Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Real time combat areas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Basically, imagine the current combat system but real time instead of turn based. Here's how the stuff will work:

Your cards will appear on the top of the screen as apposed to the middle. You still select them as normal though. Your wand spells are unlimited use in these areas and are assigned to the X button rather than selecting them as per the other spell cards.
Technically, the spells will always go off but whether or not you'll actually hit your intended target will be based on the accuracy. A spell's accuracy will affect how well the spell travels, meaning how likely it will deviate and stuff like that. Each spell will also have a lock on %, meaning how likely you'll get an auto hit. Each spell's accuracy and lock on % is based on it's base value, how far you are from the target, and how well lined up you are to your target. Closer is better btw. Each spell's lock on does cap and while it varys depending on what school it's from, it goes from 0% to a max of 20%.

Each spell also has a casting time. Higher pip spells will take longer than lower pip spells as an example.

Just remember that you do need line of sight for most spells and that if you lose sight of your target, the spell's casting time will reset. This also means you can't snipe opponents as you can't simply cast then hide while they can't do anything to you(as there will be obstacles and whatnots). As for the spells that don't require line of sight(like Meteor Shower), you don't have to have a target to cast them but doing so(or not having line of sight to your target when it goes off) will make the spell do a secondary effect, which most often is randomly bomarding the entire area(this means it can hurt you too).

You select a target by clicking on them as normal. Movement is also as normal.

Any questions? And no, I'm not saying the whole combat system should be re-done, just simply have some areas you can do this in. This is mainly so to add something truley new to the game.

EDIT: I was thinking of what Phoenixtail said and I think I have a solution.

The wand spells that use basic spells will still be tied to the x button but the 7 spell cards that appear as normal will be assigned to the A,S,D,F,G,H, and J keys(as per left to right on the card row). If the position should be changed, let me know ok?

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
If the x button selects spells, and you move with the arrow keys, then how do you change from one spell and the spell you want? and don's say the mouse because it would be impossible to control the mouse, arrow keys, and x button all at the same time, even harder for people who use laptops.

I am Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer, and I approve this message.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Phoenixtail wrote:
If the x button selects spells, and you move with the arrow keys, then how do you change from one spell and the spell you want? and don's say the mouse because it would be impossible to control the mouse, arrow keys, and x button all at the same time, even harder for people who use laptops.

I am Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer, and I approve this message.

I forgot to say that you'd select the card spells directly and the wand spells would be used with the X button. But you do have a point. Time to rethink that part.