Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question to Celestian Observatory owners

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 11, 2010
How long did it take you to craft? I have decided to craft it and I want to know how long it might take.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Well i'm not an owner but i've been working for months, and I am about halfway. If you really focus on it, you can probably finish it in a month or two. I'd probably be further if i stopped doing other stuff.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
It took me about a week or so to craft mine. However, I had multiple wizards on my account that could craft the various items needed. In addition, I had a considerable stockpile of reagents in my shared bank and ample gold to buy anything I was missing. I had one celestial shield as a drop before I ever knew I would need it, the second I was able to obtain fairly quickly as well.

Explorer
Jun 09, 2010
I crafted one and I honestly can't remember how long it took me. I know it wasn't more than a couple of weeks though. However, I have more than one wizard that is a grandmaster crafter and had many reagents collected. I also had different wizards craft different parts of the recipe and transfered them to the one that was crafting the house. This helped spread the cost out a little.

I'm considering crafting the Grizzleheim house next and it looks to take a bit longer.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
GhostlyOtto wrote:
How long did it take you to craft? I have decided to craft it and I want to know how long it might take.
Using 2 wizards to craft all the furniture required and spending all of my time during cooldown to gather reagents, plus farming charmtooth 12 times, i was able to complete it in 8 days. But that's pretty much all i did in the game for those 8 days (i did have to take breaks to go to work, though). Anyway, good luck and happy crafting! -elijah darkthorn, corwin sandstalker- grandmaster artisans

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
Well the cl observatory took me about a few weeks to get all the items for the house. It really depends on how hard ya try in finding the reagents.

Survivor
May 08, 2011
May I also ask; it seems I can't find the recipe for Celestian Shields, can anyone point me to the location of the reagent recipe vendor? I checked it several times, and the recipe for the Celestian Shield is not sold by the one in Celestia among with the other recipes.

At this point, same question for the recipes for the reagents for the Watchtower Hall. Recipes for the reagents needed are not sold by the one who sells the castle recipe at Grizzleheim. I would really, truly appreciate those who could help and point me to the right direction. Thank you very much.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It took me about 2 weeks, longest stretch was farming Charmtooth for those annoying shields, only needed 2 but it is a low percentage chance drop from him. I had most of the other base reagents or other items, from game questing and reagent farming so it was just a matter of putting it all together.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
keira frosthammer is a proud owner of a cl house, thanks to her sisters continous grabbing of reagents as they go by or purchasing some in bazaar
the shields were relatively easy to get, fight charmtooth a few times, lol initially my grandson on our 3rd account kept winning it , afer 3 (in 6 duels) i told him go away.
i am making a cl house on the 2 old accounts, fire blossom the hardest for me to farm
my myth account one is now crown areas only and since all the wizards are finished , i have few areas that i can access in the lower worlds, but i did it buy transmuting and making my own lilies then fire blossoms
the other account making it can still havest the necropolis, that account, played mainly by grandson, had fewer reagents in stock so taking longer

but the 4 shields i needed (2 accounts)i spent a few days of trying when i had time,
suggestions for farming areas would be portico and vestrilund lol and necropolis for most of the needs, else spend a ton of gold and time in the bazaar and hope

but it is fun and since my 2 old accounts are done with the quests not much else to do and i wont delete my people ! lol

have fun

Explorer
May 11, 2010
lord3angle wrote:
May I also ask; it seems I can't find the recipe for Celestian Shields, can anyone point me to the location of the reagent recipe vendor? I checked it several times, and the recipe for the Celestian Shield is not sold by the one in Celestia among with the other recipes.

At this point, same question for the recipes for the reagents for the Watchtower Hall. Recipes for the reagents needed are not sold by the one who sells the castle recipe at Grizzleheim. I would really, truly appreciate those who could help and point me to the right direction. Thank you very much.

The Celestian Shield is only dropped by the boss Curuin Charmtooth in the District of the Stars. To be able to fight him you need to complete a few quests given to you by the Archivist.

Survivor
May 08, 2011
GhostlyOtto wrote:

The Celestian Shield is only dropped by the boss Curuin Charmtooth in the District of the Stars. To be able to fight him you need to complete a few quests given to you by the Archivist.</div>
</blockquote>

Thank you Ghostly Otto, I'll keep that in mind, I've actually completed Celestia, so maybe I should then just keep fighting this boss. Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it.

Any insights about the last query I have about the Watch Tower Hall?

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Its ok now. thanks to all who shared what they know. I found all the answers I'm looking for already. It may take a real long time before I complete them though. I really hope I could get to craft them both.

Wizard 101 Central and its wiki is a real great help. 8) ;)