Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family Account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
I just recently started two sub-accounts on my main account. One for my son and one for my daughter. I paid for a full year for each. Do I still have to pay another 6.95 a month for each of those accounts on top if it all just to have it linked as a Family Account?

If so, I would have thought it would be cheaper (a discount for a family to play together) than paying for 3 separate accounts.

What is the advantage of the Family Account if you end up paying more for 3 on 1 family account than 3 separate accounts?
You can not trade gear/housing items/mounts/pets via shared bank between the 3. It would be nice if you could so 1 crafter could make gear for all.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
No you wont get charged $6.95 per month. That is a discount rate for family accounts that do one month membership ( instead of $9.95 per month ). For your situation, there are no real money benifits if you do yearly membership. I hope I answered your question!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
DespicableDaffy wrote:

What is the advantage of the Family Account if you end up paying more for 3 on 1 family account than 3 separate accounts?

Actually a regular subscription is $9.95 a month per person; and a Family account is $6.95 per month per person.
A family account is $3.00 cheaper than a non-family account.

If you originally paid for separate memberships at $9.95 and then decided to convert to a family account then IDK - you will have to ask Professor Greyrose about how that is handled.
I do know that when you renew you will get the $6.95 rate.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Linking the accounts is cheaper, unless you take advantage of the $59.95 annual-plan special when it comes up about every six weeks.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DespicableDaffy wrote:
I just recently started two sub-accounts on my main account. One for my son and one for my daughter. I paid for a full year for each. Do I still have to pay another 6.95 a month for each of those accounts on top if it all just to have it linked as a Family Account?

If so, I would have thought it would be cheaper (a discount for a family to play together) than paying for 3 separate accounts.

You can not trade gear/housing items/mounts/pets via shared bank between the 3. It would be nice if you could so 1 crafter could make gear for all.

6.95 per account is the discount. Without the family account option, you would be paying 9.95 per account.

3 seperate accounts = 30 dollars

3 family accounts = 21 dollars

That is the advantage. Plus, you can share crowns and other family account exclusives too.

What you are sharing is all the administrative stuff. In-game sharing is not possible, since all three accounts are still seperate accounts (everyone has to earn their status/equip/levels on their own).

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
The only real advantage i see is saving $3 a month per account if purchasing 2 or more 1 month accounts

If you payed for a full year on the 2 new accounts, then why would you have to pay the 6.95? They are already payed up to 12 months of game time. I'm not sure if you noticed the disclaimer at the bottom of the family membership explanation.

"Please note promotional rates for 6 month or 12 month memberships do not apply to accounts grouped within a family of accounts"

Going the 12 month per account is still cheaper than the 1 month ongoing family setup, expecially right now with the price at $59.95. and also even at the regular price of $79.95. The price for each family account when you have it set up the way it is stated is $83.40 ($6.95 *12months)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have 4 accounts, and have them on yearly. I renew when the $60/yr special is on...and threrfore only pay $5/mo for each account....but in a one-time payment.

At one time I had a $60/yr and connected it to another account, which got family rate. I think that KI wants to make it it easiest way for you to pay.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
Thanks everyone for the responses.

I 1st made the 2 accounts using the create family account option. Then I paid the $60/yr special for both.
Good to know I am not going to be charged 6.95 a month more :)

I did send an e-mail to Mr. Lincoln to move my daughters character from my account to her new account and my son's character to his new account so we can all play together. I followed the instructions on how to send the email but in 2 days they still have not been transferred off my account to theirs. :( How long does this normally take?

Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
Thanks for the responses.

My other problem is that I requested 2 times now that Mr. Lincoln move two characters off of my main account and move them both, one to each of the new accounts, so that I can play with my kids.

ALL 3 accounts are fully paid up on year long subscriptions.
I sent Lincoln the main account name and the sub account names and the characters to move but nothing.

How long does it take before they get moved? It would be nice to play with my kids which is why I purchased the sub accounts in the first place.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DespicableDaffy wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

My other problem is that I requested 2 times now that Mr. Lincoln move two characters off of my main account and move them both, one to each of the new accounts, so that I can play with my kids.

ALL 3 accounts are fully paid up on year long subscriptions.
I sent Lincoln the main account name and the sub account names and the characters to move but nothing.

How long does it take before they get moved? It would be nice to play with my kids which is why I purchased the sub accounts in the first place.

I'm not an expert, but I believe for characters to be moved from one account to another, both (transferring and receiving accounts) have to have one year subscriptions.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/16444.ftl

Ticket responses usually take over 48 hours. Make sure your registered Wizard101 email address is up to date (that's where the responses go).