Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I keep getting pulled in on Crab Alley

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
On Crab Alley I keep getting pulled into a battle from the sidewalks. Is it because I am floating or that my PC is slow? I think this is starting to make me angry.
~ Matthew Lightdreamer, Level 13 Fire.

(PS: Love Firecat Alley and Cyclops Lane, I renewed a membership card today and tried them out. The membership came from US - UK! :) )

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
It is probably a combination of both. There are bits of the sidewalk, especially where they jut away at an acute angle, where the collision system seems to engage a mob that is near that part if you are near the edge of the sidwewalk.

Having video lag compounds the problem because the screen may pause right when you are tryingto turn to avoid hitting the street, and boom, the mob sucks you into a battle.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
I got pulled in to a lot of battles too when I was working in Crab Alley. Try staying as close to the side as possible. It seems to help. And just wait until you start Marleybone. It's a lot worse with this kind of thing.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i used to have that problem in mooshu. one time, a ronin literally overstepped the line and pulled me in a fight

Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
I hate getting pulled into battle. I'm about to kill the mob then great another one joins. Ok I go ahead and kill the other one but then someone else joins so now I have to fight 2 other mobs. Either that or flee which means I now have to waste time playing mini games to get my mana back.