Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Myth have to be so bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Personally i liked myth since i started with my storm they looked like an awesome school but when i recently got my myth to 40 i was like wow.... i hate myth idk why but ill tell you a couple of reasons :

1st. You rarely see good cloth when reach lvl35 and up for myth i mean i know grand obviously but i just dont know it seems weak

2nd. It doesn't have many attack spells its all about minions and personally idk why it is about minions i mean most of the minions are bad i didn't even like minotaur minion i think they are all a waste of pips except talos

3rd. What more can i say the damage ugh its horrible i embarrassed myself by telling my friends to boost me and then hitting a very low hit.. also it fizz? why its already bad why make it fizz i mean 80% that's just sad i rather have a storm

A lot of more reasons but that's it for now i mean seriously its sad to see a school like myth be the less popular in my opinion if it had something better or the minions WOULD be actually useful i would consider it.. but summoning a minion for 4pips and then he just pass every turn? o please how about actually controlling your minions movements only for myth wizards that would give some excitement all am saying i wish it would be better atleas't take out a minion that you learn and add a damage spell :D how about the ninja pigs everyone loves them i would like that cause really all i use is frog because using minotaur seems like useless for fighting multiple enemies

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Myth is one of my favorite schools because it is a challenge to play. It is more than blade, trap, and hit. The double hits cut through defenses. Each of the minions have a purpose. The purpose of the minotaur is to draw fire sort of like the storm minion.

If you want big hits, then Myth is not for you. Myth is more about wearing down the enemy than a one shot hit like storm.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
you know is funny cause i wasnt asking for a lecture or an opinion i was asking if anybody thinks myth should have better purpose for minions i mean seriously nobody that is myth that i have as a friend uses minions they think they are useless what i think they should do is make a minion control panel there's 4 options attack,buff,heal and shield in the minion icon in the lower part of your game you click the icon and would get to choose one of those the minion would do whatever attack he has in hes deck this way if you simply want to hit a decent hit to take out a boss you click buff option and he does whatever card he can give you if you need a health boost because your about to die you choose heal and he uses whatever card he has and each minion would have better cards to help you and of course if you simply want him to attack whenever you want you press attack of course this way he doesn't take the traps you want to use lol isn't that annoying when he takes your feint or trap and well if myth truly is the best in minions ... they should show it and people would agree this would be awesome cause the schools would be balanced with popularity who wouldn't want a minion you get to control it would truly be the best school for solo

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
Are you joking? The myth minions are some of the hardest parts about conjurers! When I fight in pvp, the myth guy summons a minion right? and when he does, his minion casts all sorts of shields, so my fire dragons going to be useless. So i am forced to cast my heckhound on the minion to kill him, the heckhound with so many pips that I was saving to use on the conjurer. And then, once that is done, I have enough pips to use heckhound on the conjurer and hit powerfully, but he casts Medusa on me! this stuns me for 2 rounds, and deals significant amounts of damage. So your complaints about myth being underpowered, mean squat to everybody who has ever faced a conjurer in magical combat, and there fore,since they no doubt moniter the game constantly, KI.

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I'd have definitely preferred getting ninja pigs over talos. I never use minions anymore, and myth is definitely lacking in the 'attack all enemies' spells. But i do like myth's double attacks and shield destruction abilities. Otherwise, i do enjoy the challenge of being the weakest class in the game. :) -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
why do you people always have to come quickly with pvp! i don"t care about pvp i am talking about story!.. pvp it can stay that way but in story quests etc i want a better myth and am not talking about a lvl58 myth wizard! am talking about lower level's they just pathetic orthrus and medusa are like the only good spells myth have for combat that"s why i want a minion that can do what i want instead of taking my feint and all my dang traps for my hit now if no one else has an opinion that does not! include pvp then go ahead and post it i am tired of postings ideas when all you people do is either complain or find a way to disagree

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
rofl are you joking myth is one of the best schools :? one of my friends doudts himself but he is awesome i think its funny that you dont belive in yourself you need to lvl up your myth to understand 8)

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
myth is not bad conjurers are a tough enemy its cuz of the minions im not myth but i hate fighting myth ive looked at all schools attacks and spell myth is third strongest attack school every school has its good qualities and bad qualities you can find something wrong with every school
myth
ok accuracy decent attack
minions to draw fire
you can pierce remove traps blades and shields

bad qualities minions are weak (most of them)
you have to double trap and blade cuz of double attacks

you can find something bad about every school just try to improve on those bad qualities with secondary school
bad and good qualities of other schools if you ever make a new character and complain again

storm
good

high attack
strongest attacks in game
bad
low boost blades
very low accuracy
no defense accept one shield

fire
good
high attack
decent blades
good traps
low pip fire field
high critical rating
bad
low accuracy
low critical block

ice
good
high defense
high health
ok blades
bad
low attacks

life
good
healing spells
spirit armor
hard to kill
high accuracy
bad
few and low attacks
only one all attack

death
good
steal health
decent accuracy
strong rank 8 spell
high blades
bad
low attacks
do damage to self for lots of spells

thats all i could think of now but myth is a decent school

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Sorry I have to agree, the summoned are weak when it comes to AI, they always seem to be doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. I have played a lot of MMO's and for that matter a lot of games since the origional PONG oh so many years ago. Myth does need a control bar for it's minions.

( why do people who post and have a different opinion always get hostile? )

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Myth is one of my legends and it is epic. It isnt about high hits, it's about letting your minion weaken opponent and you finish off. in the legend gear myth and ice has close boost and defense. so that means myth is about defense. maybe you think it's weak because your used to storm for high hits. myth is also a great trickster. they destroy shields and traps on them to make it easier to fight. and minotaur and orthrus is awesome to destroy the shield with low hit and goes with the big hit

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
XMX7 wrote:
Personally i liked myth since i started with my storm they looked like an awesome school but when i recently got my myth to 40 i was like wow.... i hate myth idk why but ill tell you a couple of reasons :

1st. You rarely see good cloth when reach lvl35 and up for myth i mean i know grand obviously but i just dont know it seems weak

2nd. It doesn't have many attack spells its all about minions and personally idk why it is about minions i mean most of the minions are bad i didn't even like minotaur minion i think they are all a waste of pips except talos

3rd. What more can i say the damage ugh its horrible i embarrassed myself by telling my friends to boost me and then hitting a very low hit.. also it fizz? why its already bad why make it fizz i mean 80% that's just sad i rather have a storm

A lot of more reasons but that's it for now i mean seriously its sad to see a school like myth be the less popular in my opinion if it had something better or the minions WOULD be actually useful i would consider it.. but summoning a minion for 4pips and then he just pass every turn? o please how about actually controlling your minions movements only for myth wizards that would give some excitement all am saying i wish it would be better atleas't take out a minion that you learn and add a damage spell :D how about the ninja pigs everyone loves them i would like that cause really all i use is frog because using minotaur seems like useless for fighting multiple enemies

I like myth and the minotaur minion was a fail but the cyclops one is cool if you use three pips to summon it it will do good attacks and heal and myth acurracy is higher than storm if you want it higher get items with accuracy i almost beat the whole game with a myth guy im at malistaire so stop buggin out cuz every school is awesome in its on way

cameron giantcaster lvl 53 myth

Historian
May 01, 2010
blaze552563 wrote:
myth is not bad conjurers are a tough enemy its cuz of the minions im not myth but i hate fighting myth ive looked at all schools attacks and spell myth is third strongest attack school every school has its good qualities and bad qualities you can find something wrong with every school
myth
minions to draw fire

you can find something bad about every school just try to improve on those bad qualities with secondary school
bad and good qualities of other schools if you ever make a new character and complain again

storm
good

high attack
bad
low boost blades
very low accuracy

fire
good
high attack
decent blades
good traps
low pip fire field
high critical rating
bad
low accuracy
low critical block
lots of over time effects

ice
good
high defense
high health
ok blades
bad
low attacks
too much defense

life
good
healing spells
spirit armor
hard to kill
high accuracy
bad
few and low attacks
only one all attack

death
good
steal health
decent accuracy
strong rank 8 spell
high blades
bad
low attacks

low attacks

hmm to me, that seems like more of a pvp list. i am saying that you arent ice, because you are complaining about the defense, nor fire, because you are complaining about the DoTs, also the life, i would prefer fairy to spirit armor any day, except when i am at full health, thats really the only place spirit armor comes into play. anyway but i see what you are trying to say.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
XMX7 wrote:
you know is funny cause i wasnt asking for a lecture or an opinion i was asking if anybody thinks myth should have better purpose for minions i mean seriously nobody that is myth that i have as a friend uses minions they think they are useless what i think they should do is make a minion control panel there's 4 options attack,buff,heal and shield in the minion icon in the lower part of your game you click the icon and would get to choose one of those the minion would do whatever attack he has in hes deck this way if you simply want to hit a decent hit to take out a boss you click buff option and he does whatever card he can give you if you need a health boost because your about to die you choose heal and he uses whatever card he has and each minion would have better cards to help you and of course if you simply want him to attack whenever you want you press attack of course this way he doesn't take the traps you want to use lol isn't that annoying when he takes your feint or trap and well if myth truly is the best in minions ... they should show it and people would agree this would be awesome cause the schools would be balanced with popularity who wouldn't want a minion you get to control it would truly be the best school for solo

Agreed, for my myth I use minions. they help A TON though most refuse to use them. That's why only Myth gets a lot of the minions.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
A control bar for minions would be a really cool addition and it would be interesting to see if that would increase the use of minions. I'd give it a try. I'm just not certain if it would be added, though, because in order for it to be worth the time to set it up, KI would have to somehow be certain that enough people would start using minions again. Though, if they did, i doubt they would change the whole battle system set-up just for myth; it would really have to be set up for any class casting a minion, which i'm also completely cool with. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer (and crew)

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
slammer111 wrote:
blaze552563 wrote:
myth
minions to draw fire

storm
good

high attack
bad
low boost blades
very low accuracy

fire
good
high attack
decent blades
good traps
low pip fire field
high critical rating
bad
low accuracy
low critical block

ice
good
high defense
high health
ok blades
bad
low attacks
too much defense

life
good
healing spells
spirit armor
hard to kill
high accuracy
bad
few and low attacks
only one all attack

death
good
steal health
decent accuracy
strong rank 8 spell
high blades
bad
low attacks

low attacks

hmm to me, that seems like more of a pvp list. i am saying that you arent ice, because you are complaining about the defense, nor fire, because you are complaining about the DoTs, also the life, i would prefer fairy to spirit armor any day, except when i am at full health, thats really the only place spirit armor comes into play. anyway but i see what you are trying to say.

i am fire a legendary i meant the over time for spells like heckhound where unless your first it attacks next turn sometimes in those situations you need strong attack now it should be more like dragon attack up front then over time believe me the over time is not that bad but some cases with heckhound and scald it could be if you really need it at least i think thats what you mean by Do T's honestly that is a good quality but sometimes it can be bad though spirit armor is awsome not that many pips and you absorb damage like if your pet cast sprite put that up and wait for it to cast sprite if the attack is like dragon efreet or helephant etc. it is basically no good i didn't think that list through to good

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
ok every school has it strengthes and weaknesses(but i don't no all of them) but i do know myth is good at strategy and counter strategy.

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
Ya right! Myth is one of the best schools. I can tell how your feeling though because that how i felt when i was you level too but trust me myth gets so much better. I mean i can easily hit three thousand with medusa, all she needs is a blade trap and spirit blade, and if that doesn't kill she stuns for two rounds so i already have a minotaur to finish them off. Just wait it gets better.

Survivor
May 25, 2011
Yeah Myth is very hard but it's like normal school myth is like math :3

Blake SunHunter 28 Balance

Historian
May 01, 2010
blaze552563 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
blaze552563 wrote:
myth
minions to draw fire

storm
good

high attack
bad
low boost blades
very low accuracy

fire
good
high attack
decent blades
good traps
low pip fire field
high critical rating
bad
low accuracy
low critical block

ice
good
high defense
high health
ok blades
bad
low attacks
too much defense

life
good
healing spells
spirit armor
hard to kill
high accuracy
bad
few and low attacks
only one all attack

death
good
steal health
decent accuracy
strong rank 8 spell
high blades
bad
low attacks

low attacks

i am fire a legendary i meant the over time for spells like heckhound where unless your first it attacks next turn sometimes in those situations you need strong attack now it should be more like dragon attack up front then over time believe me the over time is not that bad but some cases with heckhound and scald it could be if you really need it at least i think thats what you mean by Do T's honestly that is a good quality but sometimes it can be bad though spirit armor is awsome not that many pips and you absorb damage like if your pet cast sprite put that up and wait for it to cast sprite if the attack is like dragon efreet or helephant etc. it is basically no good i didn't think that list through to good

i fire too XD anyway i agree with the DoT thing, but we are getting off topic. i agree with razm, myth pays off when you get to higher levels. you myth may not be able to one hit kill (wait, even if you maxed orthrus, would it still count as on hit? ) but anyway, myth has much potential, it is not a weak school, but maybe the wizard doesnt know how to use it

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
blaze552563 wrote:
myth
minions to draw fire

storm
good

high attack
bad
low boost blades
very low accuracy

fire
good
high attack
decent blades
good traps
low pip fire field
high critical rating
bad
low accuracy
low critical block

ice
good
high defense
high health
ok blades
bad
low attacks

life
good
healing spells
spirit armor
hard to kill
high accuracy
bad
few and low attacks
only one all attack

death
good
steal health
decent accuracy
strong rank 8 spell
high blades
bad
low attacks

Hey! Death has lots of minions INCLUDING the most powerful, AND the smartest minion: the death incarnate. Rank 7 death, it heals, converts, buffs, traps, uses spells like wraith and scarecrow, and it uses tower shields and taunts. You get it from the animate spell (It has an X pip cost) for max power pips for death.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
When i didn't know much about the game my sister wanted to play and did not have any opinion on what school to choose so i told her Myth because i saw it unlikely for her to call friends for help in a tough boss she would solo it and she loves Myth and she might have just got cyclops, but she is loving it. I fought a myth in pvp he summoned a minion and i had to focus on him, I used Meteor and found out that the conjurer had extremely high resist for some reason. So I was fighting him in Pvp and focused on the minion. in that time the minion was buffing, trapping, etc. Once i finally defeated the minion the conjurer used some spell to attack (i dont remember, it was some time ago) and i got defeated. Truth be told Myth is not that bad and the minions can be decent if you look at the pros and not the cons. It can heal you, put traps for you, and when he is about to troll him you use cyclops whatever. Don't get angry because i sound like a noob, i am just saying this so even novice players can see my point. :-)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Why do you guys have to be so mean to us conjurers!? Did you even think that conjurers are reading this! I am with the people who say that if you want higher attacks that myth is not for you! Myth is a great school. Lots of us have great health and if you are a lover of the ancient Greek myths then you will probably love myth more than anything else! It is ok if you dont like it, i dont like certain schools myself, but you dont have to post anything about us being sort of weak.
Rachel Ghoatcatcher, grandmaster myth

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
As always someone gets off topic first of all my myth is lvl48 and i do know how to use it...second of all if you didnt notice i changed the topic to the control bar for minions(only in story) so those novice players can actually use their minions and not have to be asking for help cause as we all know we always have needed help at certain points and sometimes we get upset because we cannot do something alone to advance so this would be a good solution minion control panel would allow you to pick what your minion does next either attack,buff,heal or shield and even pass if you guys would want to add that and by the way I AM NOT insulting conjurers i am saying my opinion about myth and that i would want it to be better in low lvls cause we myth only have spells like frog below lvl37 now you understand? and yes i am used to storms high hits but please stay with the new topic the minion control panel instead of attacking my opinion and thanks for commenting this is my highest commentated post so far :)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
well all schools have weakness and advanteges myth wizards are solos summonig minions constanly so even tho they are weak there are so many!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
XMX7 wrote:
As always someone gets off topic first of all my myth is lvl48 and i do know how to use it...second of all if you didnt notice i changed the topic to the control bar for minions(only in story) so those novice players can actually use their minions and not have to be asking for help cause as we all know we always have needed help at certain points and sometimes we get upset because we cannot do something alone to advance so this would be a good solution minion control panel would allow you to pick what your minion does next either attack,buff,heal or shield and even pass if you guys would want to add that and by the way I AM NOT insulting conjurers i am saying my opinion about myth and that i would want it to be better in low lvls cause we myth only have spells like frog below lvl37 now you understand? and yes i am used to storms high hits but please stay with the new topic the minion control panel instead of attacking my opinion and thanks for commenting this is my highest commentated post so far :-)

So, I didn't have any real problems with myth (and I solo everything) at any level. I noticed in one of your previous posts that you commented about feint. Traps such as feint, in my opinion, are the wrong direction for dealing damage with your myth. Blades and the time of legend spell are the way to go. Combine them with a hard hitting cyclops minion (who might trap for you), along with your minion toolkit (+40% boost minion, -70% shield minion, etc) and you can effectively tag team enemies. Feint is useful for myth, but in my opinion, not until much later in the game. I personally find ice to tower shield and life to at least sprite to be more useful in the beginning. There are some long posts (though admittedly directed at the higher level myth wizard) in this thread:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/39043.ftl#217986

If you're looking for more level specific tips, I suggest you post information about your wizard (level, secondary spells trained, available training points, current gear and pet selection, etc) and I know that someone would be happy to help with advice.