Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Myth have to be so bad?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
hey! myth isn't so bad, it's actually a good school. since we have attacks that attack twice. not to mention, medusa! a totally awesome spell that does great damage, and stuns your enemies for 2 rounds!

blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
niyadjahan wrote:
hey! myth isn't so bad, it's actually a good school. since we have attacks that attack twice. not to mention, medusa! a totally awesome spell that does great damage, and stuns your enemies for 2 rounds!

blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

I agree with blaze, myth is not so bad. Me, Luke ThunderShade, Blaze and our death friend did a 3v3 pvp. We won the 7 out of 7 matches we played. Since our humongofrog spell takes only 4 pips, with 14 pips, we can cast 6 frogs! And double that with 2 myth. Twelve frogs! We myth build damage on the enemy. And if there is a myth shield, no problem for my 2 headed dog. So, my is not bad. Its AWESOME!

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 conjurer
Wysteria Explorer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
This made me .
Myth was the first, and only school I've used. Calling it "bad" is kind of insulting because I'll own you in a PVP under any circumstances. Think about it. PVP: I summon a minion, than it buffs me while I shield.

Than I gain pips while my minion owns you, because deciding to waste pips on an enemies minion isn't logical in a pvp so people don't usually do it.

Myth is amazing and is more fun than ANY other school in my opinion, I find myself changing strategies all the time and finding new, fun ways to exploit myth. You're so used to trap, blade & mega hit that you're not exploring other ways of playing, which is a shame.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
Everyone seems to be lashing out at Minotaur as a "Bad" minion. I wouldnt use him in pvp, but you're saying you don't care about pvp, but at the same time saying minotaur sucks, when it's the only minion specifically adjusted to the story. He shields and taunts. Doesn't get better than that when i'm spamming humongofrog, lol. 8)

- Caleb GreenHeart; 42 Conjurer

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Phoenixtail wrote:
Are you joking? The myth minions are some of the hardest parts about conjurers! When I fight in pvp, the myth guy summons a minion right? and when he does, his minion casts all sorts of shields, so my fire dragons going to be useless. So i am forced to cast my heckhound on the minion to kill him, the heckhound with so many pips that I was saving to use on the conjurer. And then, once that is done, I have enough pips to use heckhound on the conjurer and hit powerfully, but he casts Medusa on me! this stuns me for 2 rounds, and deals significant amounts of damage. So your complaints about myth being underpowered, mean squat to everybody who has ever faced a conjurer in magical combat, and there fore,since they no doubt moniter the game constantly, KI.

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer
A. G. R. E. E. ! ! ! Myth nor any school is underpowered. It has it's weaknesses and it's strength. Seriously I feel like I'm the worst fire wizard. Aye I still appreciate how all the schools are.

Taylor Daisystone
Pyromancer
Level 59 >:O
"You shouldn't be playing a child's game if you have nothing good to say."

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
If you say myth is bad, you are wrong. Myth is more chanenging then others and requires more patience and thought. i am great at it and win battles all the time. if i pvp, i summon a minion and keep taking away enemy traps and blades. if i am questing i can solo easily because i have a friend to back me up wheneven i need. Myth is a great school, just think before you act!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
"If you don't have anything nice to say.....don't say anything at all"

-Aaron Anglebane
-Mood:

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
niyadjahan wrote:
hey! myth isn't so bad, it's actually a good school. since we have attacks that attack twice. not to mention, medusa! a totally awesome spell that does great damage, and stuns your enemies for 2 rounds! blaze duskstone legendary conjurer
Medusa does 25 points less than triton's (storm's level 38 spell) minimum damage, yet costs 2 more pips. Plus many bosses are stun immune, making medusa rather inefficient, in my opinion. But i still use her because she's the best i have to work with for high damage. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I do not think Myth is so bad. But, there are lots of issues I have with Myth.

#1. The oldest issue I have had since 2008/2009. Why would a Death wizard have a potential rank 7 minion available to them at level 20+ that easily overpowers every minion in the game until level 55+?

#2. Why were Cyclop's storm and fire attacks taken away while the Ice minion is allowed to keep Ice shark and Ice bats? That just totally baffles my mind. If minion attacks were to be kept the same type school as the minion itself, then Ice minion should only be able to cast Ice serpent and Snowman. Don't allow minions to "cheat with mutates."

#3. If Myth is a unique and special class whose strength lies in minions, why cripple Myth's abilities and talents with rules and restrictions in combat?

The reason why Myth remains as one of the least popular classes is clear to me. KingsIsle simply does not allow Myth to play at their full potential.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
My myth character just reached level 50, It's not the school with the best damage, or the best accuracy, or (maybe) the best minions, but it is the hardest to master. I think that myth is the least popular school in the game. So, if you manage to finish with your myth character, you can be one of the few who do! :)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
You left out the most important school.....
blaze552563 wrote:
myth is not bad conjurers are a tough enemy its cuz of the minions im not myth but i hate fighting myth ive looked at all schools attacks and spell myth is third strongest attack school every school has its good qualities and bad qualities you can find something wrong with every school
myth
ok accuracy decent attack
minions to draw fire
you can pierce remove traps blades and shields

bad qualities minions are weak (most of them)
you have to double trap and blade cuz of double attacks

you can find something bad about every school just try to improve on those bad qualities with secondary school
bad and good qualities of other schools if you ever make a new character and complain again

storm
good

high attack
strongest attacks in game
bad
low boost blades
very low accuracy
no defense accept one shield

fire
good
high attack
decent blades
good traps
low pip fire field
high critical rating
bad
low accuracy
low critical block

ice
good
high defense
high health
ok blades
bad
low attacks

life
good
healing spells
spirit armor
hard to kill
high accuracy
bad
few and low attacks
only one all attack

death
good
steal health
decent accuracy
strong rank 8 spell
high blades
bad
low attacks
do damage to self for lots of spells

thats all i could think of now but myth is a decent school

Champion
May 03, 2011
I'd have definitely preferred getting ninja pigs over talos. I never use minions anymore, and myth is definitely lacking in the 'attack all enemies' spells.

I don't agree about the AoE spells--Frog with sun is unbeatable, and often criticals. I am fine with that. Ninja Pigs! Yeah, that would have gone a long way toward making Celestia more enjoyable. In my experience, minions in general become useless at the higher levels--except the Golem, whose 0-pip cost makes him really helpful. But you know, a lot of lower-level spells aren't useful at higher levels--why should minions be any different? But Talos, a level 55 card, should have been either less pip-costly, or more health-hardy, in my opinion. Oh well. Maybe we'll get something great when they raise the levels.

Tabitha, ever hopeful :-)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
#1. The oldest issue I have had since 2008/2009. Why would a Death wizard have a potential rank 7 minion available to them at level 20+ that easily overpowers every minion in the game until level 55+?

It does bum me out a bit as well, however... its level 28 and the likelihood of Rank 7 is incredibly low for a lot of levels because it requires 7 power pips. Looking only at health and usefulness, for death to get a minion with the same health as a cyclops minion (700), they have to spend at least 7 pips vs. 4 for the cyclops or 3 for minotaur. Additionally, since you get a different minion for the amount of pips you use, it can be very difficult for a death to get the minion they want when they want it. Finally, they don't get the minion spell toolkit (shield, boost, etc.) for free like myth does and that's what really separates myth minions from everyone else.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
#2. Why were Cyclop's storm and fire attacks taken away while the Ice minion is allowed to keep Ice shark and Ice bats? That just totally baffles my mind. If minion attacks were to be kept the same type school as the minion itself, then Ice minion should only be able to cast Ice serpent and Snowman. Don't allow minions to "cheat with mutates."

Several minions have been adjusted so that the wizard can better utilize them. The ice minion also used to have storm and fire attacks as well. Now he has frost beetle, ice cat, ice bats, and snow shark. His purpose hasn't changed at all (at 400 health he is meant only as a glass cannon because ice damage is the weakest in the game and now he can no longer self heal because ghoul was removed), he was merely adjusted so that an ice wizard could actually boost him a little. In the same way, the myth minion was adjusted to use myth spells (so you can get the damage up) and his health was increased to 700. He still shields, he still has ghoul, and if you have spirit blade and your minion toolkit, you can really heavily utilize his damage potential without wasting a bunch of training points on elemental boosting spells or feint.

For instance... The cyclops minion is already prone to blade, trap, cyclops... you can augment that with time of legend, spirit blade, and buff minion which can get his cyclops spell up into the range of 1054 to 1294. The spirit blade is awesome because it also works with his ghoul, which you can again add buff minion to for death damage of 302 and heals of 151. You also have the ability to shield him (effectively a -70% tower shield) and he is already 10% more accuracy than the ice minion's spells since they are mutated storm spells. To me, it seems like a good tradeoff. Besides, myth is the third highest damage per pip in the game.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
#3. If Myth is a unique and special class whose strength lies in minions, why cripple Myth's abilities and talents with rules and restrictions in combat?

I just don't agree with this. I just don't see that myth's minions are at all crippled, particularly when used with the minion toolkit that myth gets for no training points.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
The reason why Myth remains as one of the least popular classes is clear to me. KingsIsle simply does not allow Myth to play at their full potential.

I also disagree with this. I think Myth remains unpopular because it can be difficult to master due to the number of strategic options, just like balance. Unlike Balance, however, no obvious go to spell emerges as in the case of judgement. They also are not as popular to play with in a group since a full party keeps you from using minions, your big spells need two traps (so you can't simply blade, feint kill), and many people are trap happy thereby also making them angry should you happen to use earthquake. This puts Myth into a group which limits its options for growth, because lets face it, very few people in this game really learn their school well enough to solo with it.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
People should never say a school is bad cause people might think its an awesome school and start to say bad things bout other schools. I think this is how we got a "Battle of the Schools" thing of whose school is worse or not :?

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
look at wizard101central.com, they say it is the 2nd best school to be, behind fire... not weak at all

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
It is not that bad you get really strong minions (Talos) and if someone shield use minotaur or orthus to take off and attack hard still and Medusa isn't half bad :-)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I gotta agree i got a myth legend i tried to rank her up 1v1 when she was lvl 25 and she actually is good i got her till veteran the all of a sudden i decided to lvl her up to lvl 46 cause maybe she can be more good and even get better to arena but i guess not she lost rank and even goes down to 300 below so i lost hope to her so i didnt even bother to rank her up again it was tragic i mean its really sad, till she turns to lvl 60 and talos came out i got her rank up to commander back again myth really good in 1v1 and 2v2 i tried putting her in 4v4 but it just dont work i mean earth dont even damage that a lot even with grag and boost i only get lucky if i critical and if they dont block it specially frog too but anyways i still love my myth char she is getting better i just dont wanna keep continuing ranking cause she might lost rank again and i would CRY like really cry..... :?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
gtarhannon wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

It does bum me out a bit as well, however... its level 28 and the likelihood of Rank 7 is incredibly low for a lot of levels because it requires 7 power pips. Looking only at health and usefulness, for death to get a minion with the same health as a cyclops minion (700), they have to spend at least 7 pips vs. 4 for the cyclops or 3 for minotaur. Additionally, since you get a different minion for the amount of pips you use, it can be very difficult for a death to get the minion they want when they want it. Finally, they don't get the minion spell toolkit (shield, boost, etc.) for free like myth does and that's what really separates myth minions from everyone else.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

Several minions have been adjusted so that the wizard can better utilize them. The ice minion also used to have storm and fire attacks as well. Now he has frost beetle, ice cat, ice bats, and snow shark. His purpose hasn't changed at all (at 400 health he is meant only as a glass cannon because ice damage is the weakest in the game and now he can no longer self heal because ghoul was removed), he was merely adjusted so that an ice wizard could actually boost him a little. In the same way, the myth minion was adjusted to use myth spells (so you can get the damage up) and his health was increased to 700. He still shields, he still has ghoul, and if you have spirit blade and your minion toolkit, you can really heavily utilize his damage potential without wasting a bunch of training points on elemental boosting spells or feint.

For instance... The cyclops minion is already prone to blade, trap, cyclops... you can augment that with time of legend, spirit blade, and buff minion which can get his cyclops spell up into the range of 1054 to 1294. The spirit blade is awesome because it also works with his ghoul, which you can again add buff minion to for death damage of 302 and heals of 151. You also have the ability to shield him (effectively a -70% tower shield) and he is already 10% more accuracy than the ice minion's spells since they are mutated storm spells. To me, it seems like a good tradeoff. Besides, myth is the third highest damage per pip in the game.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

I just don't agree with this. I just don't see that myth's minions are at all crippled, particularly when used with the minion toolkit that myth gets for no training points.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

I also disagree with this. I think Myth remains unpopular because it can be difficult to master due to the number of strategic options, just like balance. Unlike Balance, however, no obvious go to spell emerges as in the case of judgement. They also are not as popular to play with in a group since a full party keeps you from using minions, your big spells need two traps (so you can't simply blade, feint kill), and many people are trap happy thereby also making them angry should you happen to use earthquake. This puts Myth into a group which limits its options for growth, because lets face it, very few people in this game really learn their school well enough to solo with it.

I really appreciate such thorough input on this.

You said it yourself. Not popular in groups because of this and that. That is exactly what I mean by KI not allowing us (Myth) to play at our full potential.

I soloed, through trials and tribulations, through Celestia. But noticed how I was reduced from a minion using class to a mere second-rate damage class. Simply because minions in Celestia other than the rank 0 puppet was in a sense suicide. Another reason why I say that KI is not allowing us (Myth) to play at our full potential. And that is what I am saying is crippled. I don't think Myth's minions are crippled.

I liked reading your thoughts and observation about the Death and Ice minion. This makes me think I was simply looking at what is always the greener grass on the other side.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
a agree yet disagree with this post myth with a good strategy is powerful yet it has been getting some short end of some sticks that make me rethink my legendary myth.
first: the powerful one hitter medusa yet its special ability is undone by most bosses i don't see the other rank 8 spells getting their special abilities canceled by bosses.
second: one of our abilities is minions hmm what are they good for in higher level worlds?
third: out of the spirit schools it has two all enemies attacks yet anyone can train them and aren't as unique as the higher level all enemy attacks.
good:the only thing that is awsome about myth is their shield bypass which is awsome that makes myth worthwhile for now.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011

Well all i can say try getting the Lvl 55 quest spell as myth, come back and post how it went.

you will understand then.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I really appreciate such thorough input on this.

No problem, I do try to be thorough.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
You said it yourself. Not popular in groups because of this and that. That is exactly what I mean by KI not allowing us (Myth) to play at our full potential.

I guess I see it differently. Good players of any school are always welcome and I never have any issues with people not wanting my myth to join. It seems to me to be less of an issue with KI capping potential, and more of an issue regarding understanding how to effectively use the school. I will not argue the point, however, that myth can be very difficult to effectively master in both solo and group play toward the higher levels.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
I soloed, through trials and tribulations, through Celestia. But noticed how I was reduced from a minion using class to a mere second-rate damage class. Simply because minions in Celestia other than the rank 0 puppet was in a sense suicide. Another reason why I say that KI is not allowing us (Myth) to play at our full potential. And that is what I am saying is crippled. I don't think Myth's minions are crippled.

I disagree here as well... I see myth's damage as both accurate and cunning. While it presents issues all on its own, the ability to bypass shields in a single hit is tactically brilliant and the ability to attack all while dropping all their surplus wards and charms is also brilliant even if that means slightly less damaging. While a large number of storyline bosses are stun immune, that doesn't mean there isn't lots and lots of creatures along the way who aren't (and most of the wintertusk bosses can be stunned) and when combined with Talos, you can really effectively use the stunning capabilities to hold enemies as bay while you pick others off. Myth's strength lies in its massive tactical arsenal, but that's also its curse because in my opinion, that means to really heavily utilize it one must have lots of situational decks. I do have a general purpose deck as well (which is a mixed bag of tactics) but even then, you do have to pick and choose which cards to have a heavy amount of copies of.

Shiningfantasia wrote:
I liked reading your thoughts and observation about the Death and Ice minion. This makes me think I was simply looking at what is always the greener grass on the other side.

I hear you. I have a lot of wizards and I enjoy using minions of every school. I have to say that without a doubt, my least favorite minion is the spectral minion simply because it is only useful if you can cast it very early on so that you know what you have to work with before you've already chosen and engaged in your strategy for the match. Regardless, I like minions anytime I can't just quick kill everyone in the match.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
shortzie21095 wrote:

Well all i can say try getting the Lvl 55 quest spell as myth, come back and post how it went.

you will understand then.

No problems here. Do you need help/tips?

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
I think its a better pvp wizard than a quest wizard for sure. I never farm with my myth, it just doesnt make any sense to use it. Its strengths lie in pvp, esp team pvp.

I think it would help if there were some good stat myth pets in the game. It seems that other schools have better pet drops available in the game, such as sea dragon. Myth just has that mouse from MB. The frog is a good card, but the stats are horrible.