOP PLAYING. Simple as that.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I have a fire legendary and I think Efreet is just fine. Honestly, I liked it before I noticed it added the 90% weakness. (yeah, it took me a couple battles, I'm slow.)

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
My point was, Fire is supposed to be a school based on damage over time, not hitting large when the spell is cast. So in response to you question about preferring damage over time to hitting all at once, I would take the damage over time, because it would get rid of shields first and then hit high. And I wasn't saying keep the weakness, I was saying get rid of it, it is because of the weakness that the damage is so low! And aren't weaknesses more of a balance thing? Okay okay, so I don't have that much to back up my case, so what? I know people who have complained with less to complain about. So I am not the first. How about this? the next time I post something, I will think it through, and you people can still criticize all you want, and we forget I ever brought this up, sound good?

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer, Lone wolf

Historian
May 01, 2010
kevke67 wrote:
Well lets start off by saying you are wrong in so many ways. Right now fire is at the top of pvp with myth and the point of the -90% is if you get to use it before your opponent attacks it could fool them and make it do so much less damage. it is kinda awkward that you would face your death friend and he knows you so he would know what you do and everything about you by looking at your stats located at his friends list. And then Dragon, Have you ever thought harder about that? REALLY harder? You make no sense. The point of the whole spell is to hit on the first hit and hurt them over rounds to counteract with the heals they might try to pull. and also use power link to kill, break off shields, and heal. Do you even pvp? cause if you did then you would know the power of efreet and dragon.

it is his opinion, even though we dont agree, we cant say that he is wrong.

now, is fire your main school, or did you start another wizard? and a second question, i know some didnt, but did you choose fire, or did you get given fire? efreet is a very powerful spell, and the reason i like it, it is not because of the weakness, (well, partly) its because its a change. look at all the fire spells, even from early levels we were given DoTs, and even falmea told us how to use them. if you havent noticed, the DoTs are even more powerful than full hit spells (heck hound is better than judge and tempest, one person wise, fire elf rivals storm bats, scald is one of the most powerful aoe, dragon does a little more than storm lord) so it is a change that we have a straight big damage spell. with an added bonus that we could cheat cheating bosses

now about dragon, have you ever tried stacking the DoT? as in bring up ten pips, blade up for two attacks, the scald, the dragon, even with the shield, it will be devastating, they will not be able to shield without feeling the full brunt of one of those attacks.

and the heckhound... you know is it just me or is the only two places you can get this card, is a card pack, which its probably pretty rare, or a pet, wich only gives one of those cards? while pyromancers can have a max of around 30 in there deck? (sideboard included) sure, let them have more damage they are storm you know.

any person can weild fire cards, but only a true pyromancer can use them

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Phoenixtail wrote:
My point was, Fire is supposed to be a school based on damage over time, not hitting large when the spell is cast.

Myth is supposed to be a school based on minions, but how many people do you see complaining that they didn't get another Minion as their Level 58 spell? Life is a school based on healing, but do you see people ripping on Forest Lord? No. Everyone LOVES Forest Lord. But I digress.

My point is, variety is the spice of life in this game. It's good because it's DIFFERENT from the norm.

And I wasn't saying keep the weakness, I was saying get rid of it, it is because of the weakness that the damage is so low!

Did I hear you right..? Did you just say that Efreet, the third-strongest spell in the game's damage is 'low'? A card that, wth the proper set-up, as well as Gargantuan, can take down Malistaire in one shot? That's low? Really? Are you sure? Smh...

And aren't weaknesses more of a balance thing?

Aren't Minions more of a Myth thing? Then why does evey school get one? Isn't healing more of a Life thing? Then why do we get Link, and why does Balance get Helping Hand? Like I said before, variety is the spice of life in this game.

Okay okay, so I don't have that much to back up my case, so what?

You don't know much about debate, do you? If you don't have much to back up your case, you're going to look like you don't know a thing about what you're talking about.

Once again, almost every point you've tried to make has been either diproven or refuted.

How about this? the next time I post something, I will think it through, and you people can still criticize all you want, and we forget I ever brought this up, sound good?

It SOUNDS good... Just be sure to think it ALL through before posting again.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
Uh? Seriously? I am not doing this math again, but Efreet's damage is exactly where it should be for an 8 pip spell with no weakness. They need to lower the damage of Efreet to 665 to compensate for the weakness. Go to some other thread where I did the math if you wanna know why.

I wouldn't mind making fire dragon more of a DoT spell.
Skeletal dragon is a DoT spell, and DoT spells do more damage then single hit spells, Medusa is right where it should be though they cheated the spell an extra 10% damage so it deals more then Orthrus.

Storm hound should deal more damage then heck hound as storm has higher base damage.

-Solstice64

i just realized something, this and the thread that youw ere talkign about, with the whole dispel stuff, are almost exactly opposite (though both saying changing weakness )

anyway, so tell me, almost every spell in this game, has something special about it. so tell me, why are you complaining (hmm could you call it complaining?) about medusa, which has a side effect, and not complaining about orthrus that hits twice and while we are on that train, why not take away all of the side effects for the 58 spells....

every school is awesome in its own way, and all of the spells are, well, as balanced as they are going to get. and wait a minute, if efreet is changed to 10 pips, like you suggested, or being brought down to 600 damage, then what will become of skeletal dragon? isnt that a death spell, that hits higher than your idea of level 58 spells?isnt death supposed to be about steals? if fire cant have a change, then why would death remain the same?
oh wait, medusa is basically two universal dispels, because it stuns, right? but there is no way to wand that off, so tell me, why dont you bring it down 400 damage like you did to efreet? i bet that will fire up i dont know, most of the conjurers of the spyral probably.

remeber, fire is the second most powerful school (damage wise) and we have DoTs, if we arent allowed to hit big, then what will we do? sit around twittling out thumbs waiting for the DoT to run out?

btw fire dragon is as much of a DoT than we need, because, then if you make it more like scald, then what happens when we meet fire enemies, that will kill us easily? having to wait 6-8 turns, just to do dragon, and if that doesnt kill, we are out of converts? i know we can helephant, but lets see, that will take 5 turns? not accounting for fizzles, shields etc

now i have a question for you Solstice, what school are you?