Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do pets make us W-I-D-E-R ?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Someone once asked me to drop my pet before running through Mooshu with them, saying the pet would make me more likely to get grabbed by mobs. Is this true? Does the pet increase my footprint in the game? Or does it just make me more likely to be away from the wall because I don't want my little friend to bump her nose or scratch her wings?

It seems to me that my pet sometimes gets snagged on corners I am running past, forcing me to back up a step to get unstuck. My firecat seems especially prone to this (he likes to have his own way). Is that true? Or do I just need to quit eating so many of Professor Greyrose's cookies at tea time?

Administrator
That's a very good question and the answer is no, your pets do not make you wider or increase your footprint in the game. The creatures of the spiral are not interested in your pet, just you.

Also if your pet is bumping in to things, don't worry about it, they'll be fine, you don't have to adjust your position to ensure they don't bruise themselves. Pets are resilient, I should know.
:)

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I’ve got a sunbird pet from a boss drop. If the silly bird can’t figure out how to fly around objects that we pass, then I guess he’ll have to deal with a few bent feathers and a bruised beak. LOL!!
:D

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
squeaky1 wrote:
I’ve got a sunbird pet from a boss drop. If the silly bird can’t figure out how to fly around objects that we pass, then I guess he’ll have to deal with a few bent feathers and a bruised beak. LOL!!
:D
Ha Ha! My fairy doesn't seem to budge at all - i think she likes it... kind of scary. :P
luna0616

Explorer
May 21, 2008
If gamma hits a wall, then maybe he should remember to talk less and watch where he is going more!

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Say what you want but I have found that dropping my pet keeps me from getting pulled in so much in instance levels! Try it!