Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Wizard, Myself

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
This is kind of a "musing" question. I'm a writer, and a voracious consumer of stories of all kinds. I have three wizards: a level 60 Myth, my original and primary; a level 46 Death, and a level 26 Life. Although I didn't create them with any special "personality traits" in mind, they each seem to have unique qualities in the game. My Myth was the first, so I guess she's more like I see myself--kind of prudent, thoughtful, wary of rushing into things. My Death wizard is much more fashion-conscious--kind of Goth, I guess--and fearless. She isn't afraid to let her health drain down to single digits. My Life seems younger to me; I guess she isn't fully developed yet. Now obviously what I call "personality" can also be seen as game styles dictated by these schools. But I wonder if other players out there see their various wizards as different aspects of themselves, or as unique "personas" unto themselves. Are you creating "characters" the way a writer would? Or are your various wizards just separate skill sets, no more? Just curious.

Tabitha

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I agree! Each of my wizards has a different "personality". The one I choose to play on any given night really does depend on my feelings at the time. If I'm feeling fun and ready to join a team, I will usually choose my storm. Not feeling particulary friendly and want to quest alone, death it is. If I'm in a helpful mood, it's life or ice. My fire is almost like a motherly figure. She was my first and favorite, I can play her anytime and mood doesn't figure in so I guess she is more like *me as I feel I can adjust to most any situation quickly. I also find that I react differently depending on which wizard I'm playing. I'm quieter when on my death, more outgoing when on my storm etc. I haven't bonded with my myth yet, so she rarely gets played and is the only one that is not legendary. Guess I need to give her another chance soon. :)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
oh i am not the only one to see this? wonderful!
each of my wizards are different and one is even quite reckless where one is more or less cautious and just wants to run around killing things... funny that one is a boy wizard... when some one refers as one of the other wizards i the current one tends to tell them" i am so and so you want ...."

and i get the response " but they are all you."... all i say is "nope...."

i think it wonder full people can actually incorporate different facets of them selves in to their wizards.

i think it keeps them from being cookie cutter characters.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
7 characters now, each with their own consistent attire and different personalities. But is my personality dictated by who i'm playing, or is who i'm playing dictated by my current personality or mood? That, i'm not sure. When i post, i'll end with eli and crew, usually, but sometimes the replies feel that they come from a more specific character's personality in mind, and i'll sign the post as them. Does that even remotely answer anything? -etherchaos

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I remember when a friend of mine was like you are so different when you are on your Ice. "No boasting or barking orders to everyone!" lol. She called me "pensive" and I was like, what??? I had to look that one up but yeah that kind of fit. We had a few good laughs about it and she is one of the few that "know" all of my wizards. In fact she is always pointing out my "character traits" depending on which wizzard I am playing. I don't believe I am all that different on each wizard but I admit that the school persona does enter my mind while I am gallanting about the spiral.

My ice tends to be more patient and more likely to quietly go about his business. He flexes his muscles now and then but is much more likely to cast shields to protect a fair maiden or help set up another wizard for the big kill. My Ice tends to be more forgiving of others too since he rarely if ever has to worry about dying. :) He is loyal and dependable; the consumate team player.

My Storm tends to be more brash and bold, overconfident even. Often rushing off to save a damsel in distress and relishing the role of "Hero". No quest is to small and no challenge is too big. Whenever I explore a new world or answer a distress call, my Storm is the first one out the door. He is a statistical freak and measures all accomplishments; always eager to match his stats with others. He is not satisfied unless he kills at least 51% of the enemies and hears "WoW!" or "Nice Hit!" or "Awesome!" directed his way a few times each battle.

My Life wiz has some patience and doesn't mind taking on a supportive role so that other wizards can bask in the glory of smiting down malevolent foes. He does take occasional delight in the near universal surprise that others have when he deals out a powerful dose of punishment himself.
(Don't ever, EVER, tell him that life should concentrate on healing...)
He is beloved by all he meets and makes friends easy... lol. He is also semi modest and rarely rebukes another wizard who forgets to praise him for his wonderful healing talents.
(he does accept crown gifts, but truly your "thanks" and "ty" are all the reward he desires...) lol
He has inner confidence and secretly believes that he is immortal since he cannot remember ever dying in the game. His moment of clarity came on the day that he earned Forest Lord, and on that glorious day this Life wizard's happiness grew ten times as big! :)

I do have a few other wizards but then I have already gotten a bit carried away with this reply... perhaps another time.
:)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
This is kind of a "musing" question. I'm a writer, and a voracious consumer of stories of all kinds. I have three wizards: a level 60 Myth, my original and primary; a level 46 Death, and a level 26 Life. Although I didn't create them with any special "personality traits" in mind, they each seem to have unique qualities in the game. My Myth was the first, so I guess she's more like I see myself--kind of prudent, thoughtful, wary of rushing into things. My Death wizard is much more fashion-conscious--kind of Goth, I guess--and fearless. She isn't afraid to let her health drain down to single digits. My Life seems younger to me; I guess she isn't fully developed yet. Now obviously what I call "personality" can also be seen as game styles dictated by these schools. But I wonder if other players out there see their various wizards as different aspects of themselves, or as unique "personas" unto themselves. Are you creating "characters" the way a writer would? Or are your various wizards just separate skill sets, no more? Just curious.

Tabitha

i have a fire and ice wizard

my ice is brave and fearless
( although she is avoiding mooshu for grizzleheim)
my low fire wizard is a bit timid and scared easily

for them i picked there personality by choice just like a writer

Destiny Iceflame ( my ice ) level 41 almost level 42
Destiny Summerflower( fire) level 2
( she sometimes helps a friend in krokotopia or mb )

yea i am gonna work on them some more today and tomorrow

anyways hope to see ya in the spiral and if ya see me say hi or something

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
All schools and characters I see have different personalities to me.

My balance, she's intelligent, brave but not cocky, and quite the fashonista, plus she has a British accent! She has a fairly short temper, and can talk for hours. She thinks it's wonderful being a wizard but would love to be a fashion designer, and have her own hat shop, maybe even do that part time since being a wizard is so cool, but hats are her passion. A lot like me accept I do not have a British accent.

My Death, he doesn't care about anything. Short tempered, but keeps his emotions bottled up most of the time. He tells people that he dreams of being a PvP Warlord, when the truth is, he loves to dance and is an impressive singer and dreams of Broadway!

Then there is my Life wizard, he's a real happy guy. He always sees the brighter side of things, and is obsessed with squirrels and unicorns. He is easily distracted, very energetic, has a short attention span, he loves exploring, and dreams of being an astronaut, or a fire fighter, maybe a policeman. Kind of like a kindergartener in a 5th graders body.

Then my Fire, he's a nice guy. He doesn't like getting into trouble, but always winds up into the worst of situations, but no matter what happens, he can just laugh it off. He can't imagine anything better than being a wizard, and wants to become Headmaster of his own school one day. He also really wants a beard like Ambrose, but not a monicle. He likes having perfect vision.

Champion
May 03, 2011
My balance, she's intelligent, brave but not cocky, and quite the fashonista, plus she has a British accent! She has a fairly short temper, and can talk for hours.

Oh, I love how developed your characters are in your head--and the accent, too! I also notice that you have characters of different genders. I tried to have a guy character, early on (tired of getting dating offers, I guess) but I couldn't make him work for me. I think I was too invested in the idea that these characters were reflections of me, and being female is, I guess, central to my identity. Anyway thanks for sharing that--you should write a story about these folks!

Historian
May 01, 2010
i dont think i notice any of my friends "different personallities" (even if i know all the characters ) i think i just add them to the whole person

anyway getting off topic i got two legendary characters-fire and life. my fire character seems less hesitant in going into situations, like he is used to dying, and will do it anyway, though, my life occasionally does the same, but once he is in there, he seems to spaz out i dont think my two characters have much different personalities, oor i have part of each schools personallity when i am on either only my friends can tell.

Scot Soulhammer-legendary fire

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Well, I have six wizards, all at different power levels and I think that they all have different personalities.

Storm: He was my first, and reflects me best. He is robust and happy, and enjoys a good laugh. He always enjoys helping. He enjoys battling and isn't afraid of dying in battle. He will take on any challenge facing any enemy. He is constantly trying to get more attack boost, accuracy, etc. He also tries doing high damage, and tries to see how much damage he can actually do. However, he can be overconfident. It takes a lot for him to get angry, but when he does, he is the least forgiving out of my wizards. His dream is to become famous for doing gargantuan amounts of damage.
Dislikes: My death wizard

Balance: My Balance reflects a different side of me. He is quiet, but likes a good battle. He doesn't usually show his emotions, except when he's battling. He is the most forgiving. Outside of battle, he bottles up his emotions, and keeps them for the fight. He enjoys faking emotions and would like to be an actor.
Dislikes: My storm wizard

Life: He is the optimist. He can always see the bright side of things, and enjoys helping other wizards. If anything bad happens to him, he can look on the bright side, crack a joke, and be off. His dream is to have as much fun as possible in life.
Dislikes: Nothing

Death: He is the pessimist. He always looks on the bad side, no matter how good things are. He dislikes helping people and will solo anything. If anything bad happens to him he can see the even worse side, share it, and be off. If asked, he says he doesn't have a dream. However, his dream is to be the best strategist ever.
Dislikes: Everything.

Myth: He is very laid back. Constantly he just summons a minion, lays back and watches clouds while the minion does the work. However, if anything bad happens to one of his friends, he will battle the person who did it. His dream is to prank everyone in the spiral.
Dislikes: Large assignments

Ice: He also reflects quite a bit of me. He is laid back to the point of constantly being called lazy. He is the biggest procrastinator of them all. He will put something off to a few hours before the end of the world, but always gets it done in the end. His dream is to have an average life.
Dislikes: Work.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
My balance, she's intelligent, brave but not cocky, and quite the fashonista, plus she has a British accent! She has a fairly short temper, and can talk for hours.

Oh, I love how developed your characters are in your head--and the accent, too! I also notice that you have characters of different genders. I tried to have a guy character, early on (tired of getting dating offers, I guess) but I couldn't make him work for me. I think I was too invested in the idea that these characters were reflections of me, and being female is, I guess, central to my identity. Anyway thanks for sharing that--you should write a story about these folks!

Thanks, glad you like them. I love writing stories, so I guess I can really make most things a realitively complex character. I still don't know why I gave her a British accent though, I guess I do like speaking in one just for fun.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Ooh this is a cool forum

My first wizard is my life wizard: tiffany pixiegem. I would describe her as my favorite wizard and as happy and always willing to help. Her flaw is she is over cautious and heals when she has a still considerable amount of life left. I would say she is also very cautious about her fashion choices. It can't be awesome but no good stats but it can't have super awesome stats and look horrible.

My second wizard, which I recently deleted, was my storm wizard scarlet. She was much more free and courageous. She was only a level ten but still could do good damage, upside of a storm wizard. I got rid of her cause my life's second school is storm now and to me I couldn't handle her having so little life.

My third wizard is my newest addition, my balance wizard Amber. I would say she has good life and damage but she enjoys working with groups also. It makes her feel good whenever she helps people in group play while still contributing damage wise. She is still a work in progress so her info is mostly just the surface.

Tiffany Pixigem- legendary theurgist
Amber- novice sorcerer