Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutiple school training

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Is there any negative affects when training in a different school? Any positive affects?

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
well, the only backthrow with secondary school is you wont see its full power. if you mean different wizards with different schools, there are no changes

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The only negative effect is that it costs you Training Points to learn those spells. The positive effect is that you get to use those spells. That may sound simple, but that's about it.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Thats what I was hoping to hear. So you dont get a negative, but are your primary school spells stronger? And if Im reading every thing correct there are only 26 total training points right?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Kiangsa wrote:
Thats what I was hoping to hear. So you dont get a negative, but are your primary school spells stronger? And if Im reading every thing correct there are only 26 total training points right?

The only difference is that power pips count double for spells of your own school- unless, of course, you have one of the Mastery Amulets from the crown shop. For example, I am a Balance wiz, with Fire as my secondary school- if I have 4 power pips, I can cast 2 Sandstorms or a Meteor Strike; using the same combination of schools, a Fire wiz would be able to do 2 Meteor Strikes or a Sandstorm; because every power pip counts as two for whatever your primary class is.

I forget exactly how many points there are, but I have Fire (up to Helephant), Death (up to Wraith), and Star spells in my deck as well, plus a few training points left over, so it's got to be more than 26. If I ever get around to counting, I'll let you know, but it's hard to keep track of all the new stuff that's constantly being added.

All the best!

Laura Shadowsong
Master of Balance

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
iceprincess259 wrote:
how do i get a second school?
when you begin, you should spend all your points on one school. thats what makes it a secondary school