Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Setting up Ranked PvP 1v1 with In-Game Friend

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Would someone please explain to me how a friend and I can PvP duel against each other? Ranked 1v1?

I tried several times setting up matches this morning. We saw each other in the queue but couldn't manage to battle each other. :(

Thanks!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
iansmamasrq wrote:
Would someone please explain to me how a friend and I can PvP duel against each other? Ranked 1v1? I tried several times setting up matches this morning. We saw each other in the queue but couldn't manage to battle each other. :( Thanks!
You can only join ranked pvp matches through the quick join feature. this is to keep people from abusing the point system and 'cheating' to get one person's rank up by having another person forfeit to them. the only way to choose your opponent is in practice pvp. Otherwise, keep trying and maybe you'll get lucky and face each other. -eli and crew

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
iansmamasrq wrote:
Would someone please explain to me how a friend and I can PvP duel against each other? Ranked 1v1?

I tried several times setting up matches this morning. We saw each other in the queue but couldn't manage to battle each other. :(

Thanks!

You can't. Not in ranked PvP anyways (to prevent cheating). Try meeting up in Practice PvP.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
They actually don't want people to ranked PvP with friends because that is a way people have found to get really easy rank, and get to higher ranks without really working because their friend, or even them on a different account can just flee and give them free rank.