Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot find diamond at a fast rate

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hello,
I am doing the Master Artisan Quest. I have all the ghost fire I need, and there are a lot of Black Lotuses in WT and MS, but I am having a hard time finding diamonds. I need 30-40 diamonds for this quest and I can only get them when a piece of Ore yields one. I have only found 9 diamonds so far. I have heard that a frozen fly trap drops them, and I will plant a lot of those, but does anyone know how you can get diamonds more quickly?
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
Hello,
I am doing the Master Artisan Quest. I have all the ghost fire I need, and there are a lot of Black Lotuses in WT and MS, but I am having a hard time finding diamonds. I need 30-40 diamonds for this quest and I can only get them when a piece of Ore yields one. I have only found 9 diamonds so far. I have heard that a frozen fly trap drops them, and I will plant a lot of those, but does anyone know how you can get diamonds more quickly?
8)

Buy them at the Bazaar

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
Hello, I am doing the Master Artisan Quest. I have all the ghost fire I need, and there are a lot of Black Lotuses in WT and MS, but I am having a hard time finding diamonds. I need 30-40 diamonds for this quest and I can only get them when a piece of Ore yields one. I have only found 9 diamonds so far. I have heard that a frozen fly trap drops them, and I will plant a lot of those, but does anyone know how you can get diamonds more quickly? William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer 8)
The recipe vendor who gave you the quest (balthazar i think his name is) should sell a transmute diamond recipe- buy it and you can convert ore into diamonds (15 ore to make 1 diamond). You'll need the card crafting table to do this and, in the future, you'll need to do a lot of transmuting anyway, so you may as well start now. -elijah darkthorn, corwin sandstalker- grandmaster artisans

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Transmute Diamonds from Ore.
You can buy the recipe from Felicia in MB I believe; Also you can get it from the crafting recipe vendor in the Floating land.

Buy Ore and/or Diamonds at the bazaar.
Farm ore in Dragonspyre, or in the Pyramid in KT. Ore is pretty common in most parts of the spiral.

Champion
May 03, 2011
You can't get diamonds quickly by hoping for ore drops, I found. I am at the end of my Master Artisan quest, and just finished the diamond part (apotheosis daggers). Anyway, I don't think there's a fast way. I had to get a transmute card and make diamonds out of ore. 15 ore= 1 diamond. About every tenth ore you'll get a lucky diamond, and you can get them from gardening (silver trumpet vines, fly traps, and King Parsley will drop them if I remember correctly), but basically I had to run around DS for a week or so collecting ore. There's a lot of it there. Also the area before you enter Nordrilund in WT has one or two ore which seem to have a slightly better diamond-drop rate. Good luck. I'm now madly gathering mushrooms to make Nightshade :( for my second (and final) Crimson Book Stand.

Tabitha

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You can get a recipe that will transmute 15 ore to 1 diamond from Felicia Worthington in MB and from one of the vendors in Celestia Base Camp (sorry don't know name).

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
Hello,
8)

Well Diamonds at the Bazaar cost an insane amount and is very rare. You should buy a Transmute Diamond recipe from the guy you received the quest from, and then you can transmute 15 Ore to one Diamond. They can also be rare drops or an rare extra harvest from other reagents.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
Hello,
8)

You can get the buy the recipe to craft reagents from the crafting trainers, you have to page over to reagents, i believe marleybone has the diamond recipe

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
king parsley (plant) drops diamonds. It can also drop sunstones btw.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:

Well Diamonds at the Bazaar cost an insane amount

A thousand gold? That's not an insane amount.

Ore is often picked over at the bazaar, as well as diamonds.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
Hello,
8)

Buy tons of ore and transmute it. You need 15 ore for one diamond, good luck. -Jasmine Fireblade lvl 66 fire

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I feel mean.... I have over 50 diamonds...

I just farm the bazaar 24/7, click, 2nd page, no diamonds, click, rinse and repeat. Eh, good luck!